Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

1 review

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 3/2/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this serum consistently for a little over 6 weeks & that seems like enough time to give a fair assessment. Background on my skin: A-A, about Gabrielle Union's shade, early 40's, oily, acne-prone skin, just beginning to see signs of aging on my forehead. I also have dark circles & under-eye puffiness caused by insomnia/allergies and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks from old breakouts.

I received a sample of this with an Ebay purchase and was just going to toss it out. I'd tried PC products about 15 years ago & it turned out to be a breakout-in-a-bottle. Instead, because I'm a lot braver (have access to a fantastic dermatologist) now, I checked some reviews and decided to give it a try that evening.

The serum isn't sticky (as I was expecting) and although it contains silicones, it didn't have the heavy silicone weight on my face. It was yellowish & liquidy but not too runny. Immediately after applying a nickle-sized drop to my face & neck, my skin appeared smoother and brighter and felt soft. Over the next few weeks, I'd added it to my regular nightly routine. I'd apply it after cleansing with Purpose and/or Aveeno Daily Brightening Scrub (I mix them & apply with my hands or an Olay Pro-X Brush). Some nights I'd exfoliate with PTR Unwrinkle pads before applying the serum and other nights I'd follow the serum with Cerave Lotion PM or a dab of Retin-A.

After 4 weeks, my skin didn't just look smoother & brighter it WAS. While I didn't think my skin was sagging, it feels tighter and as another commenter said, it seems to have more "bounce." My dark circles and hyperpigmentation have lightened significantly to the point where I can skip full makeup - I use just some Sleek BB cream and powder! Best part of this whole experience was NO BREAKOUTS! I've had a few small pimples attempt to form on my cheeks & chin, but they disappeared within a day. It hasn't done anything for my oiliness, but it hasn't contributed, either.

Is it a miracle in a tube? No such thing. Is it an HG item? For me, definitely! I'm going to buy two at a time now.