Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

on 5/27/2018 2:18:00 AM

I did not like this foundation. It felt like paint on my skin. It exentuated all my flaws such as dryness and didn't blend well. It dried so fast it was hard to apply and had a chemical smell. It was a huge disappointment as it has so many great reviews but did not work well on my skin. Maybe for someone with oily skin.

on 5/24/2018 11:36:00 AM

The best stay in place make up ever! I have been used this product over 4 years now. It stays on my face over the day. My best ever!

This is a cult foundation for a reason, that being its staying power. It adheres to the skin like paint, and stays there until you take it off. I find it could be described as specifically formulated for oily skinned ladies and gents, as it doesn't need setting powder (unless you have exceptionally oily skin i presume), doesn't break down on critical oily areas throughout the day (nostrils, in between the brows, nose, inner cheeks), doesn't oxidize or change color. I absolutely adore it and yes, if i had to wear a single foundation for the rest of my life, this would be it.
This is my "husband" foundation. The rest are all occasional, short-termed, exciting but quick-fizzling, cool-but-enough-now "affairs".

Pros:
- one of the few foundations that actually does what it claims to do;
- great coverage without looking dry, cakey or streaky;
- beautiful smooth finish, like glass/paint;
- very long lasting;
- unbreakable, doesn't dissolve on oily areas or under the eyes. This particularity is almost impossible to find in other foundations, in my opinion, and if met, it comes with significant disadvantages (extreme thickness, dryness, for example the Kat Von D/ LA Girl foundations);
- contrary to other reviews, i personally don't find it drying under the eyes at all. Eye cream is a general must for the skin regardless of one wearing makeup or not;
- extensive shade rage, for pretty much everyone;
- very buildable if applied fast;
- a little goes a long way, a bottle will last for months with daily use;
- replaces concealer successfully;
- good skin tolerance (didn't break me out);
- wonderful natural look for its consistency and coverage. Pretty much 5% heavier on the skin than liquid foundations.

Cons:
- expensive (but good things cost money);
- the significant shade range makes it difficult to choose one's right tone, particularly in store lights;
- the glass bottle albeit beautiful is not user-friendly and needs a pump;
- needs attentive removal, hard to scrub off.

I will continue to repurchase this foundation and not the light version as i don't want to stray. The company could offer a more extensive guideline for choosing the right shade and add a pump and they'd be market leaders.

on 5/3/2018 7:49:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation.

It looks great after initial application. But what made it my go to is that as it wears during the day, it gets a little more dewey looking on my combo (leaning towards oily) skin. But dewey in a good, “I’m naturally glowing” way. It really wears off beautifully (all foundations wear off as the day goes on, it’s just HOW they wear off on your skin that’s important!). Personally, I’ve never had any issues with it gathering or wiping off the way other foundations have.

The only thing people have to be careful with is that this can look cakey if you apply too much OR if your skin isn’t properly hydrated beforehand. However, that’s a problem that can be worked around once you find out the best way to prep your skin and apply.

Personally, I feel like people with oily skin types and those looks for medium leaning towards high coverage (with spot concealing on problematic areas b/c zit redness/discoloration still peeks through on me) would really enjoy this foundation.Those with dry skin or those that want a lot of coverage after initial application may not be too into it as it would probably look cakey by the end of the day.

on 4/27/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Definitely my HG foundation. Double Ware does not budge on my combination skin for at least 12 hours easily and looks honestly much better on my face at the end of the day than most other foundations look in 4-5 hours.
I prefer applying it with a damp beauty sponge on a well moisturized and primed skin. I noticed that I need much smaller amount of product than when working with most other foundations I've tried. With just one very thin layer and a damp sponge I can easily get high-medium or light-high coverage which I really enjoy even for an everyday look. It looks quite natural, I have never experienced cakyness with Double Ware (I think applying it in very thin layers and not more than 1-2 layers helps in that regard). I normally set it very lightly with a bit of a setting powder and I usually don't need any touch-ups during the entire day (not even on my T-zone).
I truly love it and don't even know why I have another 5 different foundations at the moment when all I want to use is Double Ware :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Superheavy and sticky. I don't mind to spend a more money for makeup, but it does have to work properly!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

on 3/23/2018 1:57:00 AM

This is an absolutely gorgeous foundation. Consistency is a bit more creamy and buildable with medium coverage. Some say that this is not an everyday makeup, but applied in the smallest amounts with (melted on the back of the hand, dotted on face with clean fingers, then spread thin with damp sponge), this can apply very, very thin and look very, very natural. I like to mix a drop of oil/serum for a little more natural coverage. The foundation for me was not buildable-- second layer ended up melting my first layer and I was left with a goopy mess-- what I figured out was to:

1. WEAR SUPER HYDRATING LOTION/CREAM and let it fully absorb into skin prior to application
2. Add a drop of serum/oil into foundation and mix on back of hand before applying to face
3. Use very small amount and blend, blend, blend!
4. Use concealer to spot-fix trouble areas instead of trying to layer this foundation (which has pretty good medium coverage)

Thing about this foundation is that it's formulated to last long, so it'll REALLY stick to your face as soon as you put this on, which is why you should spread, spread, spread, blend, blend, BLEND!!! as soon as the small amount of foundation is dotted on the face. It dries fast and if left on the face for too long, it'll dry that way and WILL. NOT. BUDGE.

Like everyone said, face absolutely must be exfoliated and moisturized (and absorbed) prior to putting this on, otherwise it'll grab onto dry patches, but I have no problem making this foundation look natural. ELDW would probably not work on someone with dry skin or skin that hasn't been thoroughly hydrated as the formula is quite drying. Another thing, this foundation is NOT for the PPP-- the lightest shade applies dark on my fair but definitely not porcelain Asian skin.

I took one lippie off because Estee Lauder isn't cruelty-free (and it should be) and the ingredients aren't as clean as they could be and also because it does not come with a pump (it can be purchased separately for $10). Also, for you mid-day mist spritzers, be sure to test mist on foundation at home because this foundation melted off my face in splotches when I misted my face mid-day and I had to scramble in desperation to remove and re-do what I can. Because they're not cruelty-free, I would not purchase again. My desperate hunt for cruelty-free nontoxic foundation continues.

on 3/17/2018 10:17:00 PM

I always reach for this foundation when my skin needs coverage. This is not the type of foundation that looks like your skin. It's full coverage and will emphasize fine-lines. But it's very long lasting, when I wear it I knew by the end of the day, I'll look the same as I first apply it. I don't recommend wear it everyday, because it has the tendency to break out. Make sure you use a oil based cleanser to remove this foundation.