Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 5/16/2017 9:49:00 AM

This is a great product! Doesn't make me oily or break me out. Very light and absorbs instantly without feeling sticky.

I have combination to oily skin.

This serum is packed full of great antioxidantes. It would've earned a 5/5 from me if it wasn't just so full of silicones. The texture, everything about it was just silicone-y and it wasn't all that pleasant to apply. It also felt heavy on my skin and I felt like my pores were clogged - even if they probably weren't. I just couldn't get over how this felt like on my face.

It's also a lot more expensive than it used to be. For a lot less expensive you could get a serum of similar quality, especially with korean brands.

on 4/24/2017 10:30:00 PM

I really like the antioxidants and other good ingredients in this serum and it doesn't seem to cause break outs for me, but it is just too light in texture. I find it's so light you use a normal amount of product and poof it's gone and you've only applied it to a small portion of your face. You have to use more product than usual to apply to your entire face, more than any serum I've ever used. It's unfortunate because for the price, I go through this much too quickly for it to be worth buying. It's kind of an unusual problem for a product. It's not super hydrating either, which is fine for summer months or those with normal or oily skin. If it weren't pricey, i'd continue buying it though.

Meh. I find it's too silicone-heavy for my liking. I didn't see much change in my skin and, even though I have a combo skin, this wasn't hydrating enough for me. Pass.

on 6/30/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Soothes Skin, Smells Great, Softens Skin, Moisturizes, Packaging
Cons: Heavy, Sticky
Best Uses: Night Serum, Daily Use, Normal To Oily Skin, Sensitive Skin

I have tried almost all Paula's Choice serums, and Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of the best of the brand (my other favorite is Calm Repairing Serum). The Resist product is a silky liquid, fragrance free but with a fresh and natural scent. The packaging is a tube with a narrow tip which works well for dispensing small amounts, and can be cut open to extract the last precious drops. I have normal to oily combination skin, and I found this product to be a bit too heavy for day time use. Although it sinks in fairly well, its viscous texture doesn't allow it to spread as thinly as some other serums I have tried, and it does leave some stickiness. Having said that, it is superior to all others I've tried as a night serum, out-performing some highly coveted premium brands for a fraction of the cost. Resist Ultra-Light adds a boost of antioxidants and moisture after applying AHA or Retin-A and before moisturizer. I find that when I use this serum, the other skin care steps in my routine are more effective. My skin feels healthy and plumped, soothed after acid or treatment, and my moisturizer has more longevity through the night. I will definitely repurchase!

on 12/12/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Paula's Choice products are a hit or miss for me; I love some of them and dislike others. This one I love and it's one of the four serums that I have on rotation. It's absolutely lovely and fantastic for my skin. It has a light texture, sinks in immediately, doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me oily. I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 11/22/2015 5:56:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I have oily, acne prone skin and never thought a serum would be helpful. Boy was I wrong. The antioxidants really help keep my skin clearer, and most days it is all the moisture that I need. In winter I layer this under my moisturizer at night, and I wake up with glowy skin that I can't stop touching! I've been using this for about a year and this is definitely a staple for me.

Serums are a tricky thing, and boy do the companies market them cleverly. They're expensive as all hell, and we're often told we shouldn't expect amazing, immediate results with them. We need to stick with one for the long term and, so we're told, our skin will thank us for it as we age. We're supposed to just trust the companies when they say this, even as they price serums higher than any other skincare product. Even Paula Begoun is guilty of this, and honesty and transparency is the main thrust of her brand.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have an immediately apparent result to report with this serum, and it's a doozy. Since incorporating this into my skin care regime, I no longer experience breakouts. At all. I'm not kidding. The only times I've gotten a pimple since using this have been when I haven't washed my face or followed my skin care routine for a couple days. Even then, it's just one pimple. It's interesting because this serum isn't necessarily marketed as an acne-fighting product, but it's kicked my acne's butt six ways to Sunday. I started using a BHA exfoliant a long time ago (PC RESIST Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA), and that dramatically improved my skin and reduced acne. Then I started using PC Clear benzoyl peroxide treatment and that helped a bit more. But nothing actually prevented breakouts quite like this serum. I started using this while changing nothing else about my routine, and suddenly I have no more pimples. And it seems to have faded the marks from old pimples very quickly. Also of note: it applies easily around the eyes with no irritation.

Having no pimples certainly seems like this product is worth the price, but I've also tried to use it in such a way that it will save me money in the long term. For instance, I don't think I need toner so much anymore with what this serum does for my skin, so now I only apply toner on nights when I'm removing makeup. I've also relegated my benzoyl peroxide cream to nighttime only instead of twice daily. I am even playing with the idea of trying to phase that out completely to see if I really need it anymore. Finally, at nighttime I just mix a drop of this serum in with my night cream (CeraVae lotion) to give it more mileage. In the morning I apply the serum undiluted as the last step before my SPF day cream (currently RESIST Super-Light SPF 30). I started diluting it at night when I was already partway through my first tube, and my first tube lasted me almost four months this way. So if I can make the tube of serum last five months or more, and cut down on the amount of toner and acne cream I buy, I think I could actually save money using this. And of course Paula has frequent sales, so I never need to pay full price.

The texture of the product is water-light and absorbs instantly. It cannot be felt on the skin post-application. It is marketed to oilier skin types but I myself am not oily. I recommend a quick application because it absorbs so fast.

So there is my testimony for this product and my tips for using it. YMMV, but with all there is to gain I think this serum is worth a try. I've just started my second tube now.

on 7/2/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this serum. It feels nice and my skin looks good after I use it and a little goes a long way. I love that Paula's products are fragrance and dye-free. I'm only 29 so I can't really speak to the anti-aging benefits quite yet, but this does not break me out or make my combo skin any oilier and any fine lines I do have look plumped after use. I use this at night before I apply Paula's moisturizing gel. I have not noticed any yellowing on my skin. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is nice looking, but the product is very liquidy, so if I store the tube laying down, the product runs to the top and explodes out a little when I remove the cap to use it, waisting a bit of product each time. I have to store it balancing it upright which is annoying. I also find if I'm applying it and I set it down on the counter for a sec, product will leak out of the tip. This stuff isn't exactly cheap so the waste drives me nuts.

on 6/29/2015 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The first few times I used this serum, I was extremely impressed. Waking up in the morning, my skin felt incredibly smooth and soft. It seemed to be helping my pores look smaller, as well.

Now that I've been using it for about a month, the benefits seem to have tapered off a bit. At first I thought "Wow, if it works this well after a week, imagine how great my skin will look in a month!" but the change hasn't been that dramatic. I do feel that it has had a lasting positive effect on the appearance of my pores, but the ultra-smooth "baby skin" feeling that I initially got from this product has gone away. I don't feel like it has done anything to even out my skin tone or reduce redness.

Overall, I do like this serum, and so far it doesn't break me out. But I was hoping for more of a noticeable change. I'll continue to use it, and update my review accordingly.