71%

$43.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

I’ve been using this consistently for about a year. I wear tested lots and lots of foundation last February to find one that would last the duration of my wedding day. I have oily skin and makeup tends to slide off or be an orange, greasy oxidised mess within hours. I tried Sisley, YSL, Dior, Kat Von Dee alongside this makeup and it won hands down. It applies really well leaving me with a satin finish, not matte but definitely not dewy. I am a bit hyperpigmentation on the forehead and around the mouth area so I have to use two different shades (Sandalwood and Rich Caramel). This works really well for me much better than trying to find one shade to perfect two very different coloured areas. The makeup consultant thought I was mental when I applied the colours to two different areas and blended them towards each other but was shocked at the lovely result! Anyway this stuff is great. I tried using it with Urban Decay’s All Night Long fixant but this isn’t a good idea because the fixant causes the foundation to change colour. It goes a little red and muddy. Besides I learned that this makeup lasts twelve hours or more just using a little of the Doublewear Stay In Place Powder Makeup to set it. No complaints. Yes it’s a little pricey but it works and I feel happier with my foundation application and free to concentrate on other areas of makeup and skincare/ health. I wish this had a pump.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

The foundation looks great with one layer and stays put all day long. It does look like you are wearing foundation but there is no creasing under the eyes or emphasising lines or pores. This is a great foundation for work when you don’t want to be thinking about your makeup melting or moving on your skin. You can put a Bobbi brown or mac pump on it . I would definitely buy again.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3.0

a year ago

As much as I want to like this foundation, it's just not for me. It just makes me look dull and cakey, and I don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a pump. There are plenty of other matte, full coverage foundations that can still work on my dry skin, but this ain't one of them. Issa no from me.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

2.0

a year ago

Not for dry skin. No matter how much i moisturized and primed, or applied so lighlty with a damp beauty blender, it didn't do well on my super dry skin. Looked cakey and messy. I wore this years back for my brother's wedding and it looked amazing in pictures (with a ton of other products on I might add) but up close it was overly obvious I was wearing this foundation.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

This has been my everyday foundation for the past five years. It’s amazing applied with Mario Badescu facial spray on top.it takes away from the heaviness. This is a full coverage foundation but one of the best on the market.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBrown

from

a year ago

Probably the most perfect foundation ever formulated if you want superior coverage, incredible tenacity, and an absolutely beautiful finish.Right now, in winter with no color from sun at all in my skin, I’m using 3W1 Tawny. Even if I miss a spot near my ears or something like that, this is imperceptible! It does not fall into lines or pores. I think it makes me look 15 years younger! I love my skin when this is on it. I need it for my whole body! I like being able to put on makeup and not think about it again till it’s time to wash my face. If you want foundation that stays put and looks beautiful, this is the best of the best.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

a year ago

I had this sitting in my cupboard ignoring it for ages then was hearing some great things about it and realised that I had been putting it on all wrong - as in too much. It looked and felt cakey until I halved the amount I was using and then it was fabulous. It does exactly what it says on the bottle - it stays in place even in brutal humidity. It covers redness really well, seems to go on better without primer and no setting powder required either. Its just great on its own. Only downside is the lack of a pump thing. Got the pump thing and this is by far my HG. Got a long tough day ahead and this is what I choose. No questions.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Amazing coverage, amazing colour (majority of other foundations are too muddy for me, because I have a pale skin with yellow undertone) and one bottle lasts me for about 6 months, because little goes a long way. Only think I'd change is the packaging that's lacking some pump, but I bought some random pump of of Ebay, so I'm reusing that :-)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

A super-helpful SA at Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, London - UK told me this is the UK's best-selling foundation and it was precisely at that point I decided I just had to try it for myself! She tried a few different shades on me and in the end settled on giving me a sample of this in 3W1.5 (Fawn). I applied it eagerly the next morning in place of my CC cream. Well...it stayed put throughout the day. By the time I got back in that evening it was 9pm and other than a touch of shine on my t-zone (nothing that a few blotting papers couldn't sort out) I was happy to see the foundation hadn't settled into my pores or accentuated any fine lines.  The coverage is buildable and somewhere in the 'medium' category. It didn't transfer onto any of the many clothes I tried on whilst out shopping and if it had an SPF higher than 10 this would be amongst one of my favorite foundations. I did find the tone slightly light for my skin tone with a noticeable beige undertone, however it wasn't too far off and if given more time I'm sure the SA would have been able to find a precise match for me.  To put it to the test I kept what was left in my sample tube and tried it for a day in the real deal (Miami in mid-summer). Again it did not budge or transfer. The shine did increase - and not just nose, but the rest of my face too. But to be fair it wasn't a huge issue and I've yet to find a foundation that isn't gong to do that when the heat and humidity is turned up to full blast! So far I'm impressed! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

This product does exactly what it is advertised to do, it wears beautifully all day long, provides full coverage, and keeps your skin looking matte. I’ve used it for 6 months and loved the texture and how it made my overall skin look. HOWEVER, I have sensitive acne prone skin, I found that none of my cleansers (Philosophy, Clinique, Dermalogica) would completely remove it even with double washing. You pretty much have to scrub it off and my sensitive skin cannot exfoliate that much. This led to more breakouts over time with blackheads, little bumps everywhere, and some cystic acne. On a whim I switched to a drug store makeup made for sensitive skin and I cleared up completely. This product is great as far as durability goes, and looks stunning on even for oily skin people, but it’s long lasting properties were just too strong for what my skin needs.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24