Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Managed to get my hands on the samples for this product. It was of a yellowish liquid that dried to a matte finish. Very light on my skin which is very suitable under make up especially for my oily combination skin. Tried it for the first time and loved it! i eventually bought the full sized product.

The full sized product came in a smaller tube than expected. it was opaque with a really small opening, which i really like cause it helps maintain the quality of the ingredients in the tube. despite the small opening I did not have any difficulty squeezing the product out. one squeeze does not spread very far so i assume this product will finish quite quickly.

I used it with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask overnight and woke up with awesome and smooth skin. Will continue using the serum for a longer period and provide an update in due course.

I got my paula's choice products from their Australia's site. If you are interested you can use the below link to get AUD15.00 off your first purchase:

Hope this review helps :)

on 4/7/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Unfortunately, unlike the original, this product did almost nothing for my normal-combination skin. It absorbed VERY well, but afterwards my skin never felt even the slightest bit moisturized. Oddly enough, after only a few hours (after applying lotion and foundation) it made my face an oil slick. I've used this product 1-2 times a week over several months thinking my skin would get used to it but received the same result. Still love most of Paula's products though.

In a heartbeat I would reorder. I've noticed a reduction in dark spots from acne and the overall tone of my skin looks flawless. Dries and absorbs quickly, and it feels great on!

on 4/29/2014 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am in shock right now...this turned my face YELLOW not slightly but a serious orangey yellow, what's scary is I've been using it for a while and only just realized it! Thinking back there were definitely times when I got in the car and noticed an orange face but I thought it was the makeup since I'm always trying new fndtn but this was the culprit! I figured it out bc I hAd a dr appt so no makeup and omg....it took 2.5 cotton pads with toner to get it all and they were literally turmeric yellow. So that's a huge fail with this stuff, also I really didn't notice a difference using it. I guess it would be good in a pinch if you didn't hAve time for self tanner? Ugh idk. Bad bAd bad.

on 4/17/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This works in well and doesn't feel greasy or sticky, but seems to moisturize as much as a good face cream. The only thing I don't like is the smell -- there is a very slight smell to it when it first comes out of the tube. It dissipates within seconds though, and I prefer this to something heavily fragranced. Compared to the other Paula's Choice serums, this one feels like less of a coating on my face; it sinks in better. Will keep buying!

on 10/1/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best serum I've ever used, given the results and the price. This is non-irritating to my redness-prone skin, sinks right in, has amazing ingredients, and is affordable. (I bought mine for $25 during one of PC's frequent 15% off sales!)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think everything has been said about this already but, this is perfection on. Liquid formula sinks in effortlessly and within seconds. It truly feels like NOTHING is on your skin, which is great for layering other products on top. Perfect for oily patches and acne prone skin, it has not caused a single breakout and I do believe has helped to diminish any active (hormonal) acne I have. I LOVE this stuff. I haven't been using this long enough to comment on fine lines but so far do not see any improvement in that area. However, I bought this specifically as a preventative product, so far I am very happy. Will repurchase, and would recommend.

I rated this as "dirt cheap" because if Estee Lauder sold this, she would probably sell it for about $50 to $80. This cleared up my post pimple red marks on my chin in about 4 days. I love this stuff. My skin has been glowing since using it. When Paula first came out with it, I immediately bought it and I've been using it ever since. I used to use her Skin Balancing serum but I could only use it every other day since it was too strong for my skin. This sinks into my skin like water, feels very light, doesn't burn doesn't smell, and works wonders