Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 2/10/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

mmm well i have oily skin with some spots jut just a few....This product gives you a full coverage ,it has a good duration and you will look just a bit white in photos cause SPF...The big DISADVANTAGE it is that clog your pores and skin cannot breath ...i have to do antiacne therapy after this foundation...Not for everyday!!!Warning girls!!!

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.

on 1/22/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I constantly try out new foundations, hoping I'll find one that's better, but every time I do I always think to myself "why do I even bother... ELDW is the supreme just don't even try anymore".

I'm one of those people that just doesn't even understand the concept behind a foundation that only lasts a few hours until it starts falling apart. I refuse to spend like $40 on something that will only look good for 2 hours... like I have things to do that take longer than 2 hours and I'm gonna need to not look a mess while I'm doing them... sorry not sorry. This foundation is the only one that I, as an extremely oily person, have tried that looks good 8+ hours after applying it. No decomposing whatsoever. You slap this puppy on in the morning, come home in the evening and look at yourself in the mirror expecting a mess only to find that you still look 100% put-together. Incredible.

For dry or even normal people, this may be too matte. As an oily person, though, the oils from my skin make this foundation look very natural after about 30 mins of wear. I cannot sing the praises of this foundation enough, just wish it came with a pump (you can buy those for like $2 online though)

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/3/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG foundation, definitely! I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and we all know how hard it is to find a foundation that looks like skin, covers well, and doesnt make you look like a greaseball at the end of the day.

This takes the cake. I've used it to parties and even my 8 to 5 job. It really stays on. I recommend using a Beautyblender or a damp sponge to apply as this foundation is quite thick and is a bit tricky to blend. A damp Beautyblender will help dilute the formula a bit and will make it a breeze to apply, and will lessen any cakiness heavy-duty foundations always create. It does highlight any flakiness you might have, so make sure to moisturize well (I recommend facial oils as a prep!)

As a whole, it is a bit of a high-maintenance foundation (you need to apply to well-moisturized skin and you need to blend quickly), but it does mattify beautifully and stay all day, which works for me. Although this tends to have a whitecast on me with flash photography, I find this photographs well (aka makes your skin look good).

I took down one lippie because of the tendency of the white cast and the price (but you only need a little amount to cover the entire face).

I really do love this foundation albeit pricey $$$. Worth it though. It's awesome to find a foundation that really allows you to build layers--provides me with both light and thicker coverage. A little goes a longgggg way. I've got a pretty pink/red cherry face naturally and this really camouflages all that

I do find the product dries fast so I apply it with a damp beauty blender sponge to my face. Having double-whammy combo skin, I get pretty oily in my t-zone and this foundation holds up pretty well against that, even without using a primer. So that gives it more brownie points

I do kind of hate that it doesn't have a pump top. Mostly because I'm half asleep when applying this in the morning and I end up pouring a monstrous amount onto my hand

on 12/30/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin, so usually by mid-afternoon my makeup has melted off my face. Not a pretty sight! I had read good reviews and while I hate changing foundation it was made so easy. I was colour matched and given a sample to try, which lasted about a week and I just love it. I have slight redness and scarring but this product is great. It gives full and even coverage without looking cakey. It lasts all day and when I say all day, I mean 18+ hours. The product is thick and dries quickly and once it's set, it just stays put! My perfect match is 1W2 Sand as I'm fair but olive toned. In comparison, I was Mac Studio Fix NC15. I recommend asking for a sample from the counter so as not to waste your money if the colours not quite right.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation on and off for around five years with the occasional break to try something new. Each time I've tried something new, most recently Napoleon Perdis and MAC, I always end up coming back to this as it lasts the longest. I've noticed that if I set it with EL Double Wear powder it gets cakey and oily within an hour or so, but if I set it with EL mineral powder it starts matte all day.