Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 4/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

Number one foundation. It smoothes all imperfections, pores become invisible and whenever I wear this foundation I just fall in love with my skin. Its not difficult to apply, but I have to pay attention and have a good light when applying it. Lasts forever. Sweat resistant. Not drying. Hard to wash off.

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase

on 4/20/2017 2:27:00 AM

I love this foundation. I will say it definitely took some getting used to, and I had to try a few different ways of applying it to make it work best for me. Once I got the hang of it, however, it is absolutely flawless with every single application! I have oily skin and after a lot of trial and error I discovered that for the most perfect coverage for my skin type, I need to mix the Double Wear with a bit of serum (I use Lauder Idealist or Lancôme Visionnaire). Then I apply with a dense foundation brush, buffing outward from the center of my face. I find that for me, the primers I have tried with Double Wear tend to make it look a bit splotchy, so I skip a primer with this foundation. Sometimes I set with a little powder but usually the Double Wear + serum is perfect. Wish the bottle had a pump but besides that, Double Wear lives up to its hype! Play with it a bit and find what works best for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and have absolutely no regrets about buying it, granted I am not usually a high-end foundation splurger because I feel like there are some great drugstore options available.

My only issue with this foundation, if you could call it that, is that I bought it under the impression it was full coverage when I find it to be more of a medium coverage. Is that a problem? No, because I have several medium coverage foundations that are well-loved, and my skin has been doing pretty well as of late so it's not really needed, but after hearing so much hype on how doll-like this makes the skin look, I was preparing for an almost immediate flawless canvas.

I was able to build this up in a couple areas where I wanted a bit of extra coverage and it ended up looking gorgeous, so I was a little mad at myself for being slightly disappointed at first. It does have a perfect satiny, not dewy but not totally matte finish that sits very natural on the skin. I can imagine all skin types playing well with this because it did not dry down totally at first, but after being set with powder it did not get oily at all throughout the day.

This truly did last very well after many hours of wear, and I didn't notice any of the telltale signs of bad foundation- separation, oxidizing, dry patches or breakouts. I have heard this has considerable flashback in flash photos, so I won't be risking that, but otherwise this is a fantastic everyday foundation that can be trusted with long hours of wear. The lack of a pump is somewhat irritating, but nothing I can't get past.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this as all of the foundations I have previously used have worn off by around 3pm, and I had heard great things about its staying power. Unfortunately it was so patchy on my skin by the afternoon, and clung to any dry bits that I still had to reapply later in the day. I also found it too thick, and resorted to mixing it with my moisturiser as the coverage was too intense and made me look like I'd piled it on.

I bought this product after reading a ton of reviews with people who make this their go-to. My first application wasn't exactly life changing or anything but I kept trying with different application methods mentioned on various tutorials. I used primer, no primer, exfoliated before and moisturized. I used a beauty blender, various different brushes and after all that I'm just left thinking Meh.

For me I felt like it aged my skin and sucked the life out of my complexion. Maybe I'm just not a full face matte person. I can't deny it covered everything pretty well but it got to the point where I'd rather show a zit than have such a dull complexion. In my experience it settled into lines and pores. I work 12 hr shifts and even if the coverage was still there my skin just looked worse and worse as the shift went on.

I still have half the bottle and will retry in the summer when my skin isn't as dry.

on 3/19/2017 9:06:00 AM

I love this foundation. My mother has used it since she was in high school and she has great skin even today. So, now I use it! It gives a matte finish somewhat so that you really do not need to add powder, unless you just prefer it after to smooth things over. It has been around a long time so you know they must be doing something right!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have dehydrated combo skin. Ive been searching for years for a foundation that would not separate on my face. I used MUFE mat velvet for a few years but found it to be too matte and made me flakey. Colorstay was a little better but still very drying. I found this gem and have been hooked. I use a hydrating primer underneath and apply this with my Tarte airbursh brush and my face is absolutely AMAZING. I actually enjoy doing my makeup now whereas before I dreaded it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 2/10/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

mmm well i have oily skin with some spots jut just a few....This product gives you a full coverage ,it has a good duration and you will look just a bit white in photos cause SPF...The big DISADVANTAGE it is that clog your pores and skin cannot breath ...i have to do antiacne therapy after this foundation...Not for everyday!!!Warning girls!!!