Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

2.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

I have combination to oily skin.

This serum is packed full of great antioxidantes. It would've earned a 5/5 from me if it wasn't just so full of silicones. The texture, everything about it was just silicone-y and it wasn't all that pleasant to apply. It also felt heavy on my skin and I felt like my pores were clogged - even if they probably weren't. I just couldn't get over how this felt like on my face.

It's also a lot more expensive than it used to be. For a lot less expensive you could get a serum of similar quality, especially with korean brands.

on 11/22/2015 5:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this serum, but unfortunately I can't. My skin is oily, acne prone, white head prone, and I do have some redness on my cheeks, and sometimes on my t zone.

I was looking for a antioxidant serum to add to my routine. I was hoping to delay signs of aging, and prevent it as much as I can. I was also hoping it would help heal my red pigmentation from old acne. Unfortunately, I broke out. I used it for a week and just kept breaking out. There was also no visible difference in my skin (other than new breakouts of course), but I do believe you would need to use it longer than one week to see results. I used it twice a day, morning and night. It was very lightweight and not greasy. My skin drank it up pretty quickly.

The packaging is nice and small. It has a very tiny tip, so you won't waste a lot of product as long as you don't squeeze too hard.

There is no added fragrance or anything like that, so there isn't really a scent to it. Of course there's the slight scent of the ingredients, but nothing else and it's barley noticeable.

Overall, I would recommend trying it out and seeing how your skin reacts. I returned mine and got a refund, which is always nice!