Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/10/2017 4:28:00 PM

I used this foundation for about a year and I really wanted to like it. It covers very well but I'm pretty sure it made me break out. Taking it off at night is also a chore. I have to wash my face 3 times to get all of it off... that cant be a good sign. I probably will not purchase again.

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 12/26/2016 11:22:00 PM

This is my HG liquid foundation. I've been using this foundation for more than 2 years and it does not break me out. I have acne prone skin and I never had a problem using this foundation. This foundation is very long lasting, (i gues it will last forever on my face lol!) But kidding aside, this the best foundation in the whole world. My shade is 2c2 Pale Almond, it looks very natural and not cakey. I believe you need to find the right shade for you in order to give you best result when you apply. By the way I'm using the sponge from make up forever for the application. But trust me, this foundation will never ever let you down especially on any important occassion. I will definitely use this foundation on my wedding. 😊 I really-really love this foundation.

This is my HG foundation. It covers so well and stays in place all day, I'm talking 8+ hours.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

I have tried a lot of foundations and this is the best one I've tried so far. I have oily skin and this is the only foundation that stays on all day. I do need to retouch after 8 hours or so. Still the best though

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is pretty amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to try. First of all, I have a lot of "needs" : I have combination skin which is dry but also acne prone, I have freckles, hyper pigmentation, some wrinkles and I couldn't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face before and didn't like transfer of makeup on clothes . I also work full time 8 hour days and have kids, so I'm constantly on the go and don't have time to reapply during lunch etc. I was noticing the last few years that during lunch, my makeup looked worn off :/ I finally decided to try this foundation out since I heard such great things. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, sets pretty quickly and covers medium and is build able but somehow it doesn't feel or look heavy? It brightens my skin tone and makes it look softer and more even, but somehow looks natural as well. Best of all, it lasts all day! People were not kidding- even after a long 10 hour work day, or my whole day at Disneyland with the kids, even when I went to wash it off at 10:00 at night it looked great! It also photographed great as well! Last, it didn't break me out at all. This is a HG foundation for me