Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

I had heard so much about this foundation and so many amazing reviews and decided to give it a go... However I'm not impressed. This foundation must be for more oily skin as I have quite dry skin and it doesn't work for me. It makes my skin look dry and powdery and Cakey in areas, no matter how little I put on and no matter how I apply it, it doesn't change the appearance! I was so excited to try this and I feel as if it's a complete waste of money when there's probably better drugstore foundations for dryer skin! Deffo give a go if your skin is oily tho!

Received this as a Christmas present (from my sister who went with me to get colour matched) so have not used it that much but here are my thoughts on it so far. I wore shade 2W1 Dawn
PROs:
Long lasting -over 10hour wear so far,
budge-proof,
Reasonably large colour range,
Dries fast and does not need setting with powder (unless in areas that are oily)
Didn't break me out and also feels really lightweight!

CONs
Quite difficult to clean off every bit with just face cleanser as it is so budge-proof but easy if you have an oil cleansing balm.
Shade was matched perfectly in store but it is much more orange on me in natural lighting!
Dries fast so you have to apply it quickly!
No pump and so poured way too much and so some went to waste.
It bunches up together around my nose but with a bit of strobe cream mixed it seemed to fix that problem!

Final thoughts:
It's an alright foundation but probably would buy a lighter shade!
Looks better as time goes on!
You would probably need to buy a pump (if you can find one that fits)
Works well with brushes more than a sponge (for me)
Little drying on non oily areas of my face as it is a matte foundation
Helps other makeup stay put longer!
This is a light to medium coverage foundation but buildable, as my freckles were still incredibly visible with one layer but two covered them well.
If you have got dry skin and still want to purchase this, (even though it is formulated more for the combination-oily skin types) you should definitely moisturise well before and leave it all to soak in before you apply your foundation!
Overall I like this foundation but there are cheaper drugstore alternatives that I like more!

EDIT: MAC PUMP FITS PERFECTLY!!!

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.

My favourite ever foundation, tried others and always switched back to this one. Was my saviour when I had severe acne. Amazing coverage and lasts for ages only down side is that it feels heavy on the skin and needs a pump on the bottle!

on 11/8/2016 8:31:00 AM

Dries down matte. Medium to full coverage. When I say full, I mean full. Very buildable.

It dries down very fast. Everywhere else it's okay but I find around the nose, you have to work very quickly. If you let it dry and 'stay in place' then try to contour your nose w a brush, the foundation will bunch off of your nose like crazy. Like CRAZY. I've tried several times.

Maybe I work too slow but I don't like rushing my makeup. When I do, I always hate the way it ends up looking.

What I do is I use a different foundation for around my nose and then use this foundation everywhere else. This foundation is truly amazing. I have so many angry red hyperpigmentations. When I want to look absolutely flawless, I use this.

This foundation is very very thick. It is silicone based. It's very pigmented and can be built up to absolute full coverage. You won't even need concealer. It's amazing but I wouldn't recommend using it for everyday wear.

Overall, very good foundation. Whether or not you should buy it just depends on what you're looking for. Good for special occasions when you want to look like a barbie doll.

on 10/22/2016 11:03:00 AM

I use this foundation on an everyday basis. Had been searching for a long time to find a foundation that lasts long throughout the day, especially around my oily t-zone, and I believe I have found the right one at last! The foundation is full coverage yet non-cakey, and blends so easily with a damp beauty blender (my applicator of choice as it helps to sheer out the coverage for a more everyday look). It lasts for hours on end, I put it on early in the morning and by nighttime it still looks flawless - no need to put any powder on throughout the day! Only issue I do have with it however, is that it doesn't do justice under flash photography as it provides a flashback because of the SPF! Therefore, I am now on the hunt to find a full coverage foundation with as much staying power as this one that will give me that photo-perfect finish!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! True to its name, this lasts forever on the skin. Perfect coverage and does not feel heavy on the skin. Only downside is that this gave me flashback. Apart from that I will definitely re purchase.

I still haven't found my holy grail foundation but this is the closest I've ever been. I don't like the fact that it has no pump so you have to pour it on your hand and it seems unhygienic. I also don't like how cakey it can get if you aren't very careful with it and how heavy it feels on the skin.

But apart from the problems I mentioned above it's a very good foundation. It stays matte for a really long time and it's very long-wearing. It doesn't transfer easily (well, it does transfer a little bit but all foundations will do that if you stick your hand in your face, this one just doesn't transfer that much) and it makes my skin look flawless. The shade range is also great. I will buy it again because I haven't found anything better so far.