Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

on 9/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

I've been using this for many years. When they discontinued my color 4CSuede it really screwed me up. I didn't know which color to move to after that I went to 3C2 Pebble. That's a pretty good match but a little bit off somehow. In spite of that I still love it. I am going to try some other samples of similar colors to see if I can get closer to my old color. I know they brought in 5 new shades and was hoping they got my color returned but they didn't. There is no other foundation for me like this. I have tried just about every brand out there, and I always return to Double Wear. Most foundations are yellow on me. I am definitely a cool. This is very hard for me match and Oh boy have I tried. On ebay I found a site that sells samples as I am not near an Estee Lauder store. I hope this will help me order my next full bottle.

on 3/15/2017 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I put off buying this for years. Probably because I despise trends and tend to do them till others catch on. (I got a tattoo in 1984. Listen, there weren't even "tattoo artists" in 1984.)

This works very well for me. Two common complaints befuddle me. One, that it is hard to get off. Two words: micellar water. Done. Also, that it doesn't have a pump and you have to pour it out. Um, whut? Remove top, put your middle finger over the rim, turn bottle upside down. Touch finger to nose, cheek, cheek. Repeat bottle action. Forehead, forehead, chin. Use brush or sponge to spread. Done.

I am lucky that I don't often have to be out for hours and hours. But when I do, I am so glad I can depend on this gem to stay in place.

on 10/7/2016 10:38:00 PM

I've tried so many foundations and I always come back to this one. Nothing works better. I used this foundation and Tarte's Shape Tape to cover dark circles, and I couldn't stop looking at my skin, how it glowed and how even it was. Not bad for an old chick, eh.

It is great foundation because it looks like you are not wearing makeup at all and your face looks perfect it does not show imperfections. I was using clinic which is really good too but my daughter and husband noticed the pores on my face had increased due to the clinic foundation. My husband told my daughter it was due to the makeup. I was really worried. I still had some of Estee Lauder foundation and noticed my face and pores decreased. I just purchased a brand new bottle.

Thank you; Estee Lauder.

on 8/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product Is chalky on my skin, doesn't blend in good and made my skin look horrible. A waste of money and a major let down.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was in Macy's & asked the sales associate about it,she put some on,it looked good on me.My Complexion is very Fair & Pink...My color is the lightest cool color...Very Nice foundation!

on 4/22/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation. For years I was on the hunt for long lasting foundation geared for oily/combo skin types. I tried numerous foundations, both high and low end, and nothing compares to Estee Lauder Double Wear is terms of longevity. . I'm 59 years old and this foundation makes my skin look flawless when applied with my damp Real Technique Sponge.. It also looks good applied with a brush. I'm a light/medium, cool/neutral skin tone and it took me several tries to find a matching color shade . Desert Beige 2N1 was too light and yellow and Ivory Beige 3N1 was too dark and peachy for my complexion. I finally found my perfect match in Fresco 2C3. ( I guess I'm more cool than neutral toned)This is one of a few foundations I have tried that doesn't turn my face into an oil slick after 3 or 4 hours wear. Its also does not accentuate fine lines or dry patches. ELDW lasts for at least 10 hours on me with no signs of wear. I love this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/2/2015 9:39:00 PM

Looks GREAT. I have used this Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup for years. I get compliments on my skin a lot. When wearing this makeup my skin flaws seem to disappear. Great product.

I'm in my 50's and I really like how this goes on and with the powder compact it gives me full coverage. It doesn't feel sticky or cake up later on me. I do have combo skin. I use moisturizer wait a bit, use a primer, wait bit, then I put the some foundation on both cheeks, nose and chin. I do find using a dry sponge works best for me.

on 6/26/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using 3C1 Dusk after trying multiple others. This is by far the best coverage for any concerns. I find this leaves my skin with a smooth glowing finish, a small amount goes a long way and it really does last all day. I will stop experimenting and stick with what works. Highly recommended for the over 50 crowd.