Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING.... AMAZING... AMAZING!!!!!! Only I would love a pump, but I can get around that!!!! OBSESSED!!!!

Please take into consideration that this review applies to me and how this foundation worked with me and my skin and my review of this foundation could differ to others but this is just my honest opinion. As my intrest in make up got deeper and fonder
I began to get fed up of using drugstore foundations and feeling like i was spending pointless amounts of money on foundations that had no impact on the way my makeup looked or lasted. I used numerious foundations from drugstores and still struggled to find one that was of a high coverage and lasted through out the day or at a evening party. My friend then requested i look into buying this foundation and in comparorison to other high end foundations it wasnt the price i could fault considering others that many beauty gurues rave about like 'Giorgio Armani' are so much more pricey, I found this a lot more affordable. I cant complain about how long this foundation lasts me from when i apply it to when i take it off the coverage still remains same and covers any pimple, spot or crease in my skin i dont want showing, so therefore i was pleased with that, however this foundation is extremely thick and doesnt give a natrual flawless look instead because of its thickness it tends to make my makeup look cakey. If you are looking into buying this foundation please do consider what skin type you are first as my skin is combination so is oily but i do find around my nose and under my eyes my skin is dry and i found that the foundation gripped onto my dry skin and didnt look duey instead it looked ruff when i added powder and i baked my under eye and when my sin got more oily in the process of wearing it the foundation sunk into my pores and made them appear through. This foundation would be much better for anyone who has oily skin or anyone that prefers a matte look instead of a duey one. I WOULDNT RECOMMED TO ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN.

on 9/1/2017 12:57:00 PM

I have combination more on the dry side, textured skin. I was really excited about this product because on youtube it was hyped up a bit by beauty gurus but one thing I noticed is that a lot of these beauty gurus already have good skin, so the foundation looks amazing. For me it accentuated ALL imperfections. Texture, dry patches and basically looked very very cakey and dry. My skin definitely looks better without it. It kind of made my skin look worse. I'm sure it's a great product for those that don't have too many skin bumps, dry patches and are more on the oily side. But if you have dry patches, texture - I wouldn't suggest buying it. And it sucks 'cause I wasted 45 bucks..

on 8/31/2017 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! I wear shade 1W2 and there's literally no foundation that is yellow enough for me besides this one...
I have a lot to cover up and this does it so well while not looking cakey or that ugly foundation-y kind of texture that a lot of other foundations give you.
Keep in mind that this does not build though, so I apply a lot initially because if you try to layer it, it just removes the previous layer!
I have extremely oily skin and while this doesn't really keep me matte all day, the foundation itself stays in place and looking good if i blot and powder. I also have horribly acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out.
I don't think I'll find a foundation I like more because of the finish, coverage, and color! Just wish this came with a pump.

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. I have a very oily skin, but I also have a lot of flakiness from dry patches.

Yes, this foundation does stay matte for a loooooong period of time. I am loving this aspect of the foundation and I can understand why it's so well loved by many who has oily skin.

However, it's not that great for those who suffers from acne, textured skin etc. The foundation is so matte that it actually dries the skin (probably because of the presence of alcohol). It makes my skin look so old and bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't moisturise my face enough, or that I didn't exfoliate my face before using this foundation.

I'm just really not loving this foundation as much as I wanted to... Maybe I'll give it another try when my skin is in a better condition.

I really like this foundation. I have oily skin and this stays in place beautifully. The coverage is really nice and it does not look heavy on the skin. It does not have a prominent scent. I am quite fair and i have the shade 2C0 cool vanilla, which is slightly too dark but it's easy to balance it out with concealer. The only downside is that the bottle does not come with a pump so you have to pour the foundation out or buy a separate pump. The bottle contains 1fl. oz. which is a pretty standard amount of product for a foundation. This foundation is also a little pricey at over 50€ (57 USD).

on 6/18/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this foundation in high school when my skin was oily and needed extra coverage. It was perfect and so easy, because I never had to set it with powder, and yet it still stayed all through the school day and kept my skin from getting shiny. The only reason I've moved on from it is that I prefer something a lot lighter now and my skin is no longer oily.

But for younger girls that need extra coverage or have spots, this is the best! I still use it occasionally when I want the higher coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Shade: 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30

This is the best foundation I've tried so far, and I've tried many high end like UD All Nighter to drugstore like Freedom UK. I have extremely oily skin and live in a tropical climate, so imagine how difficult it is for foundation not to be a greasy mess on me. I find the coverage just okay, it's not full in my eyes, some of my dark spots still peek through unlike say the Becca Full Cover Creme. It does a great job of controlling oil and is very long lasting, but my favourite part is it does not crease on me. Every foundation creases around my nose and laugh lines, but not Double Wear.
The shade does not completely match me, because of my work I got a tan yet their medium shades are too dark for me. Nevertheless I like this foundation very much, I would like it more if it had a smoother finish (I know matte foundations will always emphasise fine lines and texture more) and if it had a pump because I have to add $10 for a MAC pump. In Singapore this costs a hefty 62$ but on days were I needed it to stick to my skin I'm glad I paid that money.

on 6/2/2017 2:55:00 PM

this foundation is just ok to me cuz well I agree that it has a really good coverage and lasts long but it oxidises and it's a little bit drying. It does feel quite heavy and you have to work really carefully with this one cuz it can get Cakey but if u apply a nice thin layer it does look smooth. Of course if I were a person with a lot acne or blemishes or any kind of eczema I would buy it because of its coverage but I already have a clear skin I don't have skin issues so I won't buy it. MAIN REASON: heavy and oxidises
The packaging is not good at all I actually like a pump dispenser but these kind of open bottles I don't like cuz u can mistakenly pour it all over your hand. A pump is good cuz it gives u a good amount according to your liking. U can get a required amount effortlessly. But these open bottles can be a bit messy. Price is not worth the product.

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.