Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 10/18/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes from this product Infact all of paula's choice products but it broke me into cystic acne. I've tried all her cleansers cheap packaging cheap products some were very drying like skin balancing n hydralight whereas others broke me out. I tried all toners and exfoliants from her line but totally disappointed though I love her approach on skincare but her products were total trash. Tried all her serums some where too heavy and even this particular ultra light serum was way heavy for me as it contains LOADS of silicone broke me out like crazy. Her superlight n ultra sheer sunscreens dried my skin out while the hydralight made me the oiliest and caused clogged pores. I am from india where Paulas choice not available online I had to pay thrice the amount for her products (shipping charges etc). Shame on u Paula for such awful products. What a waste of time energy money and most of all my skin. Everyone out there pls refrain from buying her products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.

on 12/8/2013 6:08:00 PM

I've written this review having used a "3 week trial" sample. I'd like to think that this was enough time to get a decent enough feel for the product in order to give a fair account. Before I go into my problems with it, I'll say that I think this was a good serum and I would *think* about buying a full size version at some point in the future. There are just a couple of things holding me back from jumping straight into it.

It is, as it claims to be, very light on application. This is both good and bad in my opinion; it'll be great to use this again in the height of the summer when oiliness is a real problem. However, I found that it absorbed so quickly that I ended up having to use a dispense a lot of product from the tube to cover my entire face. There was also a fine line between not applying enough and applying too much; the latter of which results in a yellow cast, as mentioned by previous reviews.

The serum made my skin feel nice and smooth, especially after several days of trialling. It seemed very gentle, even around the sensitive eye area. I suppose I didn't use it for long enough to see any major differences, but I don't doubt that there are a lot of benefits to be had from continued use. However, my other main issue was the sizing and price of a tube. This 3 week pack lasted me only 10 days (using twice a day), and I didn't feel I was being overly generous with the application either. A full size portion is six times larger, so I'd imagine this could last a couple of months maximum. Paula's Choice UK prices are pretty ridiculous compared to the US costs, so I'd be very hesitant to shell out this much money so frequently for a product I could most likely live without.

I might give this another go in the summer and use it without a separate moisturiser. That will likely be the real test of whether I'd repurchase or not, but for now it's a regretful "no".