Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

on 10/22/2018 6:31:00 AM

Okaaay so I have used this for the last 10 years, on and off. After about 6 years of using it I wanted to see if I could find any other foundations and just explore a little... I’ve tried many foundations, Clinique, Nars, Dior, mac, too faced, and the list goes on.

Nothing beats Estée Lauder double wear for me. I always come back to it. The price is high yet it lasts for a long time and it stays on my skin so well, but I like to set it with a powder. I don’t usually use it by itself but I’ve heard good things with just itself. One bottle lasts me between 1 year to a year and a half and I use makeup almost every day. You don’t really need to use much since it has got quite a lot of coverage.

Surprisingly, this does not dry out my dry skin since it’s a quite heavy and matte foundation. I use this in the Norwegian winter and it doesn’t affect it all. It doesn’t cling onto my dry spots but I always make sure I moisturise well beforehand. It doesn’t settle into my fine lines either or it doesn’t budge. I like to use urban decays optical illusion complexion primer underneath this and I set it with Nyxs HD translucent powder. It stays put all day. At the end of the day, it becomes more of a nice dewy look for me.

At one point I thought that this was contributing to some really bad acne that I got several years ago. I decided to stop using it and try out something less heavy. My acne went away and so I thought the foundation wasn’t that good. Again after some years I decided to try this out because the price was cheaper in Australia ($50 AUD) and I remembered that I loved how long it stayed put on my skin. I didn’t get acne this time (wuhu! :D) So I think it was probably from hormones and also because I didn’t have the best skincare routine back then either. You REALLY need to make sure you remove this properly and cleanse your skin otherwise you may get some clogged pores and tada, there’s the skin problems. I find that with many foundations do this either way if you don’t remove the makeup/cleanse anyway. :)

Application: I used to use my fingers when I was younger but I had found that kinda made me look a bit cakier than what i wanted... so I highly recommend using a damp sponge. I use the real techniques sponge for this and I think it evens the foundation out perfectly. Ever since using the sponge I no longer have a cakey look :)

For the packaging, as many people have stated, a pump should have come with this for hygienic purposes. But I thiiiiink you can actually buy the Estée Lauder pump seperately or if you can’t find that, Mac or Clinique have good ones that will fit the bottle.

Shade range:
Back when I first started using the ELDW, there wasn’t an impressive amount of shades but now they’ve really stepped up their game. The new additions are great! I have a friend who has super pale skin and she’s always struggled to find her perfect shade. She tried DW before the pale shades came in and now she’s very satisfied.
For me, I am around a Mac nc 15/20. I like to use between ELDW 1n1/1w1 for winter and 1n2/1w2 for summer. I have a neutral skin tone leaning warm. If I need to change anything, I sometimes mix them together or I mix in the smallest amount of turmeric depending on what shade I want to achieve.

I’d say give it a go. It’s worth getting a sample. This is my holy grail and I hope it works out for you :)

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 8/31/2018 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and live in a humid country this foundation is for you. But for it to have a flawless look you have to makesure you really prep your skin before application, that is, masks, serums, moisturisers and hydrating primers etc.. This foundation does have a tendency to look cakey, best application item is a beauty blender and just press it in your skin till you feel like it has become part of your skin. Also, if you have acne prone skin then this may cause breakouts as this foundation just clings to your skin, so do save this foundation for special occasions.If i have an important event, then this is the foundation i grab...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Honestly never found a better foundation than this one. I've repurchased this product SO many times. It literally stays on all day, has a high coverage and doesn't transfer onto clothes. Really good color range as well. At the end of the day your makeup looks even better then when you first apply it in the morning. I have sensitive skin but this foundation NEVER breaks me out. It dries up very fast, so you have to apply it quickly.

on 7/28/2018 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best liquid foundation on this planet!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Estee Lauder and this foundations is definitely my HG.
Conceals all imperfections as the texture is pretty thick. Lasts not hours but DAYS.
I use this product on a daily basis, Sigma F80 brush really helps to blend foundation evenly. However, have to work quickly as product dries up very fast and might leave streaks if not blended quickly.
Pricey but worth every penny!!!

on 5/4/2018 4:40:00 AM

This stuff is so good and actually much better than what it use to be ( it use to bemuch more like spack filler but still good)! It’s a true medium, buildable, satin long wearing foundation. I’ve found my favourite products to use under it (the olay complete spf range is good) but did have a bit of trial and error, anything to lipid rich and it does move around but anything too ‘matte’ can cause the foundation to cling. My favourite brushes to apply are Real Techniques buffing and contour brushes to really help pull and spread the product, I find with these brushes I can continue to deposit and buff coverage even when the brush feels dry. Personally I’ve found a beauty blender does not work with this, particularly if you are dry because your skin is fighting for moisture from the damp sponge and the foundation and then it just looks patchy. I also like to set this with the Laura Mercier Baked Radiance powder, it brings life with no sparkle and locks in the foundation. The shades are a little tricky too...I have 3 actually, cool bone, ecru and desert beige depending on the weather and if I have any tan!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Some MU items are classic for a reason. Very few MU products become instant HGs to me and this is one of them. I'm so happy with my purchase. It's highly covering and gives a beautiful finish. It's called a "stay-in-place MU", let me tell you, it does NOT move all day. I swear, I wore it for over 12 hours as I was travelling and my face still looked good at the end ! I agree with other reviewers as it gets better as the day goes by. However, it dries quite fast so you need to blend it quickly. I find it works perfectly with the RT complexion brush. I like that it has no pump because I can control how much product I need, you usually end up with more than you want with pumps.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

on 1/15/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have oily skin and want a long wear, medium coverage upon first coat, full coverage with 2 coats foundation, JUST GET IT. It really is the BEST on the market. I have been there, done that, and CONTINUE to venture out just out of curiosity and this remains untouchable for HG. All the other samples of enticing new foundations get tossed and I apologize to my double wear while kissing the bottle the next morning. Also, the shade match is the most impeccable I've found in ANY brand ever. A $42 bottle lasts me 2-3 months, and for almost every day use and such a reliable product, I find that to be a good price. My Estee Lauder counter gave me a pump for free & I just sanitize it and reuse it with each repurchase. But I think it's like 10 bucks, just get it if you don't make friends with your SA.

Disclaimers:
- Because the texture of this foundation is like PAINT (in a good way that feels very comfortable to the skin) you HAVE to have a moisturized base to lay it down on or it will NOT LOOK GOOD. It covers like a dream so if you have acne or issues you will love it, but you have to make sure your skin is hydrated first.
- If you are really oily like me, it's not a miraculous enough product that you still don't have to set with powder and setting spray. I start to look dewy at the 4-6 hour mark depending on the weather (but experience no dissappearance or patchiness which is why this is bomb). At that time I like to blot and/or apply pressed translucent powder and it looks good like I just applied for at least another 4 hours.
- Technique is very relative to how you're going to like this foundation. I find using a duo fibre brush to buff it in using light layers makes it look like my skin is naturally airbrushed. If you apply it with a damp beauty blender, it sheers it out alot & you get a very see thru light coverage, and I find the lasting power struggles even after setting powder and setting spray when using that method. Which might be what some people are going for, and in that case, applied that way those people will dig this foundation too.