Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I can't believe that I took so long to jump on the Double Wear bandwagon. I should've known that there were some really good reasons for people to recommend this product whole heartedly. It's awesome.

I was recently color matched at the Estee Lauder counter and received a 10-day sample. Here's what I love about this foundation:

1) It is super lightweight on the skin even though the coverage is medium to full. I had been using a MAC cream foundation that I love. But the Estee Lauder foundation just feels wonderful and barely there on my skin.

2) The foundation doesn't rub off on anything during the day. It's truly non-transferable. So I don't accidentally get any on my hands, on paper or on the neckline of my tops. I use a powder over the foundation. I'm sure that helps.

3) I'm chocolate brown with reddish undertones. I actually tested three different possibilities since Double Wear has a great range that covers women of color nicely. I finally went with Deep Amber. It's a gorgeous warm color.

4) I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. I prep my skin well and the Double Wear works perfectly. I wear the Smashbox oil-free primer on my t-zone under the Double Wear and I just do minimal powder touch-ups during the day. And for my cheeks, I wear a slight smear of oil under my moisturizer and the matte finish in the Double Wear doesn't dry me out.

5) The product washes away easily at the end of the day since it is so lightweight.

My only con with the product is the lack of a pump in the glass bottle. However the Estee Lauder counter now sells a pump separately for $10. The product is thin and close to a watery texture. So a pump helps you to control how much you dispense. Frankly the $10 pump will help me to recycle since I'm not about to throw it in the trash each time I finish a bottle.

What a great product!

on 8/16/2017 1:43:00 PM

Holy Grail Product for me. I have fair skin with some mild sun damage that I am now seeing a dermatologist for. I am on light therapy for and Retin A. So, I needed full coverage with a foundation that would not look cakey or splotchy. Also, one that would not dry my face out. Although, before I get into how wonderful this product is I will say that you should use a good moisturizer underneath and SPF, and I use a good primer (Smashbox). But really that's with any foundation.

So, in my opinion the formula is quite velvety. It goes on quite smooth and believe me, you do not need a lot. I have found that a dry beauty blender is best if you are wanting full coverage. If you just want a nice, full coverage, but not too much just every flaw covered but breathable and still natural, just use one small amount of a coat: 3 or 4 dots on each cheek and a couple on your forehead and chin-lip. Use the blender and tip for around your nose etc; It is absolutely buildable if you want a heavier look.

The price is a bit steep but it is worth every penny and it does not sweat off, it lasts up to 12 hours (seriously-I have long days) and it will not break you out even with sensitive skin like mine. The colors are very nice and natural. I chose Sand. My only gripe about this product is that it does not come with a pump. However, I have heard that you can buy a pump from Mac that fits it perfectly.

I bought my Double Wear from Ulta and they really help you there; so, I wish you well in your purchase I think you'll be surprised.

Stay Gorg!!!!

on 8/10/2017 10:57:00 PM

Stays on for hours, I mis two colors to get right color. Blend with a damp sponge or beauty blender. I love this foundation, will never go tot another and I have tried most all of them.

This was MY ONLY foundation in my 20's. I have combo skin, with some cosmetic acne back then, which i wanted to conceal since it has such a perfect coverage.
I was never without it eventhough there were very few colors in my country back then, and i used the "fresco" shade without it being a perfect match for me. it was kind of greyish on my skin and that was the only reason i stopped using it, while a lot of brands developed excellent foundations in matching colors.
fast forward and DW has noumerous of shades now here, mine match being 2N1. almost absolute match.
i am back now in my 50 s. i don;t need a complete coverage now, no scars at all, still combo skin. this makeup eventhough long lasting and covering, if well hydrated, gives a dewy finish, and when you use a small amound blending it well in a well hydrated skin, can be a sheer makeup for mature skin.
a real HG of all times, coming from the past (same goes for ANR).
nice bottle, but it SHOULD HAVE A PUMP EVENTUALLY, than spill it from that big hole.... this is the only con a can find.

on 6/30/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for years and love it. Tried numerous other foundations but they did not stand up to the power of Double Wear. Makes my skin look great - everyone compliments this foundation on me. I use shade "Ivory Beige" which I would normally think was too light for me but because its a neutral tone it is perfect. I noticed that all reviewers here from 16 - 60 love it. Highly recommend!! :):)

on 6/2/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good colors....I like using a foundation brush with this...I think this colors are good and match well....It stays on food for me...I have normal skin...

on 5/30/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my double wear. I have been wearing it for years. Nothing compares to the coverage and finish. I am a nurse & it lasts throughout long hospital shifts. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/16/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The curious creature that I am I had to find out more about this foundation as everyone seemed to rave about it. I was my usual sceptical self. I managed to buy a couple of mls off EBAY to give it a test. I was pleasantly surprised!
I found the perfect shade for my pale olive complexion and a foundation that doesnt slide off my skin after an hour or two. Its easy to apply but dont hang about as it "sets" quite quickly! I might be on the wrong side of 40 but I still have super oily skin. Im told to be thankful for it as it means I have hardly any lines but it is still a major pain when it comes to my makeup lasting the day.
Im not the sort of woman who will keep peering at herself through the day to check or tweek my makeup. This foundation had to perform and still be intact by the early evening. Miracles of miracles it did indeed succeed.
Ive been using it for a year or so and Im pleased it is still doing the business.