Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself. It is literally the only foundation that sticks to my oil slick face. I can make this look natural, applied either with buffing brush or beauty blender. I have been using this for about 8years and have yet to find something else I prefer. I do dislike that it doesnt come with a pump, but I just decant into another bottle. I will say it is harsh to wear constantly like I have been and trying to reduce the amount of daily wear. If you have oily skin and need a good foundation, I do recommend it. This covers my redness from thread veins. It can plog pores though, so make sure it is removed each night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Omg why didn't I try this sooner!! I wore it for the first time yesterday and I'm so impressed!!!

Pros:
-Beautiful finish- matte but not flat
-did not need a setting powder (I have Combo skin)
-Full coverage with one layer
-Perfect colour match (ivory nude- I'm 117 in had mufe, 120 mat velvet and buff in colorstay)
-stayed for the full 9 hours I wore it
-no transfer
- looks just as good at the end of the night as it did when I first applied it!
- didn't oxidize
- a little goes along way

Cons:
- no pump = messy and spillage prone
- you can definitely feel that you're wearing makeup
-does take more effort to remove than other foundations, but I mean duhhhhh ----with its lasting power, it should

So excited about this! I'm normally acne prone and my skin has been good for the last month until a couple days ago I got a food related break out- just in time for a big dinner party... So I decided to try this and I couldn't believe it-My skin looked flawless despite the breakout. I received several compliments on my skin at the party! Not my makeup but my skin- "wow you're skin looks great"! Awesome. I'll save this for special occasions tho since it does feel "heavy" (you don't forget that you have foundation on).
I used a beauty blender and let it set for 5 minutes before I did the rest of my makeup.

on 9/21/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom used this. She didnt love it nor hate it. She never asked for a second bottle. She always goes back to wearibg Korean BB creams.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this to use as tattoo cover for a wedding. The reviews persuaded me. The coverage was strong, it definitely stayed put. But it had a few fatal flaws: The color was different in the bottle than what I was matched to at the makeup counter. Yes, I checked the bottle to see if there was a mix up, and no, there wasn't. The color on my neck, was a totally different tone than what came out of my bottle. And as the day wore on, the color changed, oxidized and became ashy in patches. It went on smooth, and cracked within an hour. I wasn't impressed for the price. Gave it away. Won't be purchasing again. Really? $50 and no pump?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

EDIT: I don't know if this is just my skin, but the more I've worn it, the more I can't wait to get it off my face. It feels like a mask I can't wait to remove. Also - and this is weird - the full bottle seems to either turn reddish on my skin, or maybe I'm just blending out really sheer? Either way, I've put it to one side having used the full bottle for less than a week and have replaced with Fenty Beauty. I have to say, I didn't experience this issue with the sample I got so I don't know what the issue is. I've changed my review because of these issues and have left at a 2 lippie score because generously I think maybe it's user error and I just haven't found the best method of application for my skin.
----------------------
If you've seen my other reviews, you can see I've been on the hunt for a good full coverage foundation that doesn't slip off my face, irritate my rosacea, or separate and go grainy over the course of the day. This one is a winner all round, and I'm SO surprised because I just thought it wouldn't suit me at all.

My colour is Cool Bone which I think is the lightest. I got matched to Almond before which was odd - but Cool Bone is great. Doesn't oxidise and while I'm expecting flashback it's not something I'm especially worried about.

I dot all over my face and then blend with a damp RT sponge and it gives a really beautiful finish. For me, I don't think it gives a mask-like look; I don't know if that's because I'm using less than the beauty gurus I've watched on YouTube, my technique, or maybe just that the rosacea is peeking through and giving a 'natural' flush. Either way, it looks good. I can layer over the really red bits if needs be.

It's creamy and blends really well, it doesn't seem to dry down like for e.g. the Lock It foundation. I dust some Velvetizer finishing powder over the top and I'm genuinely flawless. While my skin requires a blotting by the end of the day, it's nothing I can't handle and doesn't look disgusting if I don't bother. Even the oils breaking through don't seem to disturb the make up which is EXACTLY what I was looking for! And even on my dryer bits, it didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even after 12 hours wear.

It's really pricey, and it's such a con that you have to buy the pump separately for an extra fiver, but I am going to have to splurge because it works so well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a very nice foundation, the shades are good but there is always room for improvement. I suspected after watching some you tube reviewers and research that I was probably between cashew and 2w2, I think Rattan? they are both nice shades I can see being able to wear cashew (3w2) alone if I got a deeper tan in the summer and also alone on my forehead now, but as far as the rest of my face its just a tad dark, but 2w2 Rattan is a tad light and not enough warmth in it. I am a medium deep golden-olive shade shade and need a foundation that is yellow enough, dark enough and just a tad of warmth, and while I really don't actually need another foundation I will be purchasing both because I am used to the reality of having to mix foundations in-order to get my perfect shade (I am very picky about shade much more the formula actually). As far as long wear in a regular day it lasted fine in the dry Colorado summer but also didn't apply so much (I used a damp beauty blender) I set with my Urban Decay Naked Ultra skin loose powder in medium deep, I can see you can build this up easily but I prefer my skin to show through, I don;t have issues with texture really although my skin can be a bit dry, if that is the case for you I recommend you use a moisturizing primer before hand. For reference my skin tone I wear foundation colors : maybelline fit me dewy and Smooth shade 220, BB stick foundation 4.0 and 4.75 on the forehead, Nars all Day Luminous in Stromboli, L'oreal True Match in Shade w4 powder and foundation, MUFE HD Ultra in shade y345, Touche Eclate Foundation in shade Bd50 with a drop of yellow corrector added) LA girl HD foundation in warm beige. Hope that helps if your in the same shade range as me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand this foundation. Settles into pores, accentuates everything and doesn't last as long as it should. Oxidizes as well

I decided to buy this high-end product thinking that it was going to be of good quality and safe for sensitive skin. I was wrong. This product broke me out so badly. :-( I'm gonna switch back to MAC for now until I discover my holy grail foundation.

on 8/10/2017 11:25:00 PM

The "big guns" of foundation- not for amateur makeup wearers!! Awesome full coverage (hides blemishes and scars), lasts all day and is a great buildable foundation! It may be too heavy for those who hate the feeling of wearing foundation or those who want a more natural look. I wear it all year round but some may also think it's too heavy for the summer. With that being said, it's not extremely easy to remove- lots of face wipes plus face wash. It dries matte which is great for those who dislike a dewey finish, buffs in easily and evenly and doesn't streak. It is a bit expensive though-but well worth the money! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

on 7/27/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's 2017.... if I am dropping this much $$ on a foundation, give me a pump!

I honestly don't get this hype over this foundation. Granted, I am not usually a liquid foundation girl, but it's decent. I hate the packaging! I have read that people compare this to Revlon ColorStay - just no. This is far better. I loathed ColorStay when I tried it. Your cheaper dupe has a beautiful pump, though..... just saying!

The two main things I do love about this foundation is the color range and staying power. This stuff will last all day if it's set right. The formula, in my opinion, is harder to work with. It tends to want to dry as I try to blend. It also has pretty decent coverage. (medium for me). For us with more yellow (NOT PINK) tones, this is a dream! It is almost impossible to find a decent foundation of any type that has TRUE yellow undertones, and this does! I would buy this over a drugstore foundation for that very reason, but I think it's way too overpriced for what it is

I also can't use this long term. I have been using this for about 2 months, and my skin hates me right now! I have hormonal acne, but this foundation has left my skin so congested. Will save for special occasions.

I stole one the pumps from my Almay foundation, and it fit perfectly. I shouldn't have had to come to such drastic measures though!