Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.7

on 12/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to use this until I switched to Lancome's foundation which I much prefer. DW is a good foundation, it provides good coverage for those of us with less than perfect skin and it truly does stay on all day. I never had a problem matching it to my skin tone,or causing break outs and it stays on well, even in heat and humidity. Overall, it is a good foundation but just a little too heavy and "flat" somehow. It doesn't photograph well, in my experience.

on 9/17/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm NC20 or NW20 in MAC. I was matched to Cool Bone, which looked very good when I put it on, but by the end of the day it had oxidized, which was a deal killer for me. As others have mentioned, it's not especially buildable. I had to use a separate concealer for spots. Again as others have mentioned it may not be the best for dry skin. My skin is not super dry, and I used a moisturizer underneath and blended with the foundation as well, but my skin just didn't feel that good, especially as the day wore on. Thankfully, I only had EL's 3-10 day trial size made for me, did not buy a full bottle. Try before you buy.

Wow, this is one tenacious foundation. I was skeptical before trying it but it really does stay put on my oily nose.

I got "color matched" to wrong shade but got a sample before buying. I am NC15 and the SA gave me equivalent of NC30ish. I used Temptalia's Foundation matrix and went in and asked for 1W1 Warm Bone sample. It is the palest yellow toned shade in this foundation. At first I was put off as it is very yellow. I started using up the sample just on my very red nose & cheeks. I was blown away by the coverage and staying power. The match is pretty good though if I wanted to perfectly match my neck they would need a paler yellow toned shade. I then started using just small dabs on the rest of my face that I blended out carefully. I find my fingers work best for blending. You have sufficient time to blend but it does set fairly quickly. I blend in a paler foundation (Laura Mercier) along my jaw line into this foundation and it works quite well so no distinct demarcation line from face to neck.

It doesn't totally cover my hyperpigmentation but I don't expect a foundation to do that. For me it gives very good coverage and I use enough to improve my skin but also to let my skin show. I don't get how anyone could use 1 or 2 pumps (with added pump) on their face and it not look cakey....that is just too much. And anyone with super dry skin won't be happy with this unless they prep with a good moisturizer. I use over sunscreen with good results.

on 8/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

For my acne prone combination skin, I find this foundation to be just... ok.

It's the ultimate cakey foundation of all times, no matter how little I put or what primer I use.
My skin still becomes oily after about 3-4 hours. It doesn't break me out and I don't have any dry spots on my face.

on 3/28/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Creamy with good coverage. Using a damp sponge is a really good idea. Coverage is very good. I wear this when I am looking for lasting power...not everyday.

on 3/28/2013 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although this foundation looked great from a distance and was long lasting, my face felt dry after application. A close look in the mirror showed a lot of unevenness and dry skin. To be fair I use Retina A and my skin will peel at times, but this foundation does me no favors. I won't repurchase it.