Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

I am a huge die-hard fan for Kryolan Ultra foundation.
I must admit once I started using this product i became obsessed with it. It looks great on the skin, easy to use and they have a great skin tone range for colours.
It does tend to dry and set quickly, so use small amounts at a time and spread. Otherwise you will get a slight cakey look.
Great to use on the beauty blender. Slightly pricey but worth it

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It took me about 4 times to find my actual color and eve the last time I looked pretty yellow(rather look yellow than pink). The coverage was there but not as exaggerated as everyone says. My urban decay all nighter has more coverage. This foundation broke me out so bad :/ I had to return it right away. A dupe for this is probably the Loreal Pro Matte

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

on 1/23/2017 7:19:00 AM

After hearing mixed reviews about this foundation, some rave that it covers everything and lasts all day, and others saying it is thick, drying and "feels like cement", I finally decided to give it a shot on two occasions (so far). One on a particularly bad skin day, with a big pimple to hide, and second on a night out. I have oily skin.

First off, the packaging is crap. you have to pour it out into your hands - which is messy, and you have very little control over how much you get out. Probably because it is too thick to draw up through a pump, but a squeezy tube like the DW light could work.

Application felt horrible. It actually did feel a little like applying cement, it was thick and sticky and very difficult to blend. Perhaps a paint roller would have sufficed?

Having got the negatives out of the way, it did cover well and where I did manage to blend it the finish looked flawless. The shade was a good match too, and it did stay put all day without any shininess coming through. However it did start to come away in some areas, like it was drying up and peeling away.

Glad I tried it, but will save for bad skin days or special occasions. Would probably not repurchase.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.