Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

on 8/12/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly terrible for my skin, one wear and i broke out SO bad. I bought this because it said non-comedogenic hoping it wouldn't clog my pores, i don't know if it did or didn't do that. But upon removing it i had red pimples all under my skin, and right after i had just cleared it up too :(. I also didn't build it up very much for the sake of letting my skin breathe, now i'm glad i didn't build it up.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

Estee Lauder Doublewear has got to be one of the most over rated foundations! Reviews online and all my friends raved about this foundation so I gave into all the hype.

The first problem with this foundation is the colour range. I was matched with Ivory Nude which I'm pretty sure is one of the lightest shades however it was a weird orange/yellow shade on my skin. I have no idea who has this shade of skin tone?

The second issue is that it has the worst texture I have ever seen. I have young, line free combination skin that is rectified with a good moisturiser however this foundation makes my skin look extremely dehydrated, shows fine lines I don't even have and makes my pores look HUGE.No matter if I use a buffing brush, foundation brush or damp sponge, it looks thick, powdery and cakey. From far away, it may look okay but close up it looks disgusting.

I always know when somebody is wearing this foundation because it is so thick and cakey.

The only positives I can think of is that it definitely is long lasting! I need to double cleanse to get this stuff off my face and thankfully it doesn't irritate or break my skin out.

Overall, a very disappointing foundation that doesn't work with my skin at all! It makes me look awful, really cheap and nasty looking. I expected so much more. Maybe it works best for really oily skin?

If you desperately want to try this foundation, I would recommend getting a sample as it is quite pricey. Needless to say, I'm still on the hunt for my HG foundation.

So overhyped.
This foundation is absolutely horrible.
It is cakey. It shows ALL of your pores. It's too yellowy. The bottle is horrible. The price is ridiculous.
Just a mess.
I have tried every different way of applying this foundation and different primers underneath to see if I'm just doing it wrong, but no.
I have no idea why people like this. Maybe the formula is different? But I would highly recommend NOT buying this. Revlon Colorstay is a MUCH better alternative for a reasonable price.
Extremely disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

horrible cakey makeup. stay away if you got dry skin because it makes your skin look like Sahara desert!

I don't like this foundation since it feels so heavy on my skin.

I like full cover foundations, but this one is not a good one for me.

Also if you try to apply more layers, it creates patches in the application, which i never have with other foundations!

and there is no pump on the bottle, which kind of sucks.

on 11/30/2015 1:08:00 AM

I might have gotten a bad batch, but I really expected more out of this foundation.
I have dry skin with acne, hyper pigmentation, and scarring which is a lot to ask a foundation to cover, but I have found some good ones. (Kat von D, Infallible, ect)
This was thin, watery, with little coverage. I used my beloved primer before application as I always do, applied with a brush and BB on one side, and stippling on the other, and both sides looked awful. It went on super streaky and I could not blend it out!
I ended up taking it off completely because I just gave up trying to make this work.
Would not buy again. Total Dud for me.