Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

on 1/9/2019 8:58:00 PM

Holy grail foundation! I love the consistency/coverage and shade range! I am very pale, so shell works well for me. Also does not melt and lasts a full day of wearing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so this is my favourite foundation of all times and let me tell you why. I'll start with the cons so you can see how much the pros outweigh it.
However, there goes a short version of the review for those in a hurry: I love this foundation. It's a bit thick but easy to work with a brush (stippling, oval or beautyblender), medium to full coverage without looking heavy or cakey. Doesn't get oily through the day and it stays all day long, even in hot and humid places like Brazil. Transfers very very little in oily skin (my friends with dry skin swear that it doesn't transfer at all) It's a bit pricey and the packaging without a pump or something makes you waste a considerable amount of product.

Cons:
It's not a cheap foundation, although I don't find it so expensive. As a matter of fact I paid 24 euros for it at a Douglas promotion (usually is around 40 euros) in Spain (while travelling , I'm from Brazil) so it was totally worth the price.
The packaging is the lowest point to it. It actually outrages me that it doesn't come with a pump but you can ~buy one separately for 10 dollars~. This is so Appleish.
I usually use a flat small brush (initially conceived for applying concealer) to take it out of the package and then use a larger stippling or oval brush (I like the last one more) to spread it. I read that some people can only use this foundation with a wet Beauty Blender but that isn't the case for me - I only use a wet sponge if I want to give it a perfect finish. I can see that there is a considerable waste of product with this method, so this is a con.
Lastly and sadly, Estee Lauder left Brazil (I am never going to forgive you). I have to buy lots of it when I travel or ask friends that are abroad to bring it to me, which works but it's very unconvenient. None of the packages that I bought looked like they oxidized though, which is a pro.

Pros:
My skin is oily (mostly in the T zone) and has suffered with acne during my teenage years, so I have a few scars (only visible when me face is in the sun). Also I have rosacea and dermatitis, so my skin tends to have red spots and get a bit flaky and dry during sometimes in the places outside the T zone (cheeks and jaw line).
I live in a very hot and humid place (Rio the Janeiro - Brazil) and this makes things even worse because everything melts during the day.
Having said this I have to say that this is a GREAT foundation.
The color 2C3 Fresco is almost a perfect match to my skin tone (I have fair to medium skin tone and neutral undertone). The consistency of the product is a bit thick but it goes on the skin smoothly with a brush. It dries fast but not fast enough so that you can't work it.
The coverage is medium and you can build it to a full coverage. I don't think you can reach a light coverage with it. Although the coverage is medium, it doesn't look heavy on your skin. It also doesn't get flaky or cracked or cakey during the day (I had problems with a few foundations that looked like they dried up my skin and revealed lines that I don't even have). This looks very smooth, as if you have a naturally very good skin.
And now let me tell you this: IT STAYS. YOU CAN RUN A MARATHON AND THIS FOUNDATION WILL BE THERE FOR YOU! As I said, I live in a very (VERY - it is currently 39 celsius degrees around here) hot and humid place. I take a bus and the subway to get to work and I can feel that I am sweating in my face. However, when I arrive at work my face still looks fresh and the coverage is still very good.
This foundation barely transfers (of course if you rub a napkin on your face it will come off a bit, especially after sweating so much - but come on, for those wondering if their soul is melting inside one's body, a bit of transfering is a big win). I usually have a big problem with foreign make up because they are not made for tropical weather (hello Lancôme this is for you).

This foundation was a great surprise and I am completely in love with it. I use it on a daily basis and also to go out at night - it is super versatile for me. I believe that for those living in colder and drier places it works perfectly as a night foundation. I will definitely continue to use it!

on 12/28/2018 3:38:00 PM

I finally tried this foundation after hearing about how great it is for years. Of course I apparently chose the wrong time - they changed the formula! I use CosDna as an ingredient lookup for anything and everything that goes on my face. It's how I check if something will break me out or not (and it's always been right!), so I accidentally looked at their old formula when checking it out, which has a clean record! I picked some up yesterday, looked at some reviews on here last night, and saw that it has a bunch of "bad breakout" ratings recently, so I decided to revisit the ingredients, and there we go, they changed the formula. Too bad, I really like it. I'm wearing it today and I do already have some small bumps on my face....wow. If your skin isn't sensitive then it's a semi-matte, full coverage foundation that has held up around 9 hours and counting without fading or getting oily, though my nose feels a bit dry.

on 12/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

packaging is fancy but for the price& how high end this is, the fact that it does not come with a pump- sucks.
this is an great foundation but you really can't use too much of it. fades nicely at the end of the day if you're oily, but even then it's kind of glowy. it's not fantastic but it's okay. not worth the steep price. you can find better foundations.

I've re-purchased Double Wear 3 times now and I do still love it! I wear this mostly as a weekend/going on a night out foundation. I have combination to oily skin. The coverage for me is full coverage, however I still use powder around my T-zone. I got colour matched in store, and it is the perfect match for me. I am fairly light, I am in the shade Ecru. The downsides, it doesn't have a pump and it does dry fast, so blend fast! But would definitely recommend.

on 10/28/2018 3:21:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation when I first bought it. It smoothed out my skin like nothing else. It hid my acne and was full coverage but also didn't look cakey. My favourite part was that it stayed on all day. I'm a student, so I don't have much money to spend on makeup. I thought this was my HG foundation, but after a while I noticed that it made my skin look so dry. It would be perfect once applied, but then throughout the day it would sink into my skin (even when using primer) and make my skin look awful. I'm 24, but I had lines all over my face like I had never seen before. I looked like I was about 70. After 6 hours I would look super unhealthy and like my skin was very dry, when it actually isn't. I tried using different moisturisers, primers, etc underneath but unfortunately nothing worked. I stopped using it and will not be rebuying. Perhaps it may work well for people in warm climates, but it didn't work well for me in the UK. I have also spoken to friends who have experienced a similar issue... strangely, we all found that it was great in the beginning and drying/creasing problem developed later

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need.

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!