Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first ever MUA review! Here we go!

About about my skin: no acne, a bit of acne scarring, slight discoloration on the cheek bones, nose and chin, normal skin which goes dry in winter. I use the shade Fresco.

I haven't purchased this foundation yet, but I have tried several samples. Have only applied it with a beauty blender - no brush.

The first time I wore this was a nightmare. I applied way to much, didn't use a primer, set it with powder AND used concealer. I had no idea how full coverage it really is. I wore it for about 8 hours but it felt dry and tight very quickly. Having heard so many good things about this foundation I decided to give it a few more tries and I am so happy I did.

I use it on thoroughly moisturized skin (hydrating serum + moisturizer + Maybellines hydrating primer) and it works really well. I don't apply too much as I find it gets cake really fast if you do. No concealer, no setting powder. I just let it dry down and then go over the creasing in my fine lines under the eye with the clean side of the beauty blender to absorb left-over product. After having done the rest of my makeup I set it with setting spray and that's it.

I LOVE it. Here in Scandinavia it is getting quite cold and therefore it always wear a scarf when it go out. This foundation is the only foundation I have ever tried that does not transfer AT ALL. It stays put all day, no matter what.

It is absolutely on the dry side, so I strongly recommend that you moisturize really well before applying this, but other than that it's a great foundation. It does give you that "ghost look" when you apply it because it's SO full coverage, but I don't mind. I like to shape my face with bronzer, countour and blush. The best thing about it is that I don't need concealer under my eyes with this foundation.

Definitely will buy whenever I can afford it!

on 11/18/2018 4:04:00 AM

MUA, I’m telling you now and listen to when I say this... It’s thick! It’s not a watery based consistency whatsoever so don’t expect a dewy sheer finish. You can add moisturizer to your foundation to make it dewy and lighter if you want.

It does, however, cover and conceal amazingly. Its the only foundation that doesn’t break me out. I tried so many foundations, from Becca to Mac to Fenty to Clinque to Lancome and Cheap Drugstore Foundations.. I always come back to this.

I still haven’t found my favourite. I wish I didn’t like the Double Wear foundation so much because its thick and super expensive. But there’s a reason I’ve stuck to it for many years.

Highly recommend to use beauty blender with it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color match was perfect, but it looked cakey and emphasized pores. What I would expect from a drugstore foundation so I returned it.

on 10/22/2018 6:31:00 AM

Okaaay so I have used this for the last 10 years, on and off. After about 6 years of using it I wanted to see if I could find any other foundations and just explore a little... I’ve tried many foundations, Clinique, Nars, Dior, mac, too faced, and the list goes on.

Nothing beats Estée Lauder double wear for me. I always come back to it. The price is high yet it lasts for a long time and it stays on my skin so well, but I like to set it with a powder. I don’t usually use it by itself but I’ve heard good things with just itself. One bottle lasts me between 1 year to a year and a half and I use makeup almost every day. You don’t really need to use much since it has got quite a lot of coverage.

Surprisingly, this does not dry out my dry skin since it’s a quite heavy and matte foundation. I use this in the Norwegian winter and it doesn’t affect it all. It doesn’t cling onto my dry spots but I always make sure I moisturise well beforehand. It doesn’t settle into my fine lines either or it doesn’t budge. I like to use urban decays optical illusion complexion primer underneath this and I set it with Nyxs HD translucent powder. It stays put all day. At the end of the day, it becomes more of a nice dewy look for me.

At one point I thought that this was contributing to some really bad acne that I got several years ago. I decided to stop using it and try out something less heavy. My acne went away and so I thought the foundation wasn’t that good. Again after some years I decided to try this out because the price was cheaper in Australia ($50 AUD) and I remembered that I loved how long it stayed put on my skin. I didn’t get acne this time (wuhu! :D) So I think it was probably from hormones and also because I didn’t have the best skincare routine back then either. You REALLY need to make sure you remove this properly and cleanse your skin otherwise you may get some clogged pores and tada, there’s the skin problems. I find that with many foundations do this either way if you don’t remove the makeup/cleanse anyway. :)

Application: I used to use my fingers when I was younger but I had found that kinda made me look a bit cakier than what i wanted... so I highly recommend using a damp sponge. I use the real techniques sponge for this and I think it evens the foundation out perfectly. Ever since using the sponge I no longer have a cakey look :)

For the packaging, as many people have stated, a pump should have come with this for hygienic purposes. But I thiiiiink you can actually buy the Estée Lauder pump seperately or if you can’t find that, Mac or Clinique have good ones that will fit the bottle.

Shade range:
Back when I first started using the ELDW, there wasn’t an impressive amount of shades but now they’ve really stepped up their game. The new additions are great! I have a friend who has super pale skin and she’s always struggled to find her perfect shade. She tried DW before the pale shades came in and now she’s very satisfied.
For me, I am around a Mac nc 15/20. I like to use between ELDW 1n1/1w1 for winter and 1n2/1w2 for summer. I have a neutral skin tone leaning warm. If I need to change anything, I sometimes mix them together or I mix in the smallest amount of turmeric depending on what shade I want to achieve.

I’d say give it a go. It’s worth getting a sample. This is my holy grail and I hope it works out for you :)

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 9/27/2018 3:43:00 AM

After 2 days of application, I had lots of pimples on my face. I think I am allergic to this product. I advise you to do a test on a small part of ​​your face before using it. Do not hesitate to ask for a sample.

on 8/31/2018 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and live in a humid country this foundation is for you. But for it to have a flawless look you have to makesure you really prep your skin before application, that is, masks, serums, moisturisers and hydrating primers etc.. This foundation does have a tendency to look cakey, best application item is a beauty blender and just press it in your skin till you feel like it has become part of your skin. Also, if you have acne prone skin then this may cause breakouts as this foundation just clings to your skin, so do save this foundation for special occasions.If i have an important event, then this is the foundation i grab...

on 8/25/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this foundation and wore it regularly in my early to mid twenties, I stopped wearing for it a while as it was beginning to break me out as heavy foundations often do on my skin. I went back to it a year or two later, my skin had aged slightly with some lines around eyes and smile lines, it really accentuated these lines on my face and I immediately had to take it off.
Its a great foundation in that it could withstand a bomb and not budge its also full coverage and smooth on application but doesnt work on my skin anymore.

on 8/24/2018 4:40:00 AM

This foundation just does not work for me. I have oily, blemish prone skin and heard so many great things about this foundation. I had it applied by a makeup artist as part of my wedding makeup trial, it didn’t last for more than a few hours before it became dark and patchy with oily areas. It was used with a decent NARS primer and finishing powder along with a MAC setting spray. It just isn’t good for very oily skin. I looked like I’d bathed in fake tan and baby oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I have ever repurchased. I have owned three of these, never in my proper shade. The cool shades are too pink, the warm tones are way too orange and the neutral tones are also too pink.

On one hand, the coverage is beautiful, I have terrible acne and it helps cover it very nicely. I wear this and often feel a lot more confident. I also feel like it doesn't emphasize pores, but it's quite easy to make it look cakey. I prefer using a brush to apply it and then going over that with a sponge just to give me the most coverage.

On the other hand, this is horrible at controlling my oils. I have very oily skin and I live in an extremely hot and humid climate where sweating ensues within seconds of stepping outside of my car. This foundation actually makes me look sweaty within minutes after putting it on in an air-conditioned room. It also rubs off on everything and anything. RIP to all my white shirts' collars because they're now the colour of my foundation. It creases horribly in my smile line area but I barely have smile lines? I just do not like this foundation on myself. I kept buying it because it did the trick. I now have found better options and do not thing I will ever repurchase it,