Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

on 9/17/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm NC20 or NW20 in MAC. I was matched to Cool Bone, which looked very good when I put it on, but by the end of the day it had oxidized, which was a deal killer for me. As others have mentioned, it's not especially buildable. I had to use a separate concealer for spots. Again as others have mentioned it may not be the best for dry skin. My skin is not super dry, and I used a moisturizer underneath and blended with the foundation as well, but my skin just didn't feel that good, especially as the day wore on. Thankfully, I only had EL's 3-10 day trial size made for me, did not buy a full bottle. Try before you buy.

on 9/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

I can't live without this foundation!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent matte or almost matte foundation. Wide color choice from cool light to deep dark rich.

Pro: Coverage is full. I put some on my hand and you could see the brighteners and titanium or zinc oxide which makes a reflective cover to hide skin flaws and even tone.

Easy to blend, especially if you use a foam blender.

Wears all day.

No scent, seems to work on sensitive skin.

Cons: It probably will photograph too light (there is a lot of titanium or zinc oxide that is reflective in flash.)
It doesn't have a pump.

It really is full coverage. If you want sheer, my skin-but-better, not your foundation.

Wow, this is one tenacious foundation. I was skeptical before trying it but it really does stay put on my oily nose.

I got "color matched" to wrong shade but got a sample before buying. I am NC15 and the SA gave me equivalent of NC30ish. I used Temptalia's Foundation matrix and went in and asked for 1W1 Warm Bone sample. It is the palest yellow toned shade in this foundation. At first I was put off as it is very yellow. I started using up the sample just on my very red nose & cheeks. I was blown away by the coverage and staying power. The match is pretty good though if I wanted to perfectly match my neck they would need a paler yellow toned shade. I then started using just small dabs on the rest of my face that I blended out carefully. I find my fingers work best for blending. You have sufficient time to blend but it does set fairly quickly. I blend in a paler foundation (Laura Mercier) along my jaw line into this foundation and it works quite well so no distinct demarcation line from face to neck.

It doesn't totally cover my hyperpigmentation but I don't expect a foundation to do that. For me it gives very good coverage and I use enough to improve my skin but also to let my skin show. I don't get how anyone could use 1 or 2 pumps (with added pump) on their face and it not look cakey....that is just too much. And anyone with super dry skin won't be happy with this unless they prep with a good moisturizer. I use over sunscreen with good results.

on 3/15/2017 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I put off buying this for years. Probably because I despise trends and tend to do them till others catch on. (I got a tattoo in 1984. Listen, there weren't even "tattoo artists" in 1984.)

This works very well for me. Two common complaints befuddle me. One, that it is hard to get off. Two words: micellar water. Done. Also, that it doesn't have a pump and you have to pour it out. Um, whut? Remove top, put your middle finger over the rim, turn bottle upside down. Touch finger to nose, cheek, cheek. Repeat bottle action. Forehead, forehead, chin. Use brush or sponge to spread. Done.

I am lucky that I don't often have to be out for hours and hours. But when I do, I am so glad I can depend on this gem to stay in place.

on 10/7/2016 10:38:00 PM

I've tried so many foundations and I always come back to this one. Nothing works better. I used this foundation and Tarte's Shape Tape to cover dark circles, and I couldn't stop looking at my skin, how it glowed and how even it was. Not bad for an old chick, eh.

It is great foundation because it looks like you are not wearing makeup at all and your face looks perfect it does not show imperfections. I was using clinic which is really good too but my daughter and husband noticed the pores on my face had increased due to the clinic foundation. My husband told my daughter it was due to the makeup. I was really worried. I still had some of Estee Lauder foundation and noticed my face and pores decreased. I just purchased a brand new bottle.

Thank you; Estee Lauder.

on 8/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product Is chalky on my skin, doesn't blend in good and made my skin look horrible. A waste of money and a major let down.

on 8/17/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have dry skin, this will not "cut the mustard."
I knew better than to try this because products that are advertised as "long wearing" generally are drying. But, at the insistence of my sister I accepted a sample and tried it.
It sucked the life out of my face.
My skin is not super dry. I used a moisturizer underneath.
From the moment I applied it, I felt like I was wearing a tight mask.
The only redeemable aspect of this foundation is that it might work for a person with oily skin.
And yes, the finish was matte. My face looked good but, it felt awful.

on 8/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

For my acne prone combination skin, I find this foundation to be just... ok.

It's the ultimate cakey foundation of all times, no matter how little I put or what primer I use.
My skin still becomes oily after about 3-4 hours. It doesn't break me out and I don't have any dry spots on my face.