Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Managed to get my hands on the samples for this product. It was of a yellowish liquid that dried to a matte finish. Very light on my skin which is very suitable under make up especially for my oily combination skin. Tried it for the first time and loved it! i eventually bought the full sized product.

The full sized product came in a smaller tube than expected. it was opaque with a really small opening, which i really like cause it helps maintain the quality of the ingredients in the tube. despite the small opening I did not have any difficulty squeezing the product out. one squeeze does not spread very far so i assume this product will finish quite quickly.

I used it with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask overnight and woke up with awesome and smooth skin. Will continue using the serum for a longer period and provide an update in due course.

I got my paula's choice products from their Australia's site. If you are interested you can use the below link to get AUD15.00 off your first purchase:

Hope this review helps :)

on 6/30/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Soothes Skin, Smells Great, Softens Skin, Moisturizes, Packaging
Cons: Heavy, Sticky
Best Uses: Night Serum, Daily Use, Normal To Oily Skin, Sensitive Skin

I have tried almost all Paula's Choice serums, and Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of the best of the brand (my other favorite is Calm Repairing Serum). The Resist product is a silky liquid, fragrance free but with a fresh and natural scent. The packaging is a tube with a narrow tip which works well for dispensing small amounts, and can be cut open to extract the last precious drops. I have normal to oily combination skin, and I found this product to be a bit too heavy for day time use. Although it sinks in fairly well, its viscous texture doesn't allow it to spread as thinly as some other serums I have tried, and it does leave some stickiness. Having said that, it is superior to all others I've tried as a night serum, out-performing some highly coveted premium brands for a fraction of the cost. Resist Ultra-Light adds a boost of antioxidants and moisture after applying AHA or Retin-A and before moisturizer. I find that when I use this serum, the other skin care steps in my routine are more effective. My skin feels healthy and plumped, soothed after acid or treatment, and my moisturizer has more longevity through the night. I will definitely repurchase!

on 7/2/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this serum. It feels nice and my skin looks good after I use it and a little goes a long way. I love that Paula's products are fragrance and dye-free. I'm only 29 so I can't really speak to the anti-aging benefits quite yet, but this does not break me out or make my combo skin any oilier and any fine lines I do have look plumped after use. I use this at night before I apply Paula's moisturizing gel. I have not noticed any yellowing on my skin. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is nice looking, but the product is very liquidy, so if I store the tube laying down, the product runs to the top and explodes out a little when I remove the cap to use it, waisting a bit of product each time. I have to store it balancing it upright which is annoying. I also find if I'm applying it and I set it down on the counter for a sec, product will leak out of the tip. This stuff isn't exactly cheap so the waste drives me nuts.

on 12/10/2013 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Background on me I have severly oily skin with dry patches from using retin a at night. I have waisted so much money on paula's choice products that really didn't work for me (my bad, I should have ordered samples instead of the full size) but it was all worth it because of this little gem. MY SKIN LOVES THIS STUFF! I'm not kidding - I look forward to putting this on every day! I guess I use it as my moisturizer. I put it on after my Rx antibiotic gel, but before that this was the first thing I put on my face. I am a little red when I first put it on but it goes away. It doesn't sting or irritate my face in any way, it's quite the opposite. It feels very soothing and hydrating. The consistensy is between a gel and a lotion.. on the runny side but its not a liquid. I let it sink in for at least 10 minutes before putting on anything else although I don't really think I have to because it absorbs completely after I massage it on even if I use a lot, and I'm pretty liberal with it. It makes my skin SO SOFT and hydrated. Sometimes I'll go straight into primer then foundation because I don't need any more moisture. I used to be an oil slick by the time I got in the car to go to work but ever since I started using this my oil has been under control. I still have to use at least one mattifying product, whether it's primer, lotion, or powder, but the results are 10 times better than what it used to be. Some days I don't even have to blot at all. I used to blot 5 or 6 times a day. I've gone through 1 1/2 tubes of this now and I think it only took 2 or 3 monthswiring it 5 to 6 times a week. I just bought two backups because they we're 20% off. Bottom line is I can't be without this. Order a sample if you want to try it, I think it's only $1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think everything has been said about this already but, this is perfection on. Liquid formula sinks in effortlessly and within seconds. It truly feels like NOTHING is on your skin, which is great for layering other products on top. Perfect for oily patches and acne prone skin, it has not caused a single breakout and I do believe has helped to diminish any active (hormonal) acne I have. I LOVE this stuff. I haven't been using this long enough to comment on fine lines but so far do not see any improvement in that area. However, I bought this specifically as a preventative product, so far I am very happy. Will repurchase, and would recommend.

on 5/20/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I like to use a layered approach for my a.m. routine. Before I started using this product, I was washing my face, then applying Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, then Dan's Regimine/acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%, then my make up - no moisturizer, just powder sunscreen over make up). Although this gave me a very matte, almost polished appearance, after several hours my skin would inevitably start cracking and flaking in small areas. For some reason the bumpiness of my skin was greatly reduced during the day, but once I washed my face at night I could see the irritation and the small bumps would come right back. :(
Yes, my skin can take a lot, but sometimes I think I throw too much at it. It really is not a good idea to continuously layer BHA and BP. In fact, I really want to stop using BP all together as I constantly read it may age your skin.
I'm just at the end of my rope in fighting adult acne. After a recent trip to TX (maybe from the humidity, maybe just stress) my skin was literally covered in closed comedones and active acne blemishes (cheeks, chin, and forehead)...and at 34, I'm honestly just sick.of.it.

I ordered this serum on a whim and based on some very complimentary reviews and ladies it has yet to dissapoint. I am still using the BP, but only as a spot treatment. My active blemishes are far less agitated and are fading, but the best part...the combination of BHA and this serum gives me a 1-2 punch on those pesky closed comedones AND it also provides a near flawless finish with make up. (madelic acid helps too, or seems to) Matte and silky, but still glowing. I've only used this product for about a 2 weeks so I'm going to check in again and give you an update later, but for now...I'm very pleased with the results.

Current regimine:

AM: wash face with Purpose FW
jojoba oil (only to eye area)
Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid
Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Anioxidant Concentrate Serum
spot treat with Dan's Regimine (ace.org) BP 2%
make up
powder sunscreen

PM: wash make up off with Purpose FW
*1 - 2 times weekly 25% Mandelic Acid (3 -4 min)
either apply jojoa oil all over or only to eye area
Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Anioxidant Concentrate Serum