Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

First I have to say that if you are looking for a foundation with some "give" when it blends out, then this wouldn't be for you. Even with a primer and/or moisturizer you have to work quickly to blend. I do my face in sections, and add more as I go. Dabbing some all over the face to start with won't work. For me a dampened beauty blender works best, but a brush will also work great. If for some reason I have to use my fingers, I mix some moisturizer in with the foundation first. This foundation is very full coverage, and long lasting. The finish is matte, and looks flawless when it's applied the right way! It lasts all day for me even in the summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this makeup because the girl at counter told me it is the best for oily skin. She even gave me samples for some hydrating oil absorbing cream to go under it. Well It's worse than my cheap makeup it doesn't blend, shows all my pores and I was oily in a half hour! Awful I am bringing it back. For 42 dollars US, it should at LEAST not look cakey.I am returning it.

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is an excellent foundation.

Edit: using Mac skin refined zone on my nose has helped tremendously. This is a very good foundation. I will continue to use regularly.

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time but because it's very pricy I waited. I got a $20 off from Sephora so I thought this would be perfect time to try. I have to say I'm very disappointed and glad I did not pay full price for the product. The reason why I don't like it is that it accentuates my large pores and it has a rather chalky appearance- I guess some may say matte. Otherwise the colour is very beautiful and it does last a full day. The lasting part is important for me as all other products I try just don't have staying power. This product may be perfect for someone with discolouration because it has excellent coverage but not for someone with large pores or wrinkles. The bottle is nice, heavy glass. But, unfortunately there is no pump so hard to get product out. Maybe this product will be better for summer when my skin is more greasy...but then I'm not sure I want a heavy looking foundation for summer. Colour I purchased is 1W1 Bone. It's one of the lightest ones. I won't repurchase

on 12/1/2016 10:04:00 PM

Es una base agradable para colocarla y su resultado final, dura todo el día, retocándola con polvos para quitar los brillos en la zona T en los días que hace más calor. Lo que no me gusto es que es muy rosada y no hay ningun tono que iguale al mío, por lo cual me queda con u efecto de máscara. Si hubiera un tono adecuado para mí lo compraría de nuevo.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hg foundation for high end products! Stays on all day and shows no signs of fading compared to other foundations. Love it and will repurchase even it's over my budget.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Great formula, medium coverage, matte and wide color selection. Stays on till you take it off with oil based makeup remover. Great for weddings or everyday use.