Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 8/10/2017 11:25:00 PM

The "big guns" of foundation- not for amateur makeup wearers!! Awesome full coverage (hides blemishes and scars), lasts all day and is a great buildable foundation! It may be too heavy for those who hate the feeling of wearing foundation or those who want a more natural look. I wear it all year round but some may also think it's too heavy for the summer. With that being said, it's not extremely easy to remove- lots of face wipes plus face wash. It dries matte which is great for those who dislike a dewey finish, buffs in easily and evenly and doesn't streak. It is a bit expensive though-but well worth the money! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

on 7/27/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's 2017.... if I am dropping this much $$ on a foundation, give me a pump!

I honestly don't get this hype over this foundation. Granted, I am not usually a liquid foundation girl, but it's decent. I hate the packaging! I have read that people compare this to Revlon ColorStay - just no. This is far better. I loathed ColorStay when I tried it. Your cheaper dupe has a beautiful pump, though..... just saying!

The two main things I do love about this foundation is the color range and staying power. This stuff will last all day if it's set right. The formula, in my opinion, is harder to work with. It tends to want to dry as I try to blend. It also has pretty decent coverage. (medium for me). For us with more yellow (NOT PINK) tones, this is a dream! It is almost impossible to find a decent foundation of any type that has TRUE yellow undertones, and this does! I would buy this over a drugstore foundation for that very reason, but I think it's way too overpriced for what it is

I also can't use this long term. I have been using this for about 2 months, and my skin hates me right now! I have hormonal acne, but this foundation has left my skin so congested. Will save for special occasions.

I stole one the pumps from my Almay foundation, and it fit perfectly. I shouldn't have had to come to such drastic measures though!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is popular and for a good reason. It really does last for 16+ hours on the skin. Once on it does not move l and stays flawless throughout the day/evening.

The shade range is amazing so finding a shade to match should not be a problem. I'd advise getting arched at the counter just because there are that many shades!!

It is a heavier coverage foundation so it's not for everyone. It is sweat proof in that I've worn in in high 30/40 degrees C temperatures and its stayed put. I've heard of people using it in the gym too. I'v never worn make up at the gym but I reckon double wear would withstand a gym class!

The only slightly negative point which lost a point from me in the packaging category is that is doesn't have a pump. It's that thick, it could probably clog up a pump. Instead I pour a little on the back of my hand or finger, dot some on my face then use a brush or damp beauty sponge to apply and blend. It is easy to go too far and pour loads out and waste it.

It is a best selling foundation for a reason though. The coverage is amazing. It is suitable or a range of skin types and shades and it does stay put all day. On dry akin types, load up on your moiaturiser as it can be a little drying. It doesn't cling to dry patches though.

I have bought this over and over again and will continue to do so until I find something better.

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

I like a full coverage with a matte finish so the Estee Lauder Double Wear is like my perfect bff. It controlled oiliness very well, 5 hours until I had the need to blot and it didn't fade until I took it off at the end of the day, even on my oiliest areas such as my t-zone. It also covered all the minor scars and hyperpigmentation very well. It gave a smooth-matte and non cakey finish.

Since I live in a humid beach area, you can imagine how impressed I am with this foundation when I wore it to the beach and it stayed throughout the day without making my face look greasy. Neither was I wearing a primer nor setting spray, I only set it with a translucent loose powder. My skin didn't get any bad reactions from this foundation. I'm happy, so does my skin.

on 7/8/2017 11:45:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. It's one of my all time favourites but I need to use a foundation brush. I don't like it with a blending sponge for some reason. I need to make sure I'm well moisturised before and I use a primer and a light powder over the top. I'm either cool bone or ecru depending on the time of year but one of the sales people introduced me to ivory beige for a night out and bizarrely I love it. Apparently lots of people get it and it's not their normal colour. I understand now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage. It's expensive but it's the only foundation that won't break me out. My skin is pretty oily and break out easily.

on 6/17/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! I love this stuff.

I'm a foundation junkie. I rarely buy the same thing twice. I've tried SO many foundations; all of Cliniques and MACs, I've tried makeup forever, Dior, benefit, Sephora collection, hourglass, Josie maran, Lancôme, many of the drug store brands (more recently bourjois), Marc jacobs....if Sephora sells it I've probably had a bottle at some point over the years.

This stuff is my holy grail of foundation. It's awesome. Once it's on, it doesn't budge all day. I usually put my makeup on around 7:30am and take it off around 9pm. Usually with other brands the make up has worn off and it looks streaky, and my face looks a little oily.

This stuff is amazing. Nice medium coverage and matte finish, I don't even have to use a concealer or a powder. By the evening, my makeup looks the same as it did that morning. I have combination/oily skin. No oiliness at all.

The BEST foundation I have ever used. Will be in my makeup bag forever (until I find the next best thing). Would highly recommend it unless you have dry skin. Make sure you use a foundation brush to apply as well.

And at $46 a bottle it's practically free!! Great price point.

on 6/7/2017 2:07:00 PM

I love this foundation does what it says lasts the full day I have tried many other foundations some not so great for my oily combo skin and other ok foundations this one is my number one choice, only thing is make sure you remove all of it from your face properly, lovely flawless coverage

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really think this foundation would be perfect for oily and acne prone skin types.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

I love the coverage. It doesn't cause acne flare ups or breakouts. Looks great on oily areas and stays put all day. It doesn't seep into fine lines or pores so it looks flawless with one exception. If you have dry skin like I do.

It makes my dry skin look really dull and it seems to just suck the moisture out of my face! It also really dries out my under eye areas and causes dry patches and skin flaking.

I want to love this product and my oily t-zone does! But I wouldn't recommend this for combination/dry skin types.