Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/28/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time HG! Still haven't found anything that works or wears better that this stuff. I recently gave the new version - Double wear nude water fresh one a try. Don't be fooled, it does not wear anything at all like the original. And it's definitely not for us oily skinned girls. So back to the original I go. The packaging of course could be a bit better if they added a pump, but I got myself one from mac that fits like a glove.

on 7/26/2017 8:49:00 PM

I kind of avoided this foundation for a while for 2 reasons - 1: the person who recommended it to me had a face caked up in orange and I didn't want my makeup to look like that ... basically I was afraid it would oxidise on my skin. 2: it's for oily skin (mine is only slightly oily) and I've heard it promises a very matte powdery finish which I hate the look of. I prefer my skin to look a bit dewy and natural. Finally I went and got a sample and the first thing I'll say is I got matched absolutely perfectly which is rare for me. I took it home and tried it out, and the finish was a nice satin finish, which was slightly dewy with a finishing spray and very natural when used sparingly. It lasted for the rest of the day and I wore it to work the next day, where it lasted all day again, from 8am to 8pm when I took my makeup off, with no deterioration. You can sheer it out to almost nothing, but the coverage is great if you need it.

The only con, as everyone says, is the packaging. This is a high end foundation and should have a pump, but it doesn't. Honestly I don't know how they get away with it, especially since a pump only costs a few dollars more. If anyone knows if it's possible to buy a high quality pump which fits the thread on the opening of the bottle let me know?

So yeah a really good comfortable long wearing foundation with great neutral shades, absolutely worth the money. Just make sure you don't keep the lid off the bottle for too long.

I've already reviewed this foundation like 4x but now I'm back because I have additional comments on it (because I care about my makeup that much and I'm not ashamed of it).

Is it just me or do certain newer bottles of ELDW feel like they've been, erm... reformulated? This is hard to explain but I'll do my best. I've bought several shades over the last few months to play with because it's summer and I'm tanning. It's almost as if the the most recent stock-ups of Double Wear feel slightly more runny and have less of that cement-esque feel that I remember. Picked up a shade of 2W0 Warm Vanilla (new shade) and it felt oddly different. Ended up returning it because it was too pale and exchanged it for 2W2 Rattan which was thicker, more coverage and had the slight tacky feeling after application. Its almost as if Estee Lauder tried to do a sneaky reformulation and now the older bottles are swimming around with the new ones...

on 7/17/2017 5:38:00 AM

I've hated this product since the day that I bought it. Since the sales lady just applied the foundation on top of my make up, I saw that the appearance of it on my skin isn't very... great. But I let it go coz I knew that I have a make up on and thought it just didn't blend well with whatever I had on my face. So I bought it and went home and removed all my make up. I hated this product, I've used different primers, from Benefit, smashbox, becca and Makeup forever but none of it helped. So I thought it's because of my sunscreen, so I also tried different types of sunscreen, to the sticky type, to watery and gel type, still, it looked bad on my nose area. Like the product didn't want to stick to it and there's this separation and tiny bumps. I've also tried different moisturizers, after awhile, I gave up. The product looks great IF I don't put anything on my face but the foundation, and that is a big NO for me. So this month, I ran out of my Kiehl's serum so I've decided to buy the Advance Night Repair Serum since they have a promo. I applied the serum and my usual skincare and make up routine then used the Double Wear foundation, and GOODNESS! It looks great! I can't use this product without the ANR serum. So far it's really good and I like how it looks on my skin.

This was MY ONLY foundation in my 20's. I have combo skin, with some cosmetic acne back then, which i wanted to conceal since it has such a perfect coverage.
I was never without it eventhough there were very few colors in my country back then, and i used the "fresco" shade without it being a perfect match for me. it was kind of greyish on my skin and that was the only reason i stopped using it, while a lot of brands developed excellent foundations in matching colors.
fast forward and DW has noumerous of shades now here, mine match being 2N1. almost absolute match.
i am back now in my 50 s. i don;t need a complete coverage now, no scars at all, still combo skin. this makeup eventhough long lasting and covering, if well hydrated, gives a dewy finish, and when you use a small amound blending it well in a well hydrated skin, can be a sheer makeup for mature skin.
a real HG of all times, coming from the past (same goes for ANR).
nice bottle, but it SHOULD HAVE A PUMP EVENTUALLY, than spill it from that big hole.... this is the only con a can find.

I really like this foundation. I have oily skin and this stays in place beautifully. The coverage is really nice and it does not look heavy on the skin. It does not have a prominent scent. I am quite fair and i have the shade 2C0 cool vanilla, which is slightly too dark but it's easy to balance it out with concealer. The only downside is that the bottle does not come with a pump so you have to pour the foundation out or buy a separate pump. The bottle contains 1fl. oz. which is a pretty standard amount of product for a foundation. This foundation is also a little pricey at over 50€ (57 USD).

on 7/12/2017 12:39:00 PM

I've probably tried every high-end foundation on the market, and poured hundreds of dollars down the drain, only to keep coming back to this baby. This is truly my HG, and every time I cheat on it to try the latest and greatest thing, I learn my lesson and come crawling back. It's the only foundation that offers me full coverage without a sticky finish (looking at you, Kat Von D Lock-it foundation), keeps my oily nose in control, doesn't oxidize pink or orange on me, and most importantly, LASTS all day. I have a busy job and work long hours, often with no time to look in the mirror and touch things up. There's nothing worse than trying out a new foundation that is melting off my skin 3 hours in, without being able to fix it. This foundation, however, is a true workhorse for me and never lets me down. It's the only one I can truly rely on, and trust me, I've tried them all. And, out of all of the foundations I've ever tried (high-end and drug store) this is the only one that I've ever purchased more than once.

My only complaint about this foundation is the lack of a pump. To me, there's no reason why it's 2017 and they still haven't added a pump to this. However, I've found that the pump from my discarded smashbox studio skin (another fail) fits it perfectly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is popular and for a good reason. It really does last for 16+ hours on the skin. Once on it does not move l and stays flawless throughout the day/evening.

The shade range is amazing so finding a shade to match should not be a problem. I'd advise getting arched at the counter just because there are that many shades!!

It is a heavier coverage foundation so it's not for everyone. It is sweat proof in that I've worn in in high 30/40 degrees C temperatures and its stayed put. I've heard of people using it in the gym too. I'v never worn make up at the gym but I reckon double wear would withstand a gym class!

The only slightly negative point which lost a point from me in the packaging category is that is doesn't have a pump. It's that thick, it could probably clog up a pump. Instead I pour a little on the back of my hand or finger, dot some on my face then use a brush or damp beauty sponge to apply and blend. It is easy to go too far and pour loads out and waste it.

It is a best selling foundation for a reason though. The coverage is amazing. It is suitable or a range of skin types and shades and it does stay put all day. On dry akin types, load up on your moiaturiser as it can be a little drying. It doesn't cling to dry patches though.

I have bought this over and over again and will continue to do so until I find something better.

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

I like a full coverage with a matte finish so the Estee Lauder Double Wear is like my perfect bff. It controlled oiliness very well, 5 hours until I had the need to blot and it didn't fade until I took it off at the end of the day, even on my oiliest areas such as my t-zone. It also covered all the minor scars and hyperpigmentation very well. It gave a smooth-matte and non cakey finish.

Since I live in a humid beach area, you can imagine how impressed I am with this foundation when I wore it to the beach and it stayed throughout the day without making my face look greasy. Neither was I wearing a primer nor setting spray, I only set it with a translucent loose powder. My skin didn't get any bad reactions from this foundation. I'm happy, so does my skin.