Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 12/26/2016 11:22:00 PM

This is my HG liquid foundation. I've been using this foundation for more than 2 years and it does not break me out. I have acne prone skin and I never had a problem using this foundation. This foundation is very long lasting, (i gues it will last forever on my face lol!) But kidding aside, this the best foundation in the whole world. My shade is 2c2 Pale Almond, it looks very natural and not cakey. I believe you need to find the right shade for you in order to give you best result when you apply. By the way I'm using the sponge from make up forever for the application. But trust me, this foundation will never ever let you down especially on any important occassion. I will definitely use this foundation on my wedding. 😊 I really-really love this foundation.

This is my HG foundation. It covers so well and stays in place all day, I'm talking 8+ hours.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

I have tried a lot of foundations and this is the best one I've tried so far. I have oily skin and this is the only foundation that stays on all day. I do need to retouch after 8 hours or so. Still the best though

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is pretty amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to try. First of all, I have a lot of "needs" : I have combination skin which is dry but also acne prone, I have freckles, hyper pigmentation, some wrinkles and I couldn't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face before and didn't like transfer of makeup on clothes . I also work full time 8 hour days and have kids, so I'm constantly on the go and don't have time to reapply during lunch etc. I was noticing the last few years that during lunch, my makeup looked worn off :/ I finally decided to try this foundation out since I heard such great things. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, sets pretty quickly and covers medium and is build able but somehow it doesn't feel or look heavy? It brightens my skin tone and makes it look softer and more even, but somehow looks natural as well. Best of all, it lasts all day! People were not kidding- even after a long 10 hour work day, or my whole day at Disneyland with the kids, even when I went to wash it off at 10:00 at night it looked great! It also photographed great as well! Last, it didn't break me out at all. This is a HG foundation for me

My second placer HG. I really love this because I feel that eventhough the pigment is all gone, you still have coverage. My face still looks flawless from day to night. the difference between this and my Mac prolong waterproof is, the Mac one sinks into my skin showing my natural skin but still covers well. Estee, on the other hand, creates a second skin. But I tell you, Estee holds longer than the Mac one.

on 11/23/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First order of business: this foundation is very matte, and so it For Sure needs to be used sparingly and always, always with a damp beauty blender!
I bought into all the hype and have been using it for a few months now, so I think I can fairly say that overtop of well-moisturized/primed skin it looks perfectly matte and flawless (and on that note, cream/liquid blush is key for this level of matte-ness). That being said, it's easy to mess up, meaning it will look cakey, weirdly obvious and matte (like a clay mask) and just... not what you want.

It definitely is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used, for example I had to carefully change into a white turtleneck after I did my makeup last week and there was almost no transfer (!?!). I never cared that much about staying-power in my youth, but as I'm in my 30s now and I have a million things to do in a day, I don't want to worry about my makeup failing me. I don't want to be checking mirrors all day - I wanna know my face looks as good as it did when left my house. With Double-wear, at the end of the day my makeup is still set.
When I don't want to feel like I'm wearing too much makeup (bc you can feel it on your skin, it's not one of those weightless foundations, especially if your skin isn't well moisturized, it can feel tight) or worry about making a mistake, I switch to my Fit Me matte and poreless, but, again, it's not as long-lasting.
Colour-wise I can see what people are annoyed about, as it does have a yellowish undertone. I always have some yellow that I combat so I just mix a bit of lavender corrector in and it's not a problem.
Lastly, I was playing around once with a Luminous primer underneath (Laura Mercier) and later when I checked my make-up it was a disaster. The Marc Jacobs primer is perfect.
All in all it's a fussy foundation but I kind of like the process, so it'll be a keeper for the foreseeable future.