Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and most foundations dont last, break me out and show my huge pores. But honestly, the ELDW is for now the one that lasts the longer on my skin, gives a natural finish (I think it only happened twice that it got cakey and I accidentally put on way too much product) Is doen't work with all primers, but I think this is quite normal for any foundation. I can apply it with brush, beautyblender or fingers and can get a nice finish with any of those. I really like the performance of this product, even if you have to buy a pump - Mac ones work, and not EL does offer the possiblity to buy a pump for double wear but I think it's a bit dishonest - why not include the pump in the packaging? Anyway, for now this is my HG.

on 11/17/2017 7:01:00 AM

Sad to say that in a nutshell...the worst foundation for my skin.
I wish I could say it didn’t break me out but omg I had the worst acne breakout since I was 18. Comedones, whiteheads, acne cosmetica all over forehead, cystic acne. The works. I am very careful with my skincare and getting every scrap of makeup off my skin at night so I don’t breakout, but this stuff must have been welded on in my pores still and I didn’t realise. I wish I knew how other people with acne prone skin got on so well with it and how they removed it.
Also, within a couple of hours it oxidised.
It was very cakey which just accentuated the flaws, dry patches and bumps.
Photos look like your a ghost due to flashback.
Sad it didn’t work for me as it seems to work well for so many others.

on 10/30/2017 8:32:00 PM

I wish there were more color ranges for darker warm toned people. Rich caramel is way too orange and rich ginger is too light.

on 10/29/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to be good but now they jacked the price by a whole 10 dollars now that more people are using it. Outrageous example of price gouging, and there are so many new foundations coming out in the 30 dollar range that there is no reason to keep buying bottles of Doublewear at 44 bucks. Estee Lauder is ridiculous. AND NO PUMP STILL. THEY WANT YOU TO PAY $10 FOR THE PUMP TOO, IN ADDITION TO RAISING THE PRICE BY $10! WILD!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself. It is literally the only foundation that sticks to my oil slick face. I can make this look natural, applied either with buffing brush or beauty blender. I have been using this for about 8years and have yet to find something else I prefer. I do dislike that it doesnt come with a pump, but I just decant into another bottle. I will say it is harsh to wear constantly like I have been and trying to reduce the amount of daily wear. If you have oily skin and need a good foundation, I do recommend it. This covers my redness from thread veins. It can plog pores though, so make sure it is removed each night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Omg why didn't I try this sooner!! I wore it for the first time yesterday and I'm so impressed!!!

Pros:
-Beautiful finish- matte but not flat
-did not need a setting powder (I have Combo skin)
-Full coverage with one layer
-Perfect colour match (ivory nude- I'm 117 in had mufe, 120 mat velvet and buff in colorstay)
-stayed for the full 9 hours I wore it
-no transfer
- looks just as good at the end of the night as it did when I first applied it!
- didn't oxidize
- a little goes along way

Cons:
- no pump = messy and spillage prone
- you can definitely feel that you're wearing makeup
-does take more effort to remove than other foundations, but I mean duhhhhh ----with its lasting power, it should

So excited about this! I'm normally acne prone and my skin has been good for the last month until a couple days ago I got a food related break out- just in time for a big dinner party... So I decided to try this and I couldn't believe it-My skin looked flawless despite the breakout. I received several compliments on my skin at the party! Not my makeup but my skin- "wow you're skin looks great"! Awesome. I'll save this for special occasions tho since it does feel "heavy" (you don't forget that you have foundation on).
I used a beauty blender and let it set for 5 minutes before I did the rest of my makeup.

on 9/21/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom used this. She didnt love it nor hate it. She never asked for a second bottle. She always goes back to wearibg Korean BB creams.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this to use as tattoo cover for a wedding. The reviews persuaded me. The coverage was strong, it definitely stayed put. But it had a few fatal flaws: The color was different in the bottle than what I was matched to at the makeup counter. Yes, I checked the bottle to see if there was a mix up, and no, there wasn't. The color on my neck, was a totally different tone than what came out of my bottle. And as the day wore on, the color changed, oxidized and became ashy in patches. It went on smooth, and cracked within an hour. I wasn't impressed for the price. Gave it away. Won't be purchasing again. Really? $50 and no pump?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

EDIT: I don't know if this is just my skin, but the more I've worn it, the more I can't wait to get it off my face. It feels like a mask I can't wait to remove. Also - and this is weird - the full bottle seems to either turn reddish on my skin, or maybe I'm just blending out really sheer? Either way, I've put it to one side having used the full bottle for less than a week and have replaced with Fenty Beauty. I have to say, I didn't experience this issue with the sample I got so I don't know what the issue is. I've changed my review because of these issues and have left at a 2 lippie score because generously I think maybe it's user error and I just haven't found the best method of application for my skin.
----------------------
If you've seen my other reviews, you can see I've been on the hunt for a good full coverage foundation that doesn't slip off my face, irritate my rosacea, or separate and go grainy over the course of the day. This one is a winner all round, and I'm SO surprised because I just thought it wouldn't suit me at all.

My colour is Cool Bone which I think is the lightest. I got matched to Almond before which was odd - but Cool Bone is great. Doesn't oxidise and while I'm expecting flashback it's not something I'm especially worried about.

I dot all over my face and then blend with a damp RT sponge and it gives a really beautiful finish. For me, I don't think it gives a mask-like look; I don't know if that's because I'm using less than the beauty gurus I've watched on YouTube, my technique, or maybe just that the rosacea is peeking through and giving a 'natural' flush. Either way, it looks good. I can layer over the really red bits if needs be.

It's creamy and blends really well, it doesn't seem to dry down like for e.g. the Lock It foundation. I dust some Velvetizer finishing powder over the top and I'm genuinely flawless. While my skin requires a blotting by the end of the day, it's nothing I can't handle and doesn't look disgusting if I don't bother. Even the oils breaking through don't seem to disturb the make up which is EXACTLY what I was looking for! And even on my dryer bits, it didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even after 12 hours wear.

It's really pricey, and it's such a con that you have to buy the pump separately for an extra fiver, but I am going to have to splurge because it works so well.