Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

on 5/19/2017 1:43:00 PM

I got the shade honey bronze which is a nice honey shade if you want a nice tanned look, in terms of the actual foundation it is horrendous, starts of with a medium coverage but can very built up but still not amazing coverage, i like the finish it's a satin finish not a powder finish last looks smooth and healthy.
This foundation settles on my own pores and clings to my dry patches and I'm oily so I don't would stay away if your dry or ensure your skin is well prepped!
Packaging is annoying no pump hard to control how much product to dispense, considering the price and the super liquid formula Estée Lauder should have includes a pump??

WARNING: This review is not going to be about the formula of this amazing foundation but rather geared at people with a skin tone like mine who are having difficulty with the vast shade selection and differentiating between the undertones.

I have fair skin with a neutral undertone with a slight tinge of yellow on the neck and chest. I was originally matched at a department store to 1W1 Bone and went along with it for awhile but then later realized it was too yellow for me. This shade is a little disproportionate in my opinion because it's super yellow for how pale it is. Tried pretty much every other shade and some were better than others. 1C1 Cool Bone is fair but has a peachy orange undertone that I hated, 1N1 Ivory nude is a lovely creamy shade but a little *too* pale, 1N2 Ecru is an interesting shade that looks great on some days but weird on others, 2N1 Desert Beige is a unique shade that would look beautiful on somebody who has light skin with olive undertones etc.
Recently Estee Lauder released a couple new random shades so I decided to try 2W0 Warm Vanilla aaaaaand... it's perfect! It's actually less yellow than Bone. It's a really pretty shade for us girls that are pale skinned but with only slight yellow undertones. So I would concur that the numbering system is a little out of sync. It would probably be best to sample several shades before making the purchase of this foundation.

P.S If I am fake tanning I use (or mix) 3W1 Tawny because its such a beautiful olive tanned shade that doesn't look orange and complements the tan.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

I try so many products and i have sensitive acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause acne or cystic acne like others this is most important thing for me and this foundation have a buildable coverage and perfect for summer because realy stay in place all day

on 5/6/2017 12:52:00 AM

I have terrible dry/acne covered skin and this works well covering up my messy skin and not drying it out, BUT... I feel like it doesn't need to be so darn thick. If I apply as is, it looks like wet acrylic paint is on my face. I water it down a bit with some illuminating primer or strobe cream and it gives the incredible coverage. A little goes a long way. The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because of the packing. You have to pour it out. It gets everywhere and it collects under the cap (such a waste!).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.