Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/19/2017 1:43:00 PM

I got the shade honey bronze which is a nice honey shade if you want a nice tanned look, in terms of the actual foundation it is horrendous, starts of with a medium coverage but can very built up but still not amazing coverage, i like the finish it's a satin finish not a powder finish last looks smooth and healthy.
This foundation settles on my own pores and clings to my dry patches and I'm oily so I don't would stay away if your dry or ensure your skin is well prepped!
Packaging is annoying no pump hard to control how much product to dispense, considering the price and the super liquid formula Estée Lauder should have includes a pump??

on 4/4/2017 8:02:00 PM

I wish I had something nice to say about this foundation, but unfortunately I don't. After hearing many great reviews, I thought this foundation would live up to it's expectations, but this was not the case.
Firstly, I got colour matched at an Esteé Lauder counter and while the foundation seemed to be a good match (Cool Bone) after a few hours of wearing, this foundation turns a horrid shade of orange on me and no amount of blending can hide the fact even the most the most pale foundation colour in the Double Wear range for my NC10 skin is far too orange.
Secondly, the formula is too thick. It has the consistency and smell of paint. Since the bottle does not have a pump you have to pour it onto the back of your hand which often results in pouring too much due to the poor functionality of the bottle and wasting a lot of product. Since this product is thick as paint you have to work quickly. If the foundation sits too long it WILL set.
Thirdly, rather than covering imperfections, this foundation will accentuate them! I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray and I have tested this foundation with and without some of those products to see what was causing the problem and it all still fell back on the foundation. I have also tried applying this foundation with a sponge, stippling brush, flat foundation brush, buffing brush and fingers and I still end up getting the same crappy result. Even straight after applying this foundation looks horrid. Rather than covering pores, this foundation will set around them making them look even more prominent. I'm only 18 and don't have any wrinkles yet, however this foundation settles in to fine lines and wrinkles I didn't even know I had! So if you would like to look 10 years older, I would recommend this foundation. This foundation is meant to be high coverage? It doesn't even cover pimples or dark circles, leaving me to have to purchase more high end products to try and cover them. Like most women, I have fine hairs on my face, this foundation clings to these fine hairs and makes me look like I have a furry face. Not a pretty look even after trying to blend it out!
Lastly, this foundation does not live up to it's "Stay-in-Place" claim. Even after 1.5 hour of wearing this foundation it will be patchy and flaking off my forehead and nose yet also make my combination skin turn into an oil slick? This foundation surprises me as it manages to be patchy, cakey AND make skin turn oily and shiny. Even using primer and moisturiser this foundation will leave your face looking like a choc chip cookie. I'm very thoughtful about not touching my nose while wearing makeup, however even after 1.5 hours of working this foundation it flakes off leaving me with a pale nose in comparison to the rest of my stark orange face. My forehead seems to bare the worst of this foundation as it flakes off turns cakey around eyebrows, nose and chin.
If there is anything to take away from this review, please do not purchase this product unless you enjoy wasting money on products that do the opposite of what they are supposed to. I wish I had something positive to say about this foundation, but unfortunately I don't. I keep using this product in hopes of one day achieving the flawless results everyone else raves about, and I also don't want to let my $50AUD go to waste however the poor design of the bottle does that for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this makeup because the girl at counter told me it is the best for oily skin. She even gave me samples for some hydrating oil absorbing cream to go under it. Well It's worse than my cheap makeup it doesn't blend, shows all my pores and I was oily in a half hour! Awful I am bringing it back. For 42 dollars US, it should at LEAST not look cakey.I am returning it.

on 3/7/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have combination skin that is prone to breakouts. I bought this foundation based on all the great reviews. Unfortunately, it didn't go on evenly and believe me, I tried it on clean skin, on moisturiser and on primer. It was impossible to blend and the end result looked cakey and uneven. It just didn't work for me, IDK why :( Plus, after having tried it for a couple of days it seemed to dry out my skin.
I will stick to Lancome TIU and Clinique BB cream.

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

Estee Lauder Doublewear has got to be one of the most over rated foundations! Reviews online and all my friends raved about this foundation so I gave into all the hype.

The first problem with this foundation is the colour range. I was matched with Ivory Nude which I'm pretty sure is one of the lightest shades however it was a weird orange/yellow shade on my skin. I have no idea who has this shade of skin tone?

The second issue is that it has the worst texture I have ever seen. I have young, line free combination skin that is rectified with a good moisturiser however this foundation makes my skin look extremely dehydrated, shows fine lines I don't even have and makes my pores look HUGE.No matter if I use a buffing brush, foundation brush or damp sponge, it looks thick, powdery and cakey. From far away, it may look okay but close up it looks disgusting.

I always know when somebody is wearing this foundation because it is so thick and cakey.

The only positives I can think of is that it definitely is long lasting! I need to double cleanse to get this stuff off my face and thankfully it doesn't irritate or break my skin out.

Overall, a very disappointing foundation that doesn't work with my skin at all! It makes me look awful, really cheap and nasty looking. I expected so much more. Maybe it works best for really oily skin?

If you desperately want to try this foundation, I would recommend getting a sample as it is quite pricey. Needless to say, I'm still on the hunt for my HG foundation.

on 10/22/2016 1:26:00 PM

Firstly I should state I have extremely Dry skin. I am also the wrong side of 30. These two things combined means that this foundation hates my skin!

It is soooo drying. It clung to patches regardless of how moisturised my skin was beforehand. I use good moisturisers and primers as I believe a foundation is only as good as the base you are putting it on.

It sunk into fine lines and emphasised them. I looked a lot better before I put it on!

The staying power is good. It stayed like that all day (mores the pitty)

This would be a good foundation for a more youthful skin that possibly verges on oily.

However if like me you are beginning the downward spiral of getting older and have a more dryer skin type you need to avoid this foundation!

on 8/15/2016 9:54:00 PM

worst foundation ever for dry skin........sucks the life outta skin