Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a very nice foundation, the shades are good but there is always room for improvement. I suspected after watching some you tube reviewers and research that I was probably between cashew and 2w2, I think Rattan? they are both nice shades I can see being able to wear cashew (3w2) alone if I got a deeper tan in the summer and also alone on my forehead now, but as far as the rest of my face its just a tad dark, but 2w2 Rattan is a tad light and not enough warmth in it. I am a medium deep golden-olive shade shade and need a foundation that is yellow enough, dark enough and just a tad of warmth, and while I really don't actually need another foundation I will be purchasing both because I am used to the reality of having to mix foundations in-order to get my perfect shade (I am very picky about shade much more the formula actually). As far as long wear in a regular day it lasted fine in the dry Colorado summer but also didn't apply so much (I used a damp beauty blender) I set with my Urban Decay Naked Ultra skin loose powder in medium deep, I can see you can build this up easily but I prefer my skin to show through, I don;t have issues with texture really although my skin can be a bit dry, if that is the case for you I recommend you use a moisturizing primer before hand. For reference my skin tone I wear foundation colors : maybelline fit me dewy and Smooth shade 220, BB stick foundation 4.0 and 4.75 on the forehead, Nars all Day Luminous in Stromboli, L'oreal True Match in Shade w4 powder and foundation, MUFE HD Ultra in shade y345, Touche Eclate Foundation in shade Bd50 with a drop of yellow corrector added) LA girl HD foundation in warm beige. Hope that helps if your in the same shade range as me

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

on 3/7/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have combination skin that is prone to breakouts. I bought this foundation based on all the great reviews. Unfortunately, it didn't go on evenly and believe me, I tried it on clean skin, on moisturiser and on primer. It was impossible to blend and the end result looked cakey and uneven. It just didn't work for me, IDK why :( Plus, after having tried it for a couple of days it seemed to dry out my skin.
I will stick to Lancome TIU and Clinique BB cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love that it covers beautifully and stays put all day, I also love the yellow undertone. However, I do find that it's a bit too obvious on the face, it leaves a bit of a powdery finish. So I mix this with a liquid highlighter and apply it with a damp beauty blender. This way the result is more natural but still allows for a high coverage.

I would advice to thoroughly cleanse the skin after wearing this foundation. After my initial purchase and after wearing this foundation undiluted and without primer for a few days I noticed some skin irritation. With a primer underneath this doesn't seem to happen.

Great foundation, will repurchase for long days when a perfect make-up look is required.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

on 10/31/2016 11:01:00 AM

I just finished my EL foundation, and I must say that I loved it. It offers good coverage and it transfer resistant (Hooray). I didn't get any breakouts and that's saying something since my skin is highly reactive.

It's runny, watery, but highly pigmented. It dries matte and helps control sebum. Overall, I think this is an amazing product. I do have a couple of dislikes which is its lack of pump, and it costs a pretty penny, that I honestly rather keep than spend on something I rinse off at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I think this is one of the best high-end-ish foundations I have tried. I just think that there maybe dupes for this that would have an itsy bit less of the double wear's effectivity, but my pretty pennies can be spent on something less... uh... vain? :P Not that being vain is bad or shizz, I'm pretty vain.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If I ran out or lost, I'm not sure whether to repurchase or not. Well, I kinda like the wide color selections they have. I find it extremely difficult to find a good base that matches my skin tone. I love how it stays on my skin and I love the fact it is not breaking me out, long wearing, controls oil and non-transfer. What I hate about this foundation, it feels thick, heavy (and sometimes it feels cakey) but that's not the main concern - I can tolerate by adding some EL Advanced Night Repair or apply using damped beauty blender or something, the most disaster is my pore is INSANELY VISIBLE even though I had my primer on before the foundation. I don't know. Think I wanna give the Double Wear Light, a try.

There's a lot of mixed reviews about this product. But I think it boils down to what you expect from it. For me, I got this product because I wanted it's staying power. It did not disappoint. My equatorial climate means I'm sweating the moment I leave any air conditioned room so my makeup barely lasts half a day. With this foundation, my makeup is still intact after 10hrs with sweat & oil! But of course with this kind of staying power, it definitely does not look my-skin-but-better kind of natural but it's good enough for me. Trick for it not to cake is really to build it little bit at a time. I put tiny dots of it over my face and buff out with a kabuki flat top brush. Then I add more tiny dots on only my freckles where I need a bit more coverage. And on days I want it lighter, I mix a tiny dollop of foundation with my tinted moisturizer. My makeup still lasted 8 hours beautifully :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: full coverage; no sent.

Cons.: mask feeling; clings to dry areas; expensive; messy and wasteful; hard to remove; difficult to blend; oxidises on skin afters hours of wear.

This foundation must have glue in it, that is how hard it sticks to your skin. But this is not even the worst part...I understand there is no miracle product, but you would think that for the price and brand they could have done better. True, it covers imperfections, but it also highlights them. It's like whiting off the handwriting on a piece of paper - you don't see what's under, but you see the white stuff and the fact that something was covered..same here. Plus it is such an awful awful packaging...the foundation is very runny and the bottle is wide..when using your fingers it runs through them and when pouring it on a tray...you are left with extra each time. You can use it if you spend long time figuring out which brush to use, how to prep your skin, with what to remove it, etc. But shouldn't a high end product be more user friendly and frustration free?!

Update:
I tried applying it with many different brushes and the result was a mask. The most natural look was achieved with a beauty blender. Also, it is a drying foundation and I have to use double the moisturizer I used before. It doesn't break me out, but...I noticed itchy redness in the folds of the nose which is I believe can be caused by the foundation since I haven't changed anything in my routine. My skin looks good in the pictures and the product has unreal shine control (no shine at all after all day wear) so I can change to 2 stars, but still won't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After my not so good experience with Dior Nude I decided to buy double wear the second time,the first time I bought it in Desert beige and it was pale for me so this time I bought it in Rattan and Woooooow this is supeeeeerp,Im in love with this foundation,great staying power,sweat resistant and look natural
you have to be carefull about choosing the right shade ,Im NC25 and Rattan is great for me