Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)