Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

Estee Lauder Doublewear has got to be one of the most over rated foundations! Reviews online and all my friends raved about this foundation so I gave into all the hype.

The first problem with this foundation is the colour range. I was matched with Ivory Nude which I'm pretty sure is one of the lightest shades however it was a weird orange/yellow shade on my skin. I have no idea who has this shade of skin tone?

The second issue is that it has the worst texture I have ever seen. I have young, line free combination skin that is rectified with a good moisturiser however this foundation makes my skin look extremely dehydrated, shows fine lines I don't even have and makes my pores look HUGE.No matter if I use a buffing brush, foundation brush or damp sponge, it looks thick, powdery and cakey. From far away, it may look okay but close up it looks disgusting.

I always know when somebody is wearing this foundation because it is so thick and cakey.

The only positives I can think of is that it definitely is long lasting! I need to double cleanse to get this stuff off my face and thankfully it doesn't irritate or break my skin out.

Overall, a very disappointing foundation that doesn't work with my skin at all! It makes me look awful, really cheap and nasty looking. I expected so much more. Maybe it works best for really oily skin?

If you desperately want to try this foundation, I would recommend getting a sample as it is quite pricey. Needless to say, I'm still on the hunt for my HG foundation.

on 10/22/2016 1:26:00 PM

Firstly I should state I have extremely Dry skin. I am also the wrong side of 30. These two things combined means that this foundation hates my skin!

It is soooo drying. It clung to patches regardless of how moisturised my skin was beforehand. I use good moisturisers and primers as I believe a foundation is only as good as the base you are putting it on.

It sunk into fine lines and emphasised them. I looked a lot better before I put it on!

The staying power is good. It stayed like that all day (mores the pitty)

This would be a good foundation for a more youthful skin that possibly verges on oily.

However if like me you are beginning the downward spiral of getting older and have a more dryer skin type you need to avoid this foundation!

on 8/15/2016 9:54:00 PM

worst foundation ever for dry skin........sucks the life outta skin

To be fair this is a great foundation. It has excellent coverage and truly lasts all day. Ecru is a god match for my nc20 skin. However this broke me out badly. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my skin and I was under the assumption makeup doesn't break you out if you remove it properly. I switched to mineral makeup about a week and a half ago and my skin stopped breaking out and my existing breakouts cleared up. This is also expensive and should come with a pump. Do not use if you're acne prone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

if your a fan of a "Wow! I'm wearing a foundation" then, you might like this. Everything that i hate about a foundation is in this product! I had this for more than a year but every time i use it, its always a disappointment! It looks way too heavy as in like "i'm wearing a mask!" the consistency is way too thick and on top of that, it looks devastatingly cakey! It feels like you have a layer of cement in your face! I tried every possible way to apply it, with brush, beauty blender and whatnot. I even changed my primers and moisturizer to make it work but its an epic fail! Did I mention it also sinks into pores??! Staying power is not good at all as it doesn't last more than 6hrs.I cant decipher what the hype this product is all about! Maybe its just me, but this is the worst foundation i have ever tried! I have oily skin, tried it with or without setting powder but didn't help anything at all. Not worth the money! If you like a natural skin like finish, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! You have been warned!

So overhyped.
This foundation is absolutely horrible.
It is cakey. It shows ALL of your pores. It's too yellowy. The bottle is horrible. The price is ridiculous.
Just a mess.
I have tried every different way of applying this foundation and different primers underneath to see if I'm just doing it wrong, but no.
I have no idea why people like this. Maybe the formula is different? But I would highly recommend NOT buying this. Revlon Colorstay is a MUCH better alternative for a reasonable price.
Extremely disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

horrible cakey makeup. stay away if you got dry skin because it makes your skin look like Sahara desert!