Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 6/4/2017 4:55:00 AM

I think this is the closest I've come to my "holy grail" foundation. To deal with issues with pigmentation/acne scarring/redness, I have tried multiple foundations ranging from dewy to matte, medium to full coverage and this is probably my favourite foundation I've come across. I had always overlooked Estee Lauder in the past and gone for more youthful/stylish high end brands but I'm so glad I tried this one.

For me, I love the durability as I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and the last thing I want to worry about is that my makeup is slipping off my face or transferring throughout the day. I often get people commenting on how 'fresh' I look even after a night shift which I have Double Wear to thank for! Honestly, it doesn't budge.

I agree that it can get cakey (can't all full coverage, long wear foundations?) but I have combination/dry skin and have found the most effective way to combat this is to apply with a damp beauty blender. I only set with the Double Wear powder if I really need a full finish. As I typically prefer a more "glow-ey" look (but wanted the benefit of a full coverage and long wearing foundation which I just couldn't find with a dewy product), I use an illuminating primer (Mecca 'Lit From Within' Primer for any Australians!) and finished with the Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray.

As everybody else has mentioned, the packaging is less than ideal and would benefit from a pump but that's my only complaint! I also think that by Australian standards, the pricing is extremely reasonable- I've spent $100 on foundations I've liked far less.

on 5/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Great foundation. Theres a bit of a learning curve to get over when first using it. Silicon primer does very well underneath (dont use water based) and if you have a great skin care routine with great skin its even easier to the point you can apply it with your fingers and it looks perfect. Otherwise applying with a flat top foundation brush (ive used IT cosmetics brand) has also produced amazing results as well.
It lasts all day 12 hours +
Theres no oxidation
Ive swam in the ocean and its held up fine
Nice medium to almost full coverage (many tout it can be used to spot conceal but i dont find that it does that very well)
Great range of shades

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP! This stuff is for REAL! It is NOT for the faint-hearted! I'm sick of people whinging that it's 'very dry' 'impossible to apply' and 'cakey' because a foundation that literally stays on for like 24 hours is always going to be a tumultuous ride if you ask me. It really is a case of trading off a little bit of your comfort for flawless looking skin for a long period of time.

I swear by this for activities including: going clubbing for 6 hours, working a 16 hour shift, going for a run ..probably a triathlon although I haven't done it.

What I'm trying to convey here is that this sh*t doesn't go anywhere, you need to apply it with a WET sponge for the best application, if you use a brush it's too thick and can become cakey. Also, you can use it very sparingly if you don't need that extreme coverage that a thicker application does provide.

It could definitely do with a pump lid rather than just a screw on one.. but if that would drive the price up then I would rather battle it out without one as it's fairly pricey. (Although there are other similar options that charge a lot more IMO)

I will continue to use this product because it means I basically never have to touch up my makeup when I'm out and about, and I don't have to worry about it (ain't nobody got time for that)

on 5/24/2017 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you have dry skin and want to use this product prepare to do a lot of prep so it doesn't completely dry out your skin. Even then, wearing a moisturiser under this foundation makes it not set for hours so it transfers every time you touch your face.

I also found that it enhanced the fine lines around my eyes and cracks when I smile.

Can't argue with the coverage though. It's very full coverage and probably best for someone with normal or oily skin.

On my 5th bottle of this, it's my favourite. My colour is shell when I'm fair and fresco when I'm tanned. Double wear has good staying power, is sweat proof, full coverage and doesn't settle noticeable into fine lines. This contains spf 15 but in photographs it doesn't flash back. It has an almost chocolatey scent. Downside is no pump so I buy one from mac.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. I have dark skin with different shades of brown and I find that this foundation from Estee Lauder covers my face up perfectly! I also have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin and I never have any problems using this foundation. I've tried other brands and even tried make-up specifically for "acne-prone" skin and have had problems with them.

I also love it because they offer dark shade that blends my face smoothly without leaving a white, ashy, or redish tone like other made-up. You know which ones I'm taking about...

It is expensive, but it's so worth it! Plus if I think about the amount of foundations I use to buy in search of the "right" one, this is cheaper for sure.

Oh, p.s. did I mention that it stay on for the whole day? And it doesn't rub off on your clothes?

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 4N1 for summer. I already use tanning bed so it is only a bit darker than my skin but it blends perfectly. It is little cakey for my taste when I apply it but since I am extremly oily it become dewy and it is amazing. Looks very natural on me. I use small amount and I see it will last forever. I notice main diffrence between cheap and expensive foundation- cheap ones I bought every month since I use bigger amount so with pricey foundation I save money. I can't imagine someone with dry skin using double wear. I think it is perfect for oily and very oily skin. I wear it now for 8 hours and my skin looks amazing. I am not oily which is miracle, I have natural dewy perfect skin. Only complain is bottle without pump. It is such shame.

Love it. Nice consistency a little goes a long way. Hate the packaging would prefer a squirty bottle but its still a great product. Considering I use it everyday its a little expensive but a great product.

on 5/1/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my HG foundation for sure! No matter how much I try other foundations I keep finding myself missing this one ! Best staying power out of any foundation I've ever tried and best coverage. I love it. It's full coverage and glam looking. So it will look like you have foundation on but it will look like you have FLAWLESS gorgeous foundation on. I love it so much I was hooked ever since I tried it almost 2 years ago. I repurchase it instantly every time it runs out