Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

on 1/15/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have oily skin and want a long wear, medium coverage upon first coat, full coverage with 2 coats foundation, JUST GET IT. It really is the BEST on the market. I have been there, done that, and CONTINUE to venture out just out of curiosity and this remains untouchable for HG. All the other samples of enticing new foundations get tossed and I apologize to my double wear while kissing the bottle the next morning. Also, the shade match is the most impeccable I've found in ANY brand ever. A $42 bottle lasts me 2-3 months, and for almost every day use and such a reliable product, I find that to be a good price. My Estee Lauder counter gave me a pump for free & I just sanitize it and reuse it with each repurchase. But I think it's like 10 bucks, just get it if you don't make friends with your SA.

Disclaimers:
- Because the texture of this foundation is like PAINT (in a good way that feels very comfortable to the skin) you HAVE to have a moisturized base to lay it down on or it will NOT LOOK GOOD. It covers like a dream so if you have acne or issues you will love it, but you have to make sure your skin is hydrated first.
- If you are really oily like me, it's not a miraculous enough product that you still don't have to set with powder and setting spray. I start to look dewy at the 4-6 hour mark depending on the weather (but experience no dissappearance or patchiness which is why this is bomb). At that time I like to blot and/or apply pressed translucent powder and it looks good like I just applied for at least another 4 hours.
- Technique is very relative to how you're going to like this foundation. I find using a duo fibre brush to buff it in using light layers makes it look like my skin is naturally airbrushed. If you apply it with a damp beauty blender, it sheers it out alot & you get a very see thru light coverage, and I find the lasting power struggles even after setting powder and setting spray when using that method. Which might be what some people are going for, and in that case, applied that way those people will dig this foundation too.

on 1/6/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hi All,

I am reviewing estee lauder stay in place make up shade Ivory rose. When i bought this at the store it kind of suited my skin color but after coming back from there i tried it at home it looked too bright/light. It doesn't really look natural. I called the store and told them about it but they are not ready to exchange it because I have opened the bottle. I have no clue what to do with it. I found this forum i am hoping that it will be of some help to me. I have the bill too with the cover it is still brand new.Please anyone interested to buy this shade i can give it for a much lesser price. Please let me know.
Email me at Nausheen1113@gmail.com

Thanks

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

on 12/21/2017 5:07:00 AM

The foundation with the best staying power. However, it’s a bit drying around the corners of my mouth and chin. I also get little bumps on the sides of my nose. They all disappear with a spritz of rose water. I only use this foundation when I know I have long days. Otherwise, if it’s a typical work day of 10 hours, I use Dior Star as I don’t get any reactions from it and the freedom of foundation coming out from a pump. Double Wear is also quite difficult to manage when putting it on. Definitely need a tool of some sort for that blurring effect. I am still trying to find my correct shade. I have tried three colours and all were a bit off in one way or another.

on 12/16/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Always avoided the foundation because it didn't cater to my skin tone. I recently realized they have expanded their line and went for a bottle.

I have had such bad luck with foundations lately. Nothing has been sticking past 2 hours. I only wore tinted moisturizer.

This works. I don't even have to set my foundation and it stays all day. Not the most beautiful finish from the get go but it melts into my skin within an hour and it looks great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After I've started using this product, I came to know that what the word "holy grail product" actually means. Formerly I used to think that it is normal for foundations to come off from my face with smartphone screen, or crease after a few hours. But after I've started using this foundation, my expectation from the 'foundation' department has been sky-touching! It is expensive, but I don't regret spending my money on it. In fact, I'll certainly purchase another bottle, when I'll use it all up. It worths every penny.

on 11/18/2017 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me break out...at first I figured it must be because I didn’t take off my makeup at night before (sometimes I do tend to get lazy) but even when I do take off my makeup at night, I’d notice the next day, a cystic acne would start to appear! Also, it does oxidise. And I’m not a fan of high coverage foundation even though I have blemishes. I prefer to put on light-medium coverage foundation that looks like skin to even out my skin tone and I put on Laura Mercier concealer to cover my acne spots. I stopped using this after a few usage and will definitely not repurchase this.