Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry 43 year ols skin.
I cannot use this foundation alone, or it ages me horribly.
However, mixed with my It Cosmetics MoisturiIng foundation has become my holy grail!
Beautiful finish, and lasts like nothing else!
Pretty much transfer proof.
I fell asleep with my makeup on one night, and the next morning my foundation was still intact and looking good.
Amazing foundation that I will repurchase for the rest of time!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

on 3/17/2018 10:17:00 PM

I always reach for this foundation when my skin needs coverage. This is not the type of foundation that looks like your skin. It's full coverage and will emphasize fine-lines. But it's very long lasting, when I wear it I knew by the end of the day, I'll look the same as I first apply it. I don't recommend wear it everyday, because it has the tendency to break out. Make sure you use a oil based cleanser to remove this foundation.

on 3/17/2018 4:58:00 AM

After using it double cleaning must be done.. and during the day it gets a bit yellowish.. but it is the best foundation i have ever used and i think using my fifth bootle

on 2/26/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG foundation, hands down. No matter what I try, I come running back to this. I had a bit of a time finding my perfect match. I'm NC15 in MAC, and I am neutral leaning a tad yellow. I tried 1N2, and that shade was thisclose to being perfect. Then, I tried 1W1 and ta da! Perfection! That said, I am pale, but I'm definitely not the palest in the world. So, I'm not sure how super pale girls will fare in this line (although they recently released some additional shades in other undertones, so perhaps they will introduce a very, very fair warm-leaning shade soon?). The finish isn't so matte that it makes your face look like dried cake frosting, but it isn't dewy, either. It's like the perfect balance. And this stuff just STICKS to your face like glue, but I haven't had any issues with breakouts on my acne-prone face. I can do a 30-minute full on cardio workout wearing this foundation, and it doesn't budge. The coverage is solid medium and buildable to full, but I can't imagine anyone needing much more than medium coverage in this line. My acne scars will attest to that for you! Finally, I have true combo skin, thanks to my rx retin-a. But I don't find this clings too terribly to my dry patches, as long as I sufficiently exfoliate with my Clarisonic.

on 2/23/2018 6:40:00 PM

A mind blower. Before starting to use makeup like crazy :)... I used to look at models and wonder how they get this flawless, wax like skin... I only experienced that same look after I got the double wear. First when I wanted a foundation I got the Lancome one, but than I read all the reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. It is almost at 5 stars rating by thousands of people. I thought I must try it. I had a 20% coupon from Estee Lauder so I used it for a foundation and a concealer. From the first time I applied it I fell in love with it. It has a super full coverage. It looks flawless but not like skin. So you can tell that someone is wearing foundation. It doesn't get cakey and is very long lasting. It stays the same from morning till you take it off with makeup remover. It does NOT oxidize at all nor change its color. The only con would be getting too close to a mirror.. like 10 centimeters :) you will start seeing the foundation and some pores. I think this might go away with a good hi end primer. I don't have one in the mean time and tired it with my infallible from L'oreal. MM... also the shade was a bit orangy on me. I have warm undertone and medium skin tone so I got the Tawny as the Cashew and the one before didn't match my skin when I tested them in the beauty boutique so I got the Tawny which is also the shade I've been using in my compressed powder years and years long. I would say 10 years ago I started getting the compressed powder and would purchase a new one whenever I go through it until now it's been my absolute favorite. It is lightweight and gives a very light coverage not even medium but brightens my skin a lot making me look good :) so I thought it is safe to get the same shade in the liquid double wear... I still love it and am not complaining but I wish there are more shades for warm undertones. The package is very cute the bottle is glass with this gorgeous golden lid. I find it the best foundation for looks like cleopatra or any character as it totally changes the skin tone to the shade you pick. You don't need to build it up as one small hint of it would cover everything and tone up your skin tone. Other makeup products blend well with it. I tried the tarte amazonian clay blush with it and it blended really cool and also the tarte slenderizer blended very smoothly as my contouring stick. I used a powder highlighter by Maybelline as well and it looked so shiny and lovely. I love this stuff so much and highly recommend it. Don't waste your money trying to find a perfect foundation, this is the BEST. I hope you find my review helpful. If so, Please hit the helpful button. xoxoxo

Here is a link to my YouTube video where I used this foundation as mentioned above... Thanks so much for reading....

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation everyday for about 6 months (minus some weekends) and I don't need any other. I have yet to find another full coverage foundation that doesn't look masky/heavy. This just works. No matter if I use a brush or beautyblender lighter coverage.

Price: $42. So yeah. It's not as expensive as some "luxury brands" but still on the high end. But I think they're worth it honestly.

Coverage: It's Med to Full Coverage depending on what you're trying to cover and what technique you're using. I've got some hyperpigmentation which is fading and it does a good job of covering but if it doesn't that's what concealer is for.

Shades: Has a pretty impressive shade range. Color matching is where you might run into some difficulty. I've been matched horribly by a sales associate with Rich Ginger. Uh...I looked like Casper.
Their machine matched me with Amber Honey 5N2 one of their neutral shades. It still has a slight reddish undertone (I'm yellow) but it was the closest I was going to get to this highly coveted foundation and it was doable.
I mixed my Mufe custom drops in yellow to make it less red. Now just recently Estee Lauder released some in between shades and I am happy to report that Cinnamon 5w1.5 is dang near perfect. I mix it with my Amber honey. Hello Perfection. I don't know how to swing the cost of both but ya girl will figure something out.

Wear Time: Surprisingly as advertised although most times I do wear a setting spray and tend to powder my tzone ALWAYS when I'm going out. So that does effect wear for us oily girls. I tend to get a bit drier in winter but haven't had any issues. Also doesn't transfer.

Texture: Seems kind of runny when you pour it or use your finger to place over the top and dispense it that way like they recommend. A little goes along way. I usually stipple mine on for more coverage. You can buy a separate pump for the jar if that bothers you. Personally I worry how pumping air into it will effect the product.

So major pros are that it does what it claims. I have yet to experience any foundation that gives me this kind of coverage without feeling heavy or looking masky. It's buildable. They are slowly but surely increasing the in between shades.
Cons would be price if you're on a budget. I can't think of any dupes. This is NOT the same as Smashbox studio Fix. I don't know why people keep saying that. That foundation was horrible for me.
If you fall into the very fair to the in between brown and dark shades you might have some trouble finding ONE shade that works.
I would recommend getting a sample. Wear it outside. Try the machine and matching yourself. Purchase from a department store with a friendly return policy.