Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.3

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 12/26/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has been around for a while and I am glad that they have not changed its ingredients so far. I am super oily but at the same time, under my eyes can look dry and agitated from a drying foundation. Comparing this with Revlon Colostay, I have to say this does a better job in keeping my face in a great condition. Under my eyes do not suffer either. The shades are a bit challenging for me. They are categorized but like many other brands, yellows are super yellow and almost look unnatural. I am NC30 in MAC although not as yellow. The best shade for me is 3N1 or Ivory Beige. It is neutral so it won't make me look too yellow. It lasts on my skin for the whole day. It doesn't budge, melt or transfer. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean and see no debris after the wash. Overall, let's hope they keep this one in the market but add more shades to it.

on 12/5/2016 1:00:00 PM

Love love love this foundation! Been using it for years, i wear colour fresco, they did change it a few years back and i know a lot of women weren't happy but i didn't mind it was slightly different, it goes on smoothly with my real techniques expert face brush, it gives medium coverage and stays put till i take it off at the end of my day. I will never change unless they stop making!! No no!

on 10/5/2016 9:04:00 AM

Used this year s ago and came back to it. Wears great on my mature, but oily skin. It lasts through hot flashes. I finally got a color match in Pure Beige. I am nw20 in MAC. The MAC pump works perfect with it. The key is to not use too much and to build up in areas where you need more coverage

on 9/22/2016 4:07:00 AM

Like other reviewers, I find this is my go-to foundation, and although I've tried other brands I always come back to this, because it's absolutely the best for my skin.

I have sensitive skin on the oily side, with patches of rosacea on my nose and cheeks. I have them treated every year with IPL, but they never completely go away and they get worse in winter. This foundation is the only one which covers them up and still looks natural.

You do have to apply it carefully, and use a brush for difficult spots, like the corners of your nose. As it dries quite fast I find it's better to stipple it on, a little at a time. But it's worth the trouble, because it really does what it says - it lasts all day, doesn't come off, and it looks very natural, like my own skin but better.

I used to have to mix two shades to get the right colour, but now they have added some extra shades and I use the 1C1 Cool Bone, which blends nicely with my own skin tone. It's actually a little darker than my natural shade - which matches exactly with Shell - but when I use Shell on my nose and cheeks it looks quite pale and pasty. I think you just have to experiment to find the best shade.

I'm going to stick with this foundation, because my dermatologist advised me to stay with the products that work for me! And this does!

on 7/9/2016 8:51:00 AM

This is a fantastic foundation. I have dry, sensitive, clog prone skin and I like reasonable coverage in a foundation but I don’t like a heavy, made up look or feel. That’s a tall order for a foundation and for years I’ve been using two or three different foundations – either at once (mixed or on different parts of my face) or changing for different seasons. I never tried this because for some reason I thought it was one of those dry, very matte, heavy looking and feeling full coverage foundations. Although I have dry skin, I wear a lot of sunscreen so foundations for dry skin don’t always work for me. This is probably more matte on me (once my sunscreen sinks in with this) than on someone with another skin type but it ticks all the boxes – it looks and feels light, it has decent coverage, it’s buildable, it doesn’t fade or change colour throughout the day. There’s a good range of colours. I’m NC20 and use MUFE F&B 20, MUFE F&B 117, LM MMU in Sand and LM Crème Foundation in Warm Ivory. I thought I’d need Bone but after trying samples of Ecru and Bone, Ecru is definitely my colour. The samples are very generous and I was able to try it properly to make sure it wasn’t going to cause any breakouts or other issues. Unless my skin changes or they change the formulation, I can see myself using this for years. It’s not cheap but it’s very good value because I only use this now – I use a very thin layer all over my face then dab a bit extra around my nose and other slightly red areas. I don’t have a whole collection of foundations and the coverage is so good that I don’t use a lot of it.

I am really on the fence about this foundation. On the one hand:
It offers maximum coverage.
Lasts all day.
Is oil free.
Feels light and lets skin breathe.
Has a demi- matte finish.
On the other hand:
Is extremely difficult to blend due to the fact that it sets quickly. Too quickly. I used my fingers first - Dries at rapid fire speed. Tried my beauty blender next- Same result.
Has a somewhat chalky finish- The sales associate said this was due to foundation shades being too light (Which I don't buy that theory at all. She said that my present makeup was too light for my skin tone and that's why it looked 'cakey', which we know that the texture is what determines the finish in a foundation or concealer.) She chose the shade Dusk, which appeared to look better in natural light than store light. (I personally still felt it was a bit on the salmon shaded side of the spectrum for my skin tone but it appeared to disappear into my complexion. Hmm.)
The finish may have a more accentuating effect on fine lines- Something that no woman at any age wants.
In conclusion I wish that Double Wear was just a tad more hydrating which I am convinced would greatly improve it's blend ability and result in a more smoother finish for those with mature,dry or combination skin. However if you have oily skin, this is the foundation you've been waiting for since the natural oils and possible sebum over activity will help you to work with it better.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is an extremely thick foundation that covers VERY well. It is too thick for women over 40, as it accentuates the crepey look around the eyes as well as extenuates pores. One of my favorite comments on this foundation is the it goes on like Dutch Boy paint. I think this make up is best suited for younger women that need more coverage.

on 5/19/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been looking for a makeup that'll last through a workout. No, you shouldn't wear makeup while you work out, but I do it for a living and sometimes have to look nicer (and cover blemishes). This has a nice, light coverage that you can build. I dot it on my face then blend with the Real Techniques stipple brush. It matches my skin very well, thanks to the counter lady. From first glance, it's a winner.

I had to move the whole bottle over to a airless dispenser, because it comes in a bottle without a pump. They sell one, but I went on Amazon, bought the bottles and a long bottle spoon to scrape the product out. Much easier to get just a squeeze of product.

Post-class review: It can melt and leave globs of makeup around the creases of your mouth, etc. Over a whole day, I get shiny and it seems to fade out. The big thing for me is that I've found that I breakout every time I wear it -- even when I don't work out. So... I hope it works for you, but I'm not repurchasing, especially at that price. I can buy Revlon (which also breaks me out) for less than half the price.

on 5/17/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is just "okay."
It is definitely full coverage, to the point of almost looking mask like. You really have to blend, blend, blend. Especially at the jaw line. And you better buy the perfect color, or it will be extremely obvious you have heavy foundation on.
It has crazy good staying power. Like glue! LOL
It sticks to skin, and also sticks to any flakiness or dry spots you have, so exfoliate and moisturize well before you apply!