71%

$43.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

There are some things I don’t love about this foundation, but for someone with dark acne scars like me who is looking for a full coverage foundation that stays all day and doesn’t transfer, this is the best. At first I hated it - I applied with a kabuki brush and it wouldn’t blend and was very mask-like. When I applied it with a damp beauty blender, it transformed into the foundation everyone touts it to be. It is full coverage but I still have to use Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer to cover up acne scars completely and undereye circles. I wear 2W0 warm vanilla and I’m nc20. What I love about this foundation more than anything is that it doesn’t transfer at all. All other foundations I’ve tried transfer onto my clothes, onto my boyfriend, onto anyone and anything I come into contact with. Double wear doesn’t budge there is nothing else that compares on the market. Even when I’m wearing sunglasses it doesn’t rub off onto the glasses which is a pet peeve of mine. Some things I don’t love about double wear: it is not very natural looking. It definitelty looks like I’m wearing makeup and isn’t the most skin-like foundation I’ve tried. I also don’t like the smell or the fact that it doesn’t have a pump. It’s easy to use too much product since it doesn’t have a pump. I’ve tried hundreds of foundations - some of which I much prefer the skin like finish of but the fact that this doesn’t budge or transfer is worth it for me.

About reviewer (259 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I've re-purchased Double Wear 3 times now and I do still love it! I wear this mostly as a weekend/going on a night out foundation. I have combination to oily skin. The coverage for me is full coverage, however I still use powder around my T-zone. I got colour matched in store, and it is the perfect match for me. I am fairly light, I am in the shade Ecru. The downsides, it doesn't have a pump and it does dry fast, so blend fast! But would definitely recommend.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

I LOVED this foundation when I first bought it. It smoothed out my skin like nothing else. It hid my acne and was full coverage but also didn't look cakey. My favourite part was that it stayed on all day. I'm a student, so I don't have much money to spend on makeup. I thought this was my HG foundation, but after a while I noticed that it made my skin look so dry. It would be perfect once applied, but then throughout the day it would sink into my skin (even when using primer) and make my skin look awful. I'm 24, but I had lines all over my face like I had never seen before. I looked like I was about 70. After 6 hours I would look super unhealthy and like my skin was very dry, when it actually isn't. I tried using different moisturisers, primers, etc underneath but unfortunately nothing worked. I stopped using it and will not be rebuying. Perhaps it may work well for people in warm climates, but it didn't work well for me in the UK. I have also spoken to friends who have experienced a similar issue... strangely, we all found that it was great in the beginning and drying/creasing problem developed later

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need. https://youtu.be/eFwoMEII7s8

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Okaaay so I have used this for the last 10 years, on and off. After about 6 years of using it I wanted to see if I could find any other foundations and just explore a little... I’ve tried many foundations, Clinique, Nars, Dior, mac, too faced, and the list goes on. Nothing beats Estée Lauder double wear for me. I always come back to it. The price is high yet it lasts for a long time and it stays on my skin so well, but I like to set it with a powder. I don’t usually use it by itself but I’ve heard good things with just itself. One bottle lasts me between 1 year to a year and a half and I use makeup almost every day. You don’t really need to use much since it has got quite a lot of coverage. Surprisingly, this does not dry out my dry skin since it’s a quite heavy and matte foundation. I use this in the Norwegian winter and it doesn’t affect it all. It doesn’t cling onto my dry spots but I always make sure I moisturise well beforehand. It doesn’t settle into my fine lines either or it doesn’t budge. I like to use urban decays optical illusion complexion primer underneath this and I set it with Nyxs HD translucent powder. It stays put all day. At the end of the day, it becomes more of a nice dewy look for me. At one point I thought that this was contributing to some really bad acne that I got several years ago. I decided to stop using it and try out something less heavy. My acne went away and so I thought the foundation wasn’t that good. Again after some years I decided to try this out because the price was cheaper in Australia ($50 AUD) and I remembered that I loved how long it stayed put on my skin. I didn’t get acne this time (wuhu! :D) So I think it was probably from hormones and also because I didn’t have the best skincare routine back then either. You REALLY need to make sure you remove this properly and cleanse your skin otherwise you may get some clogged pores and tada, there’s the skin problems. I find that with many foundations do this either way if you don’t remove the makeup/cleanse anyway. :) Application: I used to use my fingers when I was younger but I had found that kinda made me look a bit cakier than what i wanted... so I highly recommend using a damp sponge. I use the real techniques sponge for this and I think it evens the foundation out perfectly. Ever since using the sponge I no longer have a cakey look :) For the packaging, as many people have stated, a pump should have come with this for hygienic purposes. But I thiiiiink you can actually buy the Estée Lauder pump seperately or if you can’t find that, Mac or Clinique have good ones that will fit the bottle. Shade range: Back when I first started using the ELDW, there wasn’t an impressive amount of shades but now they’ve really stepped up their game. The new additions are great! I have a friend who has super pale skin and she’s always struggled to find her perfect shade. She tried DW before the pale shades came in and now she’s very satisfied. For me, I am around a Mac nc 15/20. I like to use between ELDW 1n1/1w1 for winter and 1n2/1w2 for summer. I have a neutral skin tone leaning warm. If I need to change anything, I sometimes mix them together or I mix in the smallest amount of turmeric depending on what shade I want to achieve. I’d say give it a go. It’s worth getting a sample. This is my holy grail and I hope it works out for you :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

a year ago

OMG, can't believe I missed out on this for so long. I actually bought it before and got rid of it, since it looked cakey and felt heavy. My skin breaks out with almost everything and reviews had me fearful. Then I forgot my YSL All Hours liquid and needed something in a pinch for an event. Happened to grab a blending sponge, which I don't normally use and it changed everything! This is just awesome. Pros -Excellent lasting power -Impressive shade range (online) -Makes my finicky skin happy -Removes easily with my Neutrogena facial cleaner -Doesn't transfer, better than my beloved All Hours -Lovely natural matte finish -Doesnt settle much in my lines Cons -If applied in certain manners, can look cakey and mask-like. A damp blending sponge made all the difference for me I use the shade Bone (palest available in some stores) mixed with varying levels of Alabaster (palest online) for seasons. It's very rare for me to find one pale enough and Alabaster is way too light. The shades blend well together and the custom shade looks just perfect. They seem to have more deeper shades than many lines too. The best part is my happy skin. It's nearly impossible for me to find something with no: bismuth oxychloride, algae, sodium chloride, lauroyl lysine, caprylil glycol, oils, etc. Don't discontinue, Estee! UPDATE: Sadly, this started to move around on my face like crazy and was embarrassing. I have no idea why it changed- maybe warmer weather? I tried everything, from new primers and setting powders and buying another bottle. Nope! Still the smeary lines even on a cool office day. So strange I ended up trying an old fave Smashbox Studio Skin again and have been really happy. More natural-looking, long-wearing and dependable.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Other

2.0

2 years ago

After 2 days of application, I had lots of pimples on my face. I think I am allergic to this product. I advise you to do a test on a small part of ​​your face before using it. Do not hesitate to ask for a sample.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

This stuff is good but not great especially not for the price. It definitely stays on but I noticed that it seems to show my pores way too much and it's drying on my skin. I have combo skin; it looks dry and flaky on my nose and chin. I've tried 5 different primers and it still makes my pores very noticeable. I think it works better on younger skin. If you're in your mid-30s like me and don't want your pores to be exaggerated try something else especially at this price point.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43