Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/15/2017 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I put off buying this for years. Probably because I despise trends and tend to do them till others catch on. (I got a tattoo in 1984. Listen, there weren't even "tattoo artists" in 1984.)

This works very well for me. Two common complaints befuddle me. One, that it is hard to get off. Two words: micellar water. Done. Also, that it doesn't have a pump and you have to pour it out. Um, whut? Remove top, put your middle finger over the rim, turn bottle upside down. Touch finger to nose, cheek, cheek. Repeat bottle action. Forehead, forehead, chin. Use brush or sponge to spread. Done.

I am lucky that I don't often have to be out for hours and hours. But when I do, I am so glad I can depend on this gem to stay in place.

on 10/7/2016 10:38:00 PM

I've tried so many foundations and I always come back to this one. Nothing works better. I used this foundation and Tarte's Shape Tape to cover dark circles, and I couldn't stop looking at my skin, how it glowed and how even it was. Not bad for an old chick, eh.

It is great foundation because it looks like you are not wearing makeup at all and your face looks perfect it does not show imperfections. I was using clinic which is really good too but my daughter and husband noticed the pores on my face had increased due to the clinic foundation. My husband told my daughter it was due to the makeup. I was really worried. I still had some of Estee Lauder foundation and noticed my face and pores decreased. I just purchased a brand new bottle.

Thank you; Estee Lauder.

on 8/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product Is chalky on my skin, doesn't blend in good and made my skin look horrible. A waste of money and a major let down.

on 8/17/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have dry skin, this will not "cut the mustard."
I knew better than to try this because products that are advertised as "long wearing" generally are drying. But, at the insistence of my sister I accepted a sample and tried it.
It sucked the life out of my face.
My skin is not super dry. I used a moisturizer underneath.
From the moment I applied it, I felt like I was wearing a tight mask.
The only redeemable aspect of this foundation is that it might work for a person with oily skin.
And yes, the finish was matte. My face looked good but, it felt awful.

on 8/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

For my acne prone combination skin, I find this foundation to be just... ok.

It's the ultimate cakey foundation of all times, no matter how little I put or what primer I use.
My skin still becomes oily after about 3-4 hours. It doesn't break me out and I don't have any dry spots on my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was in Macy's & asked the sales associate about it,she put some on,it looked good on me.My Complexion is very Fair & Pink...My color is the lightest cool color...Very Nice foundation!

on 4/22/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation. For years I was on the hunt for long lasting foundation geared for oily/combo skin types. I tried numerous foundations, both high and low end, and nothing compares to Estee Lauder Double Wear is terms of longevity. . I'm 59 years old and this foundation makes my skin look flawless when applied with my damp Real Technique Sponge.. It also looks good applied with a brush. I'm a light/medium, cool/neutral skin tone and it took me several tries to find a matching color shade . Desert Beige 2N1 was too light and yellow and Ivory Beige 3N1 was too dark and peachy for my complexion. I finally found my perfect match in Fresco 2C3. ( I guess I'm more cool than neutral toned)This is one of a few foundations I have tried that doesn't turn my face into an oil slick after 3 or 4 hours wear. Its also does not accentuate fine lines or dry patches. ELDW lasts for at least 10 hours on me with no signs of wear. I love this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 2/7/2016 8:36:00 PM

One of many liquid foundations I have tried - I continue to use this upon occasion, especially when I feel the need for a bit more coverage. The consistency of this product is somewhat thick so I usually err on the side of using as little as possible and then building up. I always apply this with a beauty blender as that creates the most "air brushed" look from it. Definitely for someone who wants that total coverage, flawless look. Just be cautious and don't over apply and get that "mask-like" look going on.

on 10/2/2015 9:39:00 PM

Looks GREAT. I have used this Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup for years. I get compliments on my skin a lot. When wearing this makeup my skin flaws seem to disappear. Great product.