Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 36-43
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is an excellent foundation.

Edit: using Mac skin refined zone on my nose has helped tremendously. This is a very good foundation. I will continue to use regularly.

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time but because it's very pricy I waited. I got a $20 off from Sephora so I thought this would be perfect time to try. I have to say I'm very disappointed and glad I did not pay full price for the product. The reason why I don't like it is that it accentuates my large pores and it has a rather chalky appearance- I guess some may say matte. Otherwise the colour is very beautiful and it does last a full day. The lasting part is important for me as all other products I try just don't have staying power. This product may be perfect for someone with discolouration because it has excellent coverage but not for someone with large pores or wrinkles. The bottle is nice, heavy glass. But, unfortunately there is no pump so hard to get product out. Maybe this product will be better for summer when my skin is more greasy...but then I'm not sure I want a heavy looking foundation for summer. Colour I purchased is 1W1 Bone. It's one of the lightest ones. I won't repurchase

on 12/1/2016 10:04:00 PM

Es una base agradable para colocarla y su resultado final, dura todo el día, retocándola con polvos para quitar los brillos en la zona T en los días que hace más calor. Lo que no me gusto es que es muy rosada y no hay ningun tono que iguale al mío, por lo cual me queda con u efecto de máscara. Si hubiera un tono adecuado para mí lo compraría de nuevo.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hg foundation for high end products! Stays on all day and shows no signs of fading compared to other foundations. Love it and will repurchase even it's over my budget.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Great formula, medium coverage, matte and wide color selection. Stays on till you take it off with oil based makeup remover. Great for weddings or everyday use.

on 10/22/2016 1:26:00 PM

Firstly I should state I have extremely Dry skin. I am also the wrong side of 30. These two things combined means that this foundation hates my skin!

It is soooo drying. It clung to patches regardless of how moisturised my skin was beforehand. I use good moisturisers and primers as I believe a foundation is only as good as the base you are putting it on.

It sunk into fine lines and emphasised them. I looked a lot better before I put it on!

The staying power is good. It stayed like that all day (mores the pitty)

This would be a good foundation for a more youthful skin that possibly verges on oily.

However if like me you are beginning the downward spiral of getting older and have a more dryer skin type you need to avoid this foundation!

on 10/21/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Very torn on this one. I have difficult skin. I'm 38, my skin is very combination, oily t-zone, normal/dry cheeks, hormonal acne, large pores on my nose especially and dehydration issues. Pale with strong yellow/olive undertones overall, but quite a bit of facial redness/pinkness. I have yet to find a foundation that never settles in pores, separates and goes patchy on the nose, leaving me with yellow polkadots on a pink nose. It's like my face rejects make-up, to misquote someone on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Double Wear really works sometimes, better than most other foundations I've tried in recent years. It's only great if I have a good make-up day and apply very carefully, though; pat primer into pores to fill them, apply DW very carefully in thin layers, preferably mixed with a bit of moisturizer for slip (La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast works well for this) and blend with a beauty blender. It's never foolproof, though, and I would like a foundation that feels reliable. That's probably more to do with my skin than Double Wear, but it still means I'll probably try something else when I run out, just in case there is a foundation out there that actually is.

That said, I would definitely recommend this for someone with a more normal/oily skin type who wants a long-lasting, matte foundation that gives a nice, "done" sort of look. It does look great, hold up and perform very well on my oily forehead, normal cheeks and other less troublesome parts of my face.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best product for oily skin
Lasts all day especially if i use it with a good base product.
Smooth aplication but beware because it dries really fast.
Best colour shades ever
You shoud try it if you suffer from oily skin

I received a sample in 1C1, cool bone. It had good staying power, but dried down to an orange colour on me. I've had that happen with MAC and Dior foundations, so it does happen unfortunately. If you can find a skin tone match, a good choice for foundation as it stays really well on oily skins.