Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After I've started using this product, I came to know that what the word "holy grail product" actually means. Formerly I used to think that it is normal for foundations to come off from my face with smartphone screen, or crease after a few hours. But after I've started using this foundation, my expectation from the 'foundation' department has been sky-touching! It is expensive, but I don't regret spending my money on it. In fact, I'll certainly purchase another bottle, when I'll use it all up. It worths every penny.

on 11/18/2017 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me break out...at first I figured it must be because I didn’t take off my makeup at night before (sometimes I do tend to get lazy) but even when I do take off my makeup at night, I’d notice the next day, a cystic acne would start to appear! Also, it does oxidise. And I’m not a fan of high coverage foundation even though I have blemishes. I prefer to put on light-medium coverage foundation that looks like skin to even out my skin tone and I put on Laura Mercier concealer to cover my acne spots. I stopped using this after a few usage and will definitely not repurchase this.

on 11/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Pros:
Medium-high coverage
Very long wearing

Cons:
The fact the bottle has no pump and you have to tip it out is irritating. For the price it should have a pump
Patchy and accentuates dry patches/acne etc
Because its so long wearing the colour is so flat on and dry/dull looking on

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

on 9/26/2017 11:29:00 PM

I'll start with the pros of this foundation:

-Photographs well
-Stays in Place (the claim is not lying- I wore it for 8 hours straight and it did not budge)
-Blends well
-Does not cause breakouts
-Excellent full coverage that doesn't look cakey

Cons:
-Oxidises
-Difficult to find a match despite all the shades
-Made my normal skin feel tight/elastic/stiff sort of like it has a rubber agent or something in it
-My skin felt 'heavy' when I had it on (heavier than Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation)
-Difficult to remove. I really had to scrub my skin to get this off, and even after I showered and exfoliated, there were still some traces of makeup on my face

Review:
I do like this foundation and I think it is a good quality product that does what it says, and I will save it for when I am going out and don't want my makeup to melt off my face. Other than that, I just feel as if the cons outweigh this foundation for me over the pros. I have Olive/Tan skin with mostly neutral undertones. I was matched with Shell Beige- on application, this foundation easily looked 2 shades too light for my skin. Even when blended in, it still looked a little too light. However, I waited a couple of hours and the formula oxidized, and then it *mostly* matched my skin. It photographs beautifully in natural daylight, however I noticed once it became evening and into night, again, the foundation actually looked too light for my skin- with and without flash. Not entirely unexpected considering it wasn't a perfect match even with oxidization. However, if you have found a perfect match with this foundation, I feel as if it would photograph beautifully in any light. I have tried to try other shades, but the shades up from Shell Beige are too pink for my skin. I really wish companies would manufacture more darker shades for neutral undertones, but overall I think EL have done a good job of making so many shades available for different skin colors and tones as lots of people seem to have found their match with this foundation. The other thing is that this foundation felt heavy on my face- and my skin felt very stiff/tight when I had it on. I can overlook that though, due to the fantastic non-transfer qualities and coverage this makeup has.

If they introduce more shades I'd definitely give it another go, but for now I wont be repurchasing.

on 9/19/2017 1:12:00 PM

I was first introduced to this foundation a few years back when I walked into Sephora and told them my oily skin needed something bullet proof. I have been using this foundation on and off ever since. The reason I am not loyal to this foundation are the few, but major, flaws in this formula.

First, no matter what I do, applying less, applying it with a different brush, applying with a primer, applying without (the list goes on), it always looks shiny! I find that it never fully dries down... what the eff? I hate this finish because i always look like a wax figure. I do apply powder to set (which i have also changed to accommodate to the fact that this does nothing to control my oil) and just to echo what everyone else is saying, the lack of a pump is really some BS, especially when paying $50 for a foundation. This foundation is also not easy to work with if you need to apply another layer and easily cakes up. For something that does not control oil, this still somehow manages to make me dry in areas and accentuate dry patches. And if i accidentally use too much and apply some under my eyes, man do they look worse for wear.

With all the negatives out of the way, its time to address the reasons why i do re-purchase. The main reason that I run back to this foundation is for the fact that it truly is "stay-in-place" makeup. When applied, no matter how much i blot, and I blot almost every hour, it is still left on my skin at the end of the day. My perfect colour match is ivory nude, but when matched by a rep. they gave me bone and sweet jesus i looked like a sweet potato at the end of the day, so be careful when matching. At the end of the day, if i could give it an HG status based on the sole reason that it doesn't budge, then i would. But with all other foundations on the market, the search continues for something better.

on 9/8/2017 4:16:00 PM

I've been wearing this for a few years, tried things in between but always come back to this. I need something matte and long wearing that doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I have oily, large pores, acne prone skin btw & I can't use anything with SD alcohol aka alcohol denat. because of my sensitive skin.
Tarte - Breaks me out
MUFE mat velvet + - Caused overload of oil production
Nars luminous - I was luminous alright
Nars TM- greasy mess
Laura Mercier TM - See above
Too faced Peach - Looked dull and broke me out after a week of daily wear

... anyways you get the idea, nothing works for me. I continue the hunt for something less heavy duty that can control my oil or at least not leave me looking messy, until then I wear ELDW on the daily. Winter I am 2N1 Desert Beige and sometimes Sand, then in summer I am the shade Tawny.

This is best applied with a brush or sponge - fingers work in a pinch but it doesn't blur/fill as well

on 7/30/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to wear double wear years ago before they changed my colour (shell beige) and the formula. I decided to try it out again, I got a sample in the colour Buff.
I used a blending brush to apply, easy to blend apart from on my nose, which I always find difficult, I think due to oily skin. Colour began to oxidise which meant it ended up being to dark. Should also mention, which is my fault, I decided to go with that colour because I thought it would go with my tan best, and as I don't put tan on my face felt there was no point colour matching my face as I am very pale. It felt like I had ALOT of make up on, and I usually like a medium- full coverage but this felt to much.
I also noticed dots appearing on my nose, which is usually because of the oil coming through.
I was gutted this foundation didn't work out for me as I know how much I loved it before. I know lots of people who love this foundation so I wouldn't want to put someone off trying it as I'm sure it would be perfect for someone else!

on 7/28/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time HG! Still haven't found anything that works or wears better that this stuff. I recently gave the new version - Double wear nude water fresh one a try. Don't be fooled, it does not wear anything at all like the original. And it's definitely not for us oily skinned girls. So back to the original I go. The packaging of course could be a bit better if they added a pump, but I got myself one from mac that fits like a glove.