Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/28/2017 9:03:00 AM

The best Iv ever had. Really covers all redness but not too heavy. Stays all day. Not oily.

The only foundation I use. I have very oily skin and this one stays on all day without becoming greasy. I do have to blot late afternoon but I can get away with wearing it from morning until bedtime. The color is a perfect match whether I'm pale or tan. The full coverage hides redness and evens out my skin tone beautifully. I can't say enough about this product.

on 3/15/2017 1:45:00 PM

I put off buying this for years. Probably because I despise trends and tend to do them till others catch on. (I got a tattoo in 1984. Listen, there weren't even "tattoo artists" in 1984.)

This works very well for me. Two common complaints befuddle me. One, that it is hard to get off. Two words: micellar water. Done. Also, that it doesn't have a pump and you have to pour it out. Um, whut? Remove top, put your middle finger over the rim, turn bottle upside down. Touch finger to nose, cheek, cheek. Repeat bottle action. Forehead, forehead, chin. Use brush or sponge to spread. Done.

I am lucky that I don't often have to be out for hours and hours. But when I do, I am so glad I can depend on this gem to stay in place.

on 3/14/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you are going to have a long day and you want your make-up to last all day, this is the go to foundation. I have very oily skin and this foundation is great for my skin type. Shade matching can be challenging but once you found the right one you won't be disappointed. I am MAC C3 or C3.5 (Summer) and my shade is 2W1 Dawn. Only downside is no pump, so it can get messy but like some others have matched MAC has a pump that fits this ELDW bottle.

This Estee Lauder foundation is Fantastic! I have been using it for YEARS religiously...I have never been able to achieve such flawless results with any other product and omg...this lasts all day into the evening without need for touch up. The best part for me is the No Transfer! It stays in place...reminding me of the time I bought a Dior foundation that left my wallet empty and a white shirt covered in foundation...that never happens with ELDW. I have primarily stuck with Ivory Beige although the Wheat works well in the summer months when I have a bit more color to my skin. It is absolutely full coverage, but never cakey. My skin is fairly normal with the T zone being a bit oily. I do moisturize and prime prior to foundation application. I am finding this year though, that it is settling a bit in my fine eye lines, but that is no reflection of the product..my skin is just aging...😣 I give 4 lippies on price because I find most cosmetics overpriced...but that wouldn't stop me from buying this product because it delivers the results I seek.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have dehydrated combo skin. Ive been searching for years for a foundation that would not separate on my face. I used MUFE mat velvet for a few years but found it to be too matte and made me flakey. Colorstay was a little better but still very drying. I found this gem and have been hooked. I use a hydrating primer underneath and apply this with my Tarte airbursh brush and my face is absolutely AMAZING. I actually enjoy doing my makeup now whereas before I dreaded it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The lightest shade available in my country is Pebble. Which is way to dark and orange for me. Which is ofcourse my problem and not the product's. I bought it anyways because it made my skin look flawless and it dries very nice and quickly. Im going to try and lighten it with the La Girl Pro HD liquid foundation in White because Ive heard they have the same quick drying formula.
The only downside: the stupid opening. No pump. Just letting the product pour out...

Will report back, make up soldiers!

First I have to say that if you are looking for a foundation with some "give" when it blends out, then this wouldn't be for you. Even with a primer and/or moisturizer you have to work quickly to blend. I do my face in sections, and add more as I go. Dabbing some all over the face to start with won't work. For me a dampened beauty blender works best, but a brush will also work great. If for some reason I have to use my fingers, I mix some moisturizer in with the foundation first. This foundation is very full coverage, and long lasting. The finish is matte, and looks flawless when it's applied the right way! It lasts all day for me even in the summer.

This foundation really does last all day. The coverage feels light and doesn’t wear like a mask. It also convincingly disguises skin imperfections. I like it very much. I made a review on Youtube where I´m showing you how the coverage is and how it looks like enjoy watching!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very expensive (to me) but is very reliable, great color selection, and looks and lasts great. You can use a MAC foundation pump if you want a pump (thanks to someone @ Sephora for letting me know!)

It doesn't make me dry or oily, which is great as I have combo skin. By the end of the day I do have to blot, but it's nothing excessive. You don't need a lot, I only use one pump for most days (medium-high coverage to me). I love to dot it all over my face and then blend it in with a beauty blender for a skin like finish. It has a very slight paint smell to it which goes away when it dries down.

I really do enjoy & recommend this foundation.