Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 5/16/2017 9:49:00 AM

This is a great product! Doesn't make me oily or break me out. Very light and absorbs instantly without feeling sticky.

I have combination to oily skin.

This serum is packed full of great antioxidantes. It would've earned a 5/5 from me if it wasn't just so full of silicones. The texture, everything about it was just silicone-y and it wasn't all that pleasant to apply. It also felt heavy on my skin and I felt like my pores were clogged - even if they probably weren't. I just couldn't get over how this felt like on my face.

It's also a lot more expensive than it used to be. For a lot less expensive you could get a serum of similar quality, especially with korean brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I use this everyday, I apply over my Vitamin C E Ferulic serum once its dry. This stuff is very light and absorbs quickly and easily leaving no trace on the skin which makes it great for layering products. After this I apply my spf Moisturiser. It is expensive for the amount you get, I try to buy when on offer. My skin has massively improved over a few months but that's with use of several products to target my problem areas. I see this as more of a preventative measure of skin care and I will continue to repurchase.

on 4/24/2017 10:30:00 PM

I really like the antioxidants and other good ingredients in this serum and it doesn't seem to cause break outs for me, but it is just too light in texture. I find it's so light you use a normal amount of product and poof it's gone and you've only applied it to a small portion of your face. You have to use more product than usual to apply to your entire face, more than any serum I've ever used. It's unfortunate because for the price, I go through this much too quickly for it to be worth buying. It's kind of an unusual problem for a product. It's not super hydrating either, which is fine for summer months or those with normal or oily skin. If it weren't pricey, i'd continue buying it though.

When I first started out with skincare, this was my go-to antioxidant serum. However, after many price hikes I no longer find it worth the money. While the ingredients are good, they aren't so spectacular as to warrant almost $40 for a 1 oz tube. There are plenty of products with comparable ingredient lists that cost half as much. Especially with the eruption of K-Beauty products, there are just so many affordable, antioxidant-packed serums and essences on the market that purchasing this just feels like a waste. I've found also that while it may not aggravate redness, it doesn't do much to help it either.

However, the real winner with this product and why it is so popular is because its consistency, texture, and finish are absolutely amazing for daytime use (which is when you're supposed to use an antioxidant serum). It is lightly hydrating, sinks in nicely, and plays well with other topicals and makeup.

If you are interested, you can get $10 off by using my referral link: http://goo.gl/6yGFNf

on 5/13/2017 1:12:00 AM

This is a light version of a regular antioxidant serum for people with oily and combination skin. I personally prefer the original one but this one is a great alternative if I want to use a heavier moisturizer. I usually apply it after exfoliating my skin to allow all the nutrients to penetrate my skin and do their work. You will notice that you skin is healthier and more glowing pretty soon after consistent use. Highly recommend. For $10 off follow this link https://goo.gl/byQqpB

This product was really just ok...I realize I am not at an age where an anti-aging serum is really all that necessary, but this serum doesn't contain retinol so I'm a little skeptical on how anti-aging it really is...? That being said, it's kind of expensive for the amount you receive and the lack of effects I noticed. it made my skin feel very soft, but didn't really seem to be fading any dark spots. I tried it for about a month with little to no results. it may have even contributed to a few breakouts, but I can't be sure of it. What I did notice was that it started to turn my face yellow. The product itself comes out as a light yellow fluid, and over time made my face develop a slight yellow tint, which wasn't pleasant.

While I didn't care too much for this product, I do like quite a few of Paula's other products, but just be sure to do your research beforehand! heres a link for $10 off your order (new customers only I believe) - https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

Meh. I find it's too silicone-heavy for my liking. I didn't see much change in my skin and, even though I have a combo skin, this wasn't hydrating enough for me. Pass.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought some samples and started to applying it for twice a week

At first two weeks i did not notice anything, but on 3rd week i felt my skin more even , soft and acne free , it sure reduced my acne scars !! The only con is that the size of the full product is small for the price

Anyway you can take samples to try and here is $10 off https://goo.gl/qfTpOR

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gets a big fat NOPE from me.
This is basically silicone you're rubbing all over your face. Which I have nothing against silicone when it's in TINY amounts but when it's the first two ingredients it wrecked havoc on my skin. It feels like a silicone primer you put on before makeup except thicker and doesn't sink in all the way. It irritated my skin and broke me out. No thank you Paula's choice, I'll be passing on this one.