Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 6/17/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! I love this stuff.

I'm a foundation junkie. I rarely buy the same thing twice. I've tried SO many foundations; all of Cliniques and MACs, I've tried makeup forever, Dior, benefit, Sephora collection, hourglass, Josie maran, Lancôme, many of the drug store brands (more recently bourjois), Marc jacobs....if Sephora sells it I've probably had a bottle at some point over the years.

This stuff is my holy grail of foundation. It's awesome. Once it's on, it doesn't budge all day. I usually put my makeup on around 7:30am and take it off around 9pm. Usually with other brands the make up has worn off and it looks streaky, and my face looks a little oily.

This stuff is amazing. Nice medium coverage and matte finish, I don't even have to use a concealer or a powder. By the evening, my makeup looks the same as it did that morning. I have combination/oily skin. No oiliness at all.

The BEST foundation I have ever used. Will be in my makeup bag forever (until I find the next best thing). Would highly recommend it unless you have dry skin. Make sure you use a foundation brush to apply as well.

And at $46 a bottle it's practically free!! Great price point.

on 6/7/2017 2:07:00 PM

I love this foundation does what it says lasts the full day I have tried many other foundations some not so great for my oily combo skin and other ok foundations this one is my number one choice, only thing is make sure you remove all of it from your face properly, lovely flawless coverage

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really think this foundation would be perfect for oily and acne prone skin types.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

I love the coverage. It doesn't cause acne flare ups or breakouts. Looks great on oily areas and stays put all day. It doesn't seep into fine lines or pores so it looks flawless with one exception. If you have dry skin like I do.

It makes my dry skin look really dull and it seems to just suck the moisture out of my face! It also really dries out my under eye areas and causes dry patches and skin flaking.

I want to love this product and my oily t-zone does! But I wouldn't recommend this for combination/dry skin types.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Color selection amazing coverage amazing yes i we'll recommend needs new application funtion

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this is my HG foundation however I have to be remached it oxydizes on my oily skin,I ended up ordering from their site more than 2 months ago,and I never received it .customer service told me they are looking in to the matter ,never got back ..but still love the foundation tho.like the product not the people behind the product ..would give it 5 stars.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried so hard to like this and no matter what I can't get it to work. I've tried two colors one was a neutral - Desert Beige and the other was a "cooler" toned but darker - Dawn. Dawn was a better match but I still felt it was a tad too dark. Aside from the off color of it, I find this foundation literally just sits on top of my face and makes my pores, texture and lines stand out so much. I've tried applying it with a sponge and a brush, different primers and different powders and I still can't get it to look good on me! I will say it does last and controls oil, but I feel like it looks so terrible up close - I just can't wear it.

on 5/4/2017 4:58:00 PM

For the days where I need extra coverage, Estée Lauder DW is definitely my HG foundation! I don't know why it took me so long to try this even after so many rave reviews about it. I find one coat is all I need otherwise I'd look too cakey. It is amazing in my skin and doesn't break me out. Overall great stuff :-)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a 5/5, because it does what it claims. I can NOT wear this whatsoever in the winter time, when I need something like MUFE face and body or Armani Maestro Glow (the one that's mostly oil based.). However, ladies if you are looking for a foundation that will not budge on humid summer days - and nights ;) - then this is it. My skin is dry, but I use Argan Oil every single morning so it doesn't dry me out in the summer. It almost feels like a clay mask when applying but my face feels like I'm wearing nothing once it dries. I noticed how light this felt in contrast to other foundations after applying a MAC full coverage foundation the next day, where I could literally feel my makeup trying to slip off.

And the rumors are true, this foundation does make skin appear airbrushed. I use 4c but I need to buy one cool shade lighter to mix for the right shade when i'm less tan. Worth it. But again, this is a summer staple for this dry skinned gal, unfortunately, and it is so drying in the winter on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my Holy Grail foundation. I use the shade Ivory Nude.
I typically have oily skin, but lately -- thanks to a certain acne gel -- it has been mostly combo normal/dry with some pretty dry patches on my chin area. This foundation looks great all day regardless of my skin type!

PROS:
Decent shade ranges.
Medium coverage that is quite buildable.
Doesn't settle into fine lines or cake up.
Dries down quickly and is definitely transfer-proof within minutes.
Very long-lasting, even in Florida heat and humidity.
Controls oil for those with oily skin, but doesn't further dry out those with dry skin.
Non-acnegenic

CONS:
Funky, paint-like foundation smell (dissipates very quickly, just don't smell the product inside the bottle).
Packaging is meh. No pump. Standard glass bottle with lightweight screw-on cap. Nothing special and certainly not overly cute or fancy aesthetically.
Oxidises slightly after about five minutes.

The price was pretty standard for a high end foundation, $40 USD for 1.0floz. I, personally, feel that's a bit pricy, but definitely worth it for me. I use L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte for "off days" when I'm just going to the grocery store and whatnot.

on 4/16/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to like this but I don't any more.
I have this in ecru and it suits my skin tone which is very light. It is very thick and heavy and too much of a mask, obviously got foundation on look.
I would mix it with Estée Lauder Idealist and I found that that was a much nicer mixture.
I am now in my mid thirties and I find that the finish, apart from being really obvious, is powdery too. It also settles in to fine lines and it feels heavy on my skin.
I have quite oily skin but this didn't shift or oxidise which was good.
If you like heavy coverage then you might like this. For me it is too much and I probably won't use the rest of the bottle. I prefer a lighter and more natural look. I find this can make skin look quite aged too. In some lights it highlights all skin imperfections. Mainly, it's so obvious that you have a heavy foundation on that it defeats the purpose for me.
I won't buy again.