Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/12/2017 6:59:00 AM

Pros:
-covers purple/ red acne scarring relatively well if built up (i use the RT miracle sponge and foundation shade 2w0, im a c25 in mac concealer and powder and 20 in maybelline fit my foundation for reference)
-doesnt wear off throughout the day (i blot my face around hour 3 as i get oily fast, if im feeling fancy then i'll dust over with my elf hd powder and pray with the mini fix plus i keep in my bag)

Cons:
-expensive (im from Hong Kong and makeup here is usually marked up, apparently in the US, this costs 39$ and I got mine for 47$)
-breaks apart on nose area really fast (my typical routine is foundation, concealer, set with powder but before i have even had the time to set with powder, i can already see it breaking apart on my nose, i didn't notice this at first and after i set my nose i saw the little dots of oil, it was gross and i tried building it up and fixing it with more foundation which didn't work and made it look worse and cakey, havent found a way past this so now i just use my healthy mix foundation on my nose and under my eyes in shade 51)
-doesn't seem hygienic and packaging is annoying as there is no pump

Not sure if would repurchase, i like it for my acne scarring but not sure if i would pay that much again or if i would rather just spend more time with concealer covering

on 2/23/2017 5:09:00 PM

In my opinion this foundation is ok... but I have dry patches and it clings to them. it settles into smile lines and sinks into my pores after about 2 hours and clogs them, especially in my T zone. I have to do a deep cleanse after use. It is full coverage and can look cakey if too much is applied or I re-apply powder
overall I don't recommend this foundation if your like me.

on 2/18/2017 4:54:00 AM

Very good coverage and stayed true to its claim that it is Long wearing, water and smear proof. Can look cakey after a few hours and settle into crease lines around mouth area. Blends amazingly and definitely one of my Favourite foundation

on 2/13/2017 7:44:00 AM

Definitely a must buy. Recently bought this for the first time, haven't even had it a week and I love it so much. Amazing product for people like me who have combination skin, doesn't dry the face out but also isn't too oily, feels very light on the face and is medium to full coverage depending on how much you build it up. The coverage is really good. I think this would be a great foundation for those who have mild/moderate acne as it doesn't have any ingredients that clog the pores. The foundation stays on all day and needs very minimal top up if ever needed. Makes the face look like an airbrush finish and applies really well with a sponge / beauty blender but a brush works miracles too. It also goes perfectly with the double wear concealer!!!! Happy customer and will definitely be buying this again when I run out!

P.s make sure to actually go in to the shop and get the right colour by asking for a colour match rather than just guessing online as there may be a few shades that match your skin tone and they can apply them all on your skin so you can pick your favourite shade.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

I had heard so much about this foundation and so many amazing reviews and decided to give it a go... However I'm not impressed. This foundation must be for more oily skin as I have quite dry skin and it doesn't work for me. It makes my skin look dry and powdery and Cakey in areas, no matter how little I put on and no matter how I apply it, it doesn't change the appearance! I was so excited to try this and I feel as if it's a complete waste of money when there's probably better drugstore foundations for dryer skin! Deffo give a go if your skin is oily tho!

Received this as a Christmas present (from my sister who went with me to get colour matched) so have not used it that much but here are my thoughts on it so far. I wore shade 2W1 Dawn
PROs:
Long lasting -over 10hour wear so far,
budge-proof,
Reasonably large colour range,
Dries fast and does not need setting with powder (unless in areas that are oily)
Didn't break me out and also feels really lightweight!

CONs
Quite difficult to clean off every bit with just face cleanser as it is so budge-proof but easy if you have an oil cleansing balm.
Shade was matched perfectly in store but it is much more orange on me in natural lighting!
Dries fast so you have to apply it quickly!
No pump and so poured way too much and so some went to waste.
It bunches up together around my nose but with a bit of strobe cream mixed it seemed to fix that problem!

Final thoughts:
It's an alright foundation but probably would buy a lighter shade!
Looks better as time goes on!
You would probably need to buy a pump (if you can find one that fits)
Works well with brushes more than a sponge (for me)
Little drying on non oily areas of my face as it is a matte foundation
Helps other makeup stay put longer!
This is a light to medium coverage foundation but buildable, as my freckles were still incredibly visible with one layer but two covered them well.
If you have got dry skin and still want to purchase this, (even though it is formulated more for the combination-oily skin types) you should definitely moisturise well before and leave it all to soak in before you apply your foundation!
Overall I like this foundation but there are cheaper drugstore alternatives that I like more!

EDIT: MAC PUMP FITS PERFECTLY!!!

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.

My favourite ever foundation, tried others and always switched back to this one. Was my saviour when I had severe acne. Amazing coverage and lasts for ages only down side is that it feels heavy on the skin and needs a pump on the bottle!