Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.3

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/16/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The curious creature that I am I had to find out more about this foundation as everyone seemed to rave about it. I was my usual sceptical self. I managed to buy a couple of mls off EBAY to give it a test. I was pleasantly surprised!
I found the perfect shade for my pale olive complexion and a foundation that doesnt slide off my skin after an hour or two. Its easy to apply but dont hang about as it "sets" quite quickly! I might be on the wrong side of 40 but I still have super oily skin. Im told to be thankful for it as it means I have hardly any lines but it is still a major pain when it comes to my makeup lasting the day.
Im not the sort of woman who will keep peering at herself through the day to check or tweek my makeup. This foundation had to perform and still be intact by the early evening. Miracles of miracles it did indeed succeed.
Ive been using it for a year or so and Im pleased it is still doing the business.

on 4/9/2017 5:16:00 PM

I can't say enough about this foundation. I have oily acne prone skin and it lasts all day and doesn't break me out. I found the perfect shade for my skin tone. One trick is that I mix it with a little Advanced Night repair. It gives my skin more of a glow and makes my foundation more comfortable. I will never use another foundation!

on 3/28/2017 9:03:00 AM

The best Iv ever had. Really covers all redness but not too heavy. Stays all day. Not oily.

The only foundation I use. I have very oily skin and this one stays on all day without becoming greasy. I do have to blot late afternoon but I can get away with wearing it from morning until bedtime. The color is a perfect match whether I'm pale or tan. The full coverage hides redness and evens out my skin tone beautifully. I can't say enough about this product.

This Estee Lauder foundation is Fantastic! I have been using it for YEARS religiously...I have never been able to achieve such flawless results with any other product and omg...this lasts all day into the evening without need for touch up. The best part for me is the No Transfer! It stays in place...reminding me of the time I bought a Dior foundation that left my wallet empty and a white shirt covered in foundation...that never happens with ELDW. I have primarily stuck with Ivory Beige although the Wheat works well in the summer months when I have a bit more color to my skin. It is absolutely full coverage, but never cakey. My skin is fairly normal with the T zone being a bit oily. I do moisturize and prime prior to foundation application. I am finding this year though, that it is settling a bit in my fine eye lines, but that is no reflection of the product..my skin is just aging...😣 I give 4 lippies on price because I find most cosmetics overpriced...but that wouldn't stop me from buying this product because it delivers the results I seek.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 12/26/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has been around for a while and I am glad that they have not changed its ingredients so far. I am super oily but at the same time, under my eyes can look dry and agitated from a drying foundation. Comparing this with Revlon Colostay, I have to say this does a better job in keeping my face in a great condition. Under my eyes do not suffer either. The shades are a bit challenging for me. They are categorized but like many other brands, yellows are super yellow and almost look unnatural. I am NC30 in MAC although not as yellow. The best shade for me is 3N1 or Ivory Beige. It is neutral so it won't make me look too yellow. It lasts on my skin for the whole day. It doesn't budge, melt or transfer. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean and see no debris after the wash. Overall, let's hope they keep this one in the market but add more shades to it.

on 12/5/2016 1:00:00 PM

Love love love this foundation! Been using it for years, i wear colour fresco, they did change it a few years back and i know a lot of women weren't happy but i didn't mind it was slightly different, it goes on smoothly with my real techniques expert face brush, it gives medium coverage and stays put till i take it off at the end of my day. I will never change unless they stop making!! No no!