Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

on 2/22/2018 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just watch another demo of this foundation, so I pulled it out of the box and retried it with Tarte primer. I do not like this!! this is the cakey, settles is pores and wrinkles and dries to a weird finish that looks dry, powdery and more cakey. I have tried this multiple times with numerous primers and numerous application techniques and the results are always the same. Very unflattering to mature skin. Reminds me of house paint. I had to take it off and start over, which is time consuming. This time I put it in the trash so I will not be tempted to try to make this work. 5 times is enough

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

For the price of this stuff I wasn't impressed at all..Color was too light for me (i tried the 2C3 and am fair skinned) but that was more of my problem..dissapointed

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

on 11/17/2017 7:01:00 AM

Sad to say that in a nutshell...the worst foundation for my skin.
I wish I could say it didn’t break me out but omg I had the worst acne breakout since I was 18. Comedones, whiteheads, acne cosmetica all over forehead, cystic acne. The works. I am very careful with my skincare and getting every scrap of makeup off my skin at night so I don’t breakout, but this stuff must have been welded on in my pores still and I didn’t realise. I wish I knew how other people with acne prone skin got on so well with it and how they removed it.
Also, within a couple of hours it oxidised.
It was very cakey which just accentuated the flaws, dry patches and bumps.
Photos look like your a ghost due to flashback.
Sad it didn’t work for me as it seems to work well for so many others.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

I decided to buy this high-end product thinking that it was going to be of good quality and safe for sensitive skin. I was wrong. This product broke me out so badly. :-( I'm gonna switch back to MAC for now until I discover my holy grail foundation.

on 8/12/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly terrible for my skin, one wear and i broke out SO bad. I bought this because it said non-comedogenic hoping it wouldn't clog my pores, i don't know if it did or didn't do that. But upon removing it i had red pimples all under my skin, and right after i had just cleared it up too :(. I also didn't build it up very much for the sake of letting my skin breathe, now i'm glad i didn't build it up.