Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.3

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 12/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Finally tried this much hyped foundation. Luckily I got a sample and didn't purchase because it did not work for me. I got matched to the color Rattan, which matched my skin perfectly. I tried this three different times and was disappointed all three times. First used it without a primer, then with the Smashbox primer, then with the Dr. Brandt Primer and it made no difference at all. By the three hour mark, it had gathered in creases that I didn't know I had! No other foundation that I currently use (itCosmetics CC cream, Revlon Age Defying and YSL) has ever done that. Very disappointing.

on 11/24/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is always on my makeup shelf. It's coverage is fantastic, but not noticeable. It's matte, super long-wearing, and evens out redness in my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle. (Why has no one but Chanel figured out that bottles of foundation with no squeeze-top or similar mechanism, leave gloppy, gluey foundation all over the mouth of the bottle? What a waste of product.)

on 11/22/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Went to the estee lauder counter and was colour matched by the very helpful and knowledgeable BA to 2W2, which is a warm yellow based shade. The colour was the best match for any foundation I have ever had, including my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, absolutely spot on. I have a very difficult skin tone to match and most other cosmetic houses don't offer a wide enough selection. I also have extremely dry, sensitive skin and was very excited to try this. The BA gave me an extremely generous weeks supply to trial. This was great, as based on the first hour I would have purchased it. But as the day went on, my face got drier and tighter and the skin around my eyes was so dry it was flaking. What a shame I really wanted to love this just for the colour alone, but I think this is a foundation best suited to a combination oily skin or a younger skin with more natural moisture. It certainly lives up to the longevity and does not transfer at all, a great bonus. Just not for me.

on 10/18/2017 6:38:00 AM

I've been using it for years and there is no foundation on the market to get even close... and I' ve tried ! Still, it has its secrets: 1. The skin should be well moisturized. 2. Using mattifing moisturises is a NO GO - the foundation would look awfully cakey. 3. Cover the mouth of the bottle with your finger and turn it upside down - this should be a "shot"; max 3 will do. 4. It is important to spread it rather quickly allover the face, cause it kind of dries during the process. 5. I find the building up is a bad ideea - in my experience, 1 layer/ application is enough. Red spots and other defaults should be treated "on spot", discreetly.
Once you find its ways/ secrets, you become addicted to it. :-) <3 it !

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I can't believe that I took so long to jump on the Double Wear bandwagon. I should've known that there were some really good reasons for people to recommend this product whole heartedly. It's awesome.

I was recently color matched at the Estee Lauder counter and received a 10-day sample. Here's what I love about this foundation:

1) It is super lightweight on the skin even though the coverage is medium to full. I had been using a MAC cream foundation that I love. But the Estee Lauder foundation just feels wonderful and barely there on my skin.

2) The foundation doesn't rub off on anything during the day. It's truly non-transferable. So I don't accidentally get any on my hands, on paper or on the neckline of my tops. I use a powder over the foundation. I'm sure that helps.

3) I'm chocolate brown with reddish undertones. I actually tested three different possibilities since Double Wear has a great range that covers women of color nicely. I finally went with Deep Amber. It's a gorgeous warm color.

4) I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. I prep my skin well and the Double Wear works perfectly. I wear the Smashbox oil-free primer on my t-zone under the Double Wear and I just do minimal powder touch-ups during the day. And for my cheeks, I wear a slight smear of oil under my moisturizer and the matte finish in the Double Wear doesn't dry me out.

5) The product washes away easily at the end of the day since it is so lightweight.

My only con with the product is the lack of a pump in the glass bottle. However the Estee Lauder counter now sells a pump separately for $10. The product is thin and close to a watery texture. So a pump helps you to control how much you dispense. Frankly the $10 pump will help me to recycle since I'm not about to throw it in the trash each time I finish a bottle.

What a great product!

on 8/16/2017 1:43:00 PM

Holy Grail Product for me. I have fair skin with some mild sun damage that I am now seeing a dermatologist for. I am on light therapy for and Retin A. So, I needed full coverage with a foundation that would not look cakey or splotchy. Also, one that would not dry my face out. Although, before I get into how wonderful this product is I will say that you should use a good moisturizer underneath and SPF, and I use a good primer (Smashbox). But really that's with any foundation.

So, in my opinion the formula is quite velvety. It goes on quite smooth and believe me, you do not need a lot. I have found that a dry beauty blender is best if you are wanting full coverage. If you just want a nice, full coverage, but not too much just every flaw covered but breathable and still natural, just use one small amount of a coat: 3 or 4 dots on each cheek and a couple on your forehead and chin-lip. Use the blender and tip for around your nose etc; It is absolutely buildable if you want a heavier look.

The price is a bit steep but it is worth every penny and it does not sweat off, it lasts up to 12 hours (seriously-I have long days) and it will not break you out even with sensitive skin like mine. The colors are very nice and natural. I chose Sand. My only gripe about this product is that it does not come with a pump. However, I have heard that you can buy a pump from Mac that fits it perfectly.

I bought my Double Wear from Ulta and they really help you there; so, I wish you well in your purchase I think you'll be surprised.

Stay Gorg!!!!

on 8/10/2017 10:57:00 PM

Stays on for hours, I mis two colors to get right color. Blend with a damp sponge or beauty blender. I love this foundation, will never go tot another and I have tried most all of them.

This was MY ONLY foundation in my 20's. I have combo skin, with some cosmetic acne back then, which i wanted to conceal since it has such a perfect coverage.
I was never without it eventhough there were very few colors in my country back then, and i used the "fresco" shade without it being a perfect match for me. it was kind of greyish on my skin and that was the only reason i stopped using it, while a lot of brands developed excellent foundations in matching colors.
fast forward and DW has noumerous of shades now here, mine match being 2N1. almost absolute match.
i am back now in my 50 s. i don;t need a complete coverage now, no scars at all, still combo skin. this makeup eventhough long lasting and covering, if well hydrated, gives a dewy finish, and when you use a small amound blending it well in a well hydrated skin, can be a sheer makeup for mature skin.
a real HG of all times, coming from the past (same goes for ANR).
nice bottle, but it SHOULD HAVE A PUMP EVENTUALLY, than spill it from that big hole.... this is the only con a can find.

on 6/30/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for years and love it. Tried numerous other foundations but they did not stand up to the power of Double Wear. Makes my skin look great - everyone compliments this foundation on me. I use shade "Ivory Beige" which I would normally think was too light for me but because its a neutral tone it is perfect. I noticed that all reviewers here from 16 - 60 love it. Highly recommend!! :):)