71%

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

So I've always really liked this foundation and would always take samples of it from the department store I worked at. I'm NC15/NW13 and I loved the shade Ivory Nude even though it was maybe a hint too dark in the winter. This foundation gives excellent coverage that LASTS all day and doesn't move. It did not separate or crease especially around my chin or nose and always performed solidly, especially in the hot summer months. For reference I have oily combination skin. Recently I was on the Ulta website and saw this now comes in a lighter shade that is an online exclusive, 0N1 Alabaster. So I was really excited and ordered a full bottle without seeing the shade in person. I received it in the mail and tried it on. This was actually a little too light for me, but that's okay because a lot of times foundations tend to oxidize a bit and when you are on the paler side, this is more noticeable, so no big deal. I applied this as I normally would, using the Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Drench moisturizer and set with MAC Mineralize Natural Powder in Light and then went about my day. When I got home I was HORRIFIED as I looked in the mirror and realized this was sitting in every pore and looked cakey and awful. So I am assuming they did something or changed the formula for this foundation recently. I tried this over a Smashbox primer another day and it didn't end up looking as bad in the first time but was still sitting in my pores. Sadly, since I had already tossed the box and receipt in my excitement I am stuck with it. I'm not happy and I don't know what they did to the formula, but this is not the Double Wear that I used to love.

About reviewer (321 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

3.0

a year ago

I heard great things about this foundation but it really disappointed me!! Yeah, it did a great job of coverage, it lasted well and didn't show much wear, the colour is beautiful, almost perfect for me (2W2) and the SPF is a nice bonus though it's a bit useless being only 10 SPF but after many uses with it I ended my use with it after showing so many disappointments. It would cling to dry spots on my cheeks (a little on the dry side), nose and forehead; I never knew I had dry spots on my OILY T-ZONE until this product and this would occur with every solution I tried to come up with (blender, foundation brush, moisturising, primer). It's also sooo dumb that you have to buy a freaking pump which is far from cheap and also the pump is quite terrible, staining foundation on the packaging is hell for me and the pump does a terrible job of keeping from that happening, and unscrewing the pump and re-screwing makes it off center which drives my neat-freak tendencies insane, but to end on a good note I think the packaging looks divine, very regal and the tinted glass is very chic; probably one of the best packaging for a foundation I've seen.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

Okay this is a HG foundation for me! It took me forever to try it out after everyone and their mother raved about it, and let me tell you, they were not kidding! It makes my pores disappear and blends beautifully into my skin. I've battled cystic acne in my 20's and 30's, and while the visible breakouts cleared up long ago, trying to restore the skin that I once had is still an uphill battle. So, imagine my surprise when a guest at a friend's bday party said my skin was beautiful! I thought she was referring to someone else, but when I stopped into the ladies room that night, I could see how smooth and creamy my complexion appeared. It definitely looked as though I had a filter on my skin. I owe it all to this "enhancing" foundation. Doesn't budge, lasts forever and it's very hard for me to desire another foundation after falling in love with this one. I wear shade 5W2 Rich Caramel and I hope they never discontinue it.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

Best foundation ever. I have tried soo soo many! I have oily, acne prone rosacea skin. So i need something gentle, covering and durable. It also needs to not break me out. This is truly one of very few that holds up to all of it. I love that i don´t have to check my face all the time, i can trust that i stays where it should. Since they released the lightest shade in my country this is truly my HG.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

a year ago

Did nothing to my skin but exaggerate dry patches, bad coverage, very liquid, definitely won’t buy it again. I only bought it after seeing one of my fav beauty bloggers speak so fondly of it. I will know better from now on. Save your money.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

One of my favorite foundations, except for the bottle. You have to buy the pump extra and it's another $10. You can get a dupe that fits the bottle on amazon and it's much cheaper. This stuff stays in place for hours and you have to spend some time getting it all off at the end of the day. Depending on time of year, I have to mix two shades to get the color I want and I mix them on an artist palette. When I mix, say, covergirl or any other foundation, it comes off the palette easily with a makeup wipe. When I mix Double Wear, I practically need Comet cleaner and a brillo pad to get it off. Because of this realization, I do a triple cleanse to get it off at night. Also, in winter I have very dry skin. I wouldn't be able to use Double Wear if I wasn't meticulous with all my moisturizers. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Medium

a year ago

My favourite all time foundation, and I’ve tried them all practically. It stays put all day, I’m up at 6 and don’t take my make up off until bedtime and Its literally still on til I take it off, doesn’t settle in creases, I think the coverage is good. It’s pricey but for me it’s worth spending the money on it because nothing comes close. As for everyone saying about no pump, I use an eyeshadow brush to get it out instead of pouring it out

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

Love this foundation! I thought about buying it for so many years but couldn't bring myself to pay $72 NZD (everything in New Zealand is so expensive) so I tried a sample and straight away fell in love with it. It lasts all day, looks really natural if you only apply a thin layer, and is easy to build up to a full coverage. I will always have this for when I have events to go to and want my makeup to last. Would be great if it came with a pump though :)

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

from

a year ago

I have my ups and downs with this one, it only works well when my skin is ''good'' aka no pimples and dry patches. It really does not work well when my skin gets dry. Also, after a few hours it starts to crack and look bad, therefore I only use when I'm only leaving the house for a few hours. Minus points for packaging - requires purchasing a pump.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

1.0

a year ago

Not Good anymore! The new formula causes acne!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43