Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/26/2017 8:49:00 PM

I kind of avoided this foundation for a while for 2 reasons - 1: the person who recommended it to me had a face caked up in orange and I didn't want my makeup to look like that ... basically I was afraid it would oxidise on my skin. 2: it's for oily skin (mine is only slightly oily) and I've heard it promises a very matte powdery finish which I hate the look of. I prefer my skin to look a bit dewy and natural. Finally I went and got a sample and the first thing I'll say is I got matched absolutely perfectly which is rare for me. I took it home and tried it out, and the finish was a nice satin finish, which was slightly dewy with a finishing spray and very natural when used sparingly. It lasted for the rest of the day and I wore it to work the next day, where it lasted all day again, from 8am to 8pm when I took my makeup off, with no deterioration. You can sheer it out to almost nothing, but the coverage is great if you need it.

The only con, as everyone says, is the packaging. This is a high end foundation and should have a pump, but it doesn't. Honestly I don't know how they get away with it, especially since a pump only costs a few dollars more. If anyone knows if it's possible to buy a high quality pump which fits the thread on the opening of the bottle let me know?

So yeah a really good comfortable long wearing foundation with great neutral shades, absolutely worth the money. Just make sure you don't keep the lid off the bottle for too long.

I've already reviewed this foundation like 4x but now I'm back because I have additional comments on it (because I care about my makeup that much and I'm not ashamed of it).

Is it just me or do certain newer bottles of ELDW feel like they've been, erm... reformulated? This is hard to explain but I'll do my best. I've bought several shades over the last few months to play with because it's summer and I'm tanning. It's almost as if the the most recent stock-ups of Double Wear feel slightly more runny and have less of that cement-esque feel that I remember. Picked up a shade of 2W0 Warm Vanilla (new shade) and it felt oddly different. Ended up returning it because it was too pale and exchanged it for 2W2 Rattan which was thicker, more coverage and had the slight tacky feeling after application. Its almost as if Estee Lauder tried to do a sneaky reformulation and now the older bottles are swimming around with the new ones...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This foundation definitely stays in place like it says but it seems to show more than hide my pores. I have large pores and use Benefits Porefessional as well as a primer but it still manages to show them which could be different with others. My skin is very pale so it is hard to find a foundation that matches my skin tone and doesn't leave me looking like a Cheeto but I use the shade Ivory Nude and use loose, translucent face powder to set it and so far that has worked for me in not achieving the Cheeto look lol. It's worth the money and lasts a while, I would just recommend experimenting with it and seeing how you can optimize it to its full potential.

on 7/9/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

on 7/8/2017 7:46:00 PM

This is my holy frail foundation. I tried so many that I had this one in my Sephora cart months before trying it. I didn't want to waste anymore money.
Surprisingly, my skin is quite dry but this works amazing for it. I do not have to wear any setting powder and it doesn't crease under my eyes. Most days I don't use any concealer. It truly lasts all day, too. I have put this on and left the house at 7am and not washed it off until close to 10pm (although I try not to ever have makeup on that long) and it looked the same as when I had first applied it.
It does not clog my pores or irritate my skin at all, so I am able to wear this everyday if I feel like it. A lot of foundations always break me out and I need to give my skin a break from using them. Not this one! Also the color match is spot on. I am the lightest shade but it doesn't leave me feeling like a ghost.
Lastly, this is my first foundation that I've finished an entire bottle of. Already repurchased.

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need, no shit chat, no talking about cats and dogs... just facts and the foundation enjoy! :)

I always go back to this foundation. Love/hate relationship. I apply this with a damp beauty blender for less coverage. If I want a little more coverage I apply this foundation with a sigma f80. I have dry skin due to the fact that I was accutane twice. I love the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day with this foundation, after one application I know that I am good to go, although the more I start using it on a daily basis I find the texture of my skin to dry out and look dull. Also due to the fact that this foundation can be very heavy I find that it can clog my pores. I have tried to switch to other foundations but always seem to come back, mainly due to the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day and the color selection is spot on.
I have recently tried Maybelline matte and poreless foundation but realized that you get what you pay for, and for me personally I would rather spend a little more on my foundation, looks like I'm going back to my double wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Best foundation i have ever tried. The only con is the fact that it doesn't come with pump.

on 6/26/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If you wondering if you should but this LET ME just SAY BUY THIS!
It is the BEST foundation ever!! The coverage is amazing and lasts allll day... will defs buy it again once I run out :)
And the price is very decent as well!

on 6/18/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation for years now. I will always recommend this as my holy grail. I have normal to oily skin with a breakout here and there. It has amazing coverage that is buildable. It stays in place and as long as you use a good mattifying primer to prevent it from getting oily. I can't say enough good things about this foundation and the price is worth what you get.