Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

Love Love Love!!! This is my favourite foundation!
It does exactly what they say it will do, which is "Stay in Place". I apply this early morning, and wear it all day which for me is a minimum 12 hours, and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I should note, my skin is normal/dry, but def not oily. This goes on really easily and it's great to blend, it gives you enough time to get it right before it sets. And when it does set it's not chalky or cement like, its soft and light and feels comfortable on.
I always use a primer before any foundation, and I do with this one too so I'm not sure if it would hold as long without primer (but I reckon it would).
I use to wear the MAC Pro Longwear but that was way too drying and would crack after about 5 hours.
This one is not as dry as the MAC, but it somehow stays matte all day, it literally doesn't move and it is NOT CAKEY - if anyone says this is a cakey product then you're obviously applying something too heavy underneath.
Some people are complaining about the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump but seriously, who cares!! When the product is this good no pump is the least of my worries.
Its a bit pricey $58 a bottle, but you really do get what you pay for and the price doesn't put me off. I can't fault this at all and I know a few others that use it and love it just as much as me.
Thanks Estee Lauder, finally the perfect foundation has been produced!
HUGE thumbs up!!

on 8/31/2018 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and live in a humid country this foundation is for you. But for it to have a flawless look you have to makesure you really prep your skin before application, that is, masks, serums, moisturisers and hydrating primers etc.. This foundation does have a tendency to look cakey, best application item is a beauty blender and just press it in your skin till you feel like it has become part of your skin. Also, if you have acne prone skin then this may cause breakouts as this foundation just clings to your skin, so do save this foundation for special occasions.If i have an important event, then this is the foundation i grab...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Once you find your shade in this foundation it is fabulous! I have aging combo skin and this foundation glides over pores and lines and makes your skin look flawless. I also like I don't have to use powder with this formula, the foundation is matte enough on it's own. It is more of a natural matte so if you're looking for a filtered look you would definitely need powder. I used a small amount and blended it with the Real Techniques triangular foundation brush and it looked amazing. I am so happy I finally found a foundation that doesn't age me and lasts all day!

on 8/25/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this foundation and wore it regularly in my early to mid twenties, I stopped wearing for it a while as it was beginning to break me out as heavy foundations often do on my skin. I went back to it a year or two later, my skin had aged slightly with some lines around eyes and smile lines, it really accentuated these lines on my face and I immediately had to take it off.
Its a great foundation in that it could withstand a bomb and not budge its also full coverage and smooth on application but doesnt work on my skin anymore.

on 8/24/2018 4:40:00 AM

This foundation just does not work for me. I have oily, blemish prone skin and heard so many great things about this foundation. I had it applied by a makeup artist as part of my wedding makeup trial, it didn’t last for more than a few hours before it became dark and patchy with oily areas. It was used with a decent NARS primer and finishing powder along with a MAC setting spray. It just isn’t good for very oily skin. I looked like I’d bathed in fake tan and baby oil!

on 8/24/2018 3:51:00 AM

I always go back to this foundation. Long lasting and if I want a lighter look I mix with a bit of my daily spf. In the summer I mix it with a touch of bronzer. Very breathable too. You can build it up. Love it. Fantastic selection of colours too.