Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP! This stuff is for REAL! It is NOT for the faint-hearted! I'm sick of people whinging that it's 'very dry' 'impossible to apply' and 'cakey' because a foundation that literally stays on for like 24 hours is always going to be a tumultuous ride if you ask me. It really is a case of trading off a little bit of your comfort for flawless looking skin for a long period of time.

I swear by this for activities including: going clubbing for 6 hours, working a 16 hour shift, going for a run ..probably a triathlon although I haven't done it.

What I'm trying to convey here is that this sh*t doesn't go anywhere, you need to apply it with a WET sponge for the best application, if you use a brush it's too thick and can become cakey. Also, you can use it very sparingly if you don't need that extreme coverage that a thicker application does provide.

It could definitely do with a pump lid rather than just a screw on one.. but if that would drive the price up then I would rather battle it out without one as it's fairly pricey. (Although there are other similar options that charge a lot more IMO)

I will continue to use this product because it means I basically never have to touch up my makeup when I'm out and about, and I don't have to worry about it (ain't nobody got time for that)

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

On my 5th bottle of this, it's my favourite. My colour is shell when I'm fair and fresco when I'm tanned. Double wear has good staying power, is sweat proof, full coverage and doesn't settle noticeable into fine lines. This contains spf 15 but in photographs it doesn't flash back. It has an almost chocolatey scent. Downside is no pump so I buy one from mac.

WARNING: This review is not going to be about the formula of this amazing foundation but rather geared at people with a skin tone like mine who are having difficulty with the vast shade selection and differentiating between the undertones.

I have fair skin with a neutral undertone with a slight tinge of yellow on the neck and chest. I was originally matched at a department store to 1W1 Bone and went along with it for awhile but then later realized it was too yellow for me. This shade is a little disproportionate in my opinion because it's super yellow for how pale it is. Tried pretty much every other shade and some were better than others. 1C1 Cool Bone is fair but has a peachy orange undertone that I hated, 1N1 Ivory nude is a lovely creamy shade but a little *too* pale, 1N2 Ecru is an interesting shade that looks great on some days but weird on others, 2N1 Desert Beige is a unique shade that would look beautiful on somebody who has light skin with olive undertones etc.
Recently Estee Lauder released a couple new random shades so I decided to try 2W0 Warm Vanilla aaaaaand... it's perfect! It's actually less yellow than Bone. It's a really pretty shade for us girls that are pale skinned but with only slight yellow undertones. So I would concur that the numbering system is a little out of sync. It would probably be best to sample several shades before making the purchase of this foundation.

P.S If I am fake tanning I use (or mix) 3W1 Tawny because its such a beautiful olive tanned shade that doesn't look orange and complements the tan.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. I have dark skin with different shades of brown and I find that this foundation from Estee Lauder covers my face up perfectly! I also have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin and I never have any problems using this foundation. I've tried other brands and even tried make-up specifically for "acne-prone" skin and have had problems with them.

I also love it because they offer dark shade that blends my face smoothly without leaving a white, ashy, or redish tone like other made-up. You know which ones I'm taking about...

It is expensive, but it's so worth it! Plus if I think about the amount of foundations I use to buy in search of the "right" one, this is cheaper for sure.

Oh, p.s. did I mention that it stay on for the whole day? And it doesn't rub off on your clothes?

Love it. Nice consistency a little goes a long way. Hate the packaging would prefer a squirty bottle but its still a great product. Considering I use it everyday its a little expensive but a great product.

on 5/4/2017 4:58:00 PM

For the days where I need extra coverage, Estée Lauder DW is definitely my HG foundation! I don't know why it took me so long to try this even after so many rave reviews about it. I find one coat is all I need otherwise I'd look too cakey. It is amazing in my skin and doesn't break me out. Overall great stuff :-)

on 5/1/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my HG foundation for sure! No matter how much I try other foundations I keep finding myself missing this one ! Best staying power out of any foundation I've ever tried and best coverage. I love it. It's full coverage and glam looking. So it will look like you have foundation on but it will look like you have FLAWLESS gorgeous foundation on. I love it so much I was hooked ever since I tried it almost 2 years ago. I repurchase it instantly every time it runs out