Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

I bought this a year ago and the lady in the shop completly got my colour wrong so I ended up accidently buying a darker shade than my face, which has definetly stopped me from using it frequently. I find that this is good quality, it does stay on, but it isn't exactly full coverage. One of my friends tried this on and she completly fell in love with it. I don't think I will repurchase this because of the price and the middle coverage but my friend was pretty impressed.

on 3/15/2013 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I use the shade honey bronze, I am a mac nc40. I have tried many foundations but I always come back to this one. It lasts most of the day on my oily skin. It gives me a flawless matte look. The big plus is that it does not make me break out which is a problem I have with other foundations. I just wish it had a pump. I put it on the back of my hand first to warm up the product. Then I use use the e.l.f. powder brush to pat it on my face then blend it out. Sometimes I use my fingers and it gives me a flawless finish as well. If you like full coverage makeup you need to try this foundation. It covers all of my blemishes and dark circles. I don't have to use concealer with it.

on 3/18/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is sooo amazing. I was debating whether to get MAC Studio Fix Fluid or Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm so glad I decided to get this foundation. It's not as 'heavy' as people say it is, definitely not as heavy as MAC. I recommend if you have dry skin to put moisturizer on before because it does enhance dry spots. Otherwise, It's amazing! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I used to love this product!!! However, they recently reformulated it and everything changed. Colors are now too yellow (I used to wear Sand). In addition, the foundation dries up very fast so now it is very difficult to work with if you want to blend or build coverage.

It used to be an amazing product and now it is not!

on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM

I have always played around with different foundations, from expensive to cheap but never really found anything that properly suited my skin and colour. I used Clarins Everlasting foundation for quite a long time, but i found it wasnt right for me. I was recommended Double Wear by a friend who suffered from blemished skin like myself so thought I would give it a try and my god i will never go back to anything else! This foundation works wonders, especially as i like heavy coverage, but it does give you the option to build it up. It has great oil control and i dont find i get oily and lose my foundation as the day goes on. It hides almost all my facial flaws and stays on all day! My only dislikes are the packaging. its quite hard to get the remains when you are running low out of the bottle! Favourite foundation :)

on 3/30/2013 9:33:00 AM

Absolutely love this. Defo my staple product. No foundation stays on me except this one and I feel it gives a beautiful finish, doesn't need powder although I use it for longer wear. Only fault is colour, i use mac nc25 and i've tried tawny and sand and neither were exactly my colour. I use tawny in the more summer months but its still not a perfect match. Use a mac pump with it cause it is awkward packaging! No other faults however. Recommend highly!!!!

on 4/19/2013 1:34:00 AM

Can someone please message me if this oxidize? Ive been using kat von d and it makes my skin a lil peachy and it bugs me a lil, besides the long lasting power isnt so grate.... Does this product last long? Would my acne scars peak through? I have combination skin. And ive been interested in this lately. Please msg me and let me know..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my foundation. I have been sampling different shades for about a month now and last week I took the plunge and bought DW in Ivory Nude during Sephora's chic week sale. When I first went in to get a sample I was given two different shades, both of which were darker than my actual skin tone but two weeks ago I went and picked up a lighter shade that I guessed was my shade and I got lucky. I have been on a foundation hunt for about two years now and I think this is the foundation that I will stick with. I have tried many many other kinds of foundation and this one lasts the longest and doesn't irritate my skin. I have acne prone skin, which has been very spotty for the past few months but is finally calming down now. I love how long it lasts and how I can use my beauty blender to smooth it out so it looks like skin. I can get some dry patches on my face and this foundation does cling to dry skin but nothing is perfect. I definitely recommend it to my fellow oily and acne prone girls but I would steer clear if you are dry skinned. Yes it is pretty pricey but I am willing to put more money towards my foundation than other products. Since most products at Sephora are around the $30 range anyways its not much more of a leap to purchase this foundation. Will hopefully continue in my honeymoon phase with this foundation.

on 4/25/2013 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So this foundation is AMAZING. If I capitalize its because I mean it! I have used Colorstay which was definitely OK i liked the coverage super cheap and it worked. Problem is it wouldnt cover my pores that great and redness was barely covered and soon peaked through. So I decided to try Makwup forever HD since my sister told me it was supposed to be this awesome foundation, cost me around $ 50 hated it...Super greasy, watery, no stay no where near the coverage I needed and it cost a fortune. (dont make my mistake take a sample first!) So i decided to look for another foundation I came across this one and it seemed like a lot of people really liked it and said great things about the coverage. I like HEAVY coverage that is stay put all day since I have oily and acne prone skin. When I put this is on it was a bit heavier but omg does it cover imperfections! It hides red so great ! and acne too! It hides my large pores and makes my face look even and so smooth. I love it , i love it ! Its not too expensive either around $36 totally worth it though. I love that this foundation doesnt need touch up for my 9 hour work days and if you do touch it beleive me it will be minimal. This is really good if you like full coverage and need pores, redness, acne and uneven skin tone covered up its awesome.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Double Wear has been my go to foundation for a few years now. It has been the only foundation that I can rely on for my very oily t-zone. Despite the recent reformulation, I still love it and still consider it my holy grail foundation! I think I may even like it better now!! It is so much easier to work with because the consistency isn't as thick and I think it gives me skin a more natural look because it looks like MY skin, but better. The coverage is a tiiiny bit less than before but it is buildable. I know this foundation has a cult like following but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Go to your EL counter and ask for a sample and try it out for yourself. You may just love it as much as I do.