Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 36-43
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Personally, I don't think this feels heavy at all.
Good coverage bur sinks into my pores if I don't wear a primer.

Get with the program EL! This needs a freaking pump!!

on 6/12/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation!! This is one of my HG all time favorite foundations! I always come back to this one after experimenting with other foundations.

Pros:
Oil free
Long wearing
Sweat proof (it stayed on after an intense work out)
Mattifying
Full coverage

Cons:
Can look a bit cakey

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

on 5/9/2017 6:02:00 AM

This has to be the most industrial strength foundation I've ever put on my face! I have fair combination skin with a moderately shiny T-zone. The lovely lady at the Lauder counter expertly colour matched me and she did a great job, so no complaints on service or the colour. The colour range is amazing, so it should suit many skin tones. The texture of the foundation is nice, a creamy liquid and it applies well, dries very quickly, but this is where the positivity stopped for me. It just looked like a mask on my face and that was with one light layer. Very matte, with no luminosity and I couldn't see my real skin at all. I could also feel the product once dried and it has an unusual smell. Not unpleasant I don't think, but certainly not fragrance free. It took a lot to remove as it practically stuck on my skin. This stuff wasn't going anywhere!! I am used to lighter liquid foundations that are semi-matte to matte as well, but that still manage to make you look natural and a little luminous (but not shiny!). Basically products that make your skin look perfected naturally. So on that basis and from my own experience with this one, I think this would suit someone wanting a med-full coverage, very matte finish, a look where its obvious you're wearing makeup and something that just won't budge no matter what. It must work for lots out there due to the reviews, but it's not for me!

on 5/8/2017 2:32:00 AM

This does last a long time, and coverage is high, but I got the lightest shade Cool Bone, which looks good when I put it on, but by the end of the day, turns orange. Yes, I have really pale skin, but come on...I can't have this weird streaky look. It does cover blemishes and maybe if I get a different shade, I'll start to love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When you need coverage and longevity Double Wear is still the gold standard for a department store foundation. Now that it has been out 20 plus years, I would like to see the formula tweaked to look more modern and skin like. I recommend going extremely light with your powder or it is going to be a heavy and very unnatural look. A dusting of loose only on the nose cheeks forehead and chin is all that should be needed no matter the skin type, and many should be able to get away with just blotting the foundation once it sets to take off the top most shine left over. I personally like to see it without a powder on normal skin types. Be aware you will need good facial cleanser to remove Double Wear or you may start having breakouts. Many of the cleansing facial oils work well to break it down, and even after that I would suggest a foaming cleanser or at least a swiping of toner to make sure all traces are wiped away. I've seen many women through the years who would splurge on their Double Wear and skimp on their cleanser and it just does work out. Be careful about the bottle. It is glass and there is no pump. Don't dip dirty fingers or brushes on the open top. I wish Estee Lauder would make a pump. Really cheap on their part for such a high end and well loved product.

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

First I have to say that if you are looking for a foundation with some "give" when it blends out, then this wouldn't be for you. Even with a primer and/or moisturizer you have to work quickly to blend. I do my face in sections, and add more as I go. Dabbing some all over the face to start with won't work. For me a dampened beauty blender works best, but a brush will also work great. If for some reason I have to use my fingers, I mix some moisturizer in with the foundation first. This foundation is very full coverage, and long lasting. The finish is matte, and looks flawless when it's applied the right way! It lasts all day for me even in the summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this makeup because the girl at counter told me it is the best for oily skin. She even gave me samples for some hydrating oil absorbing cream to go under it. Well It's worse than my cheap makeup it doesn't blend, shows all my pores and I was oily in a half hour! Awful I am bringing it back. For 42 dollars US, it should at LEAST not look cakey.I am returning it.