Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for three days. I use it after my BHA toner, before moisturizer/sunscreen/tretinoin (depending on am/pm).

Day 1: Right cheek only, no problems the next day.
Day 2: All over face, no problems on the same day.
Day 3: All over face, noticed increased red clogged pores on right cheek, a few more clogged pores on forehead and left cheek.

It's currently PM on day 3 and I'm going to restrict this to the right cheek only tonight and see what happens. I suspect I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this product, I had the same reaction to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen. Will update accordingly. Bleh, I'm disappointed because I really wanted this product to work. Glad that I only have the sample and not the expensive full size!

Update 13/10/14: I tried adding this into my routine for the past couple of days, at night only. Little red clogged pores again!! Ok ditching this. I'm not sure what exactly my skin is reacting to but I suspect it's the 'cones, cause it's the first time I've used a product with cones. Oh well!