Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gets a big fat NOPE from me.
This is basically silicone you're rubbing all over your face. Which I have nothing against silicone when it's in TINY amounts but when it's the first two ingredients it wrecked havoc on my skin. It feels like a silicone primer you put on before makeup except thicker and doesn't sink in all the way. It irritated my skin and broke me out. No thank you Paula's choice, I'll be passing on this one.

This product was really just ok...I realize I am not at an age where an anti-aging serum is really all that necessary, but this serum doesn't contain retinol so I'm a little skeptical on how anti-aging it really is...? That being said, it's kind of expensive for the amount you receive and the lack of effects I noticed. it made my skin feel very soft, but didn't really seem to be fading any dark spots. I tried it for about a month with little to no results. it may have even contributed to a few breakouts, but I can't be sure of it. What I did notice was that it started to turn my face yellow. The product itself comes out as a light yellow fluid, and over time made my face develop a slight yellow tint, which wasn't pleasant.

While I didn't care too much for this product, I do like quite a few of Paula's other products, but just be sure to do your research beforehand! heres a link for $10 off your order (new customers only I believe) - https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

This is a great product that works, but without the heavy price tag. Paula's Choice has many well-formulated and relatively inexpensive skincare products that actually work. My skin is combination/oily, clog-prone, and prone to hormonal cystic acne during TOTM. Basically my skincare aim has been to find good products that keep my acne under control, as well as hydrate and prevent premature aging by using serums and lightweight creams with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. I chose to incorporate this serum into my morning routine after using the RESIST BHA 2%. I also mix a few drops of the C15 booster into this serum to give my skin a Vitamin C boost underneath my SS (Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 50). The serum has a very light, watery consistency, which is good compared to her other serums which tend to be very silicone-heavy. Nothing wrong with 'cones for me, but I know many people are sensitive to them. This hydrates my skin very lightly without clogging my pores or making my skin feel greasy.

Also, this does have a very slight yellow tint to it, which goes on clear on my skin. Because I have very fair skin, I near cancelled my order after reading online that women with fair skin were finding that their skin looked "jaundiced" and "yellow" with this serum on. Luckily, I never had that problem and my skin is around a MAC NC15-20. It has a clear yellow tint to it, but no color or coverage at all on the skin. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My background - 20, oily skin, prone to breakouts/clogged pores and redness in the t-zone. I decided to buy this product based on the glowing reviews here. As I'm getting into my twenties, I'm more concerned with the quality of my skincare and preventing premature aging and repairing the damage I incurred when I was a teen (tanning... not washing my face... the list goes on). As soon as I got the product, I noticed how great the packaging was. It's opaque and had a very precise tip applicator so that you don't end up getting more product than you need. When I went to bed that night, I used the serum after I removed my makeup, cleansed and toned. My skin literally drank it right in and felt so incredibly soft and balanced. After about 10 minutes, I applied my moisturizer and eye cream and went to bed. I kid you not, this stuff is amazing! When I woke up, my skin was softer, less red and my blemishes seemed to be healing right up. I continue to see improvements with every use in the tone and texture of my skin. I absolutely love this serum and will continue to buy unless they discontinue it. HG status right here.

on 12/8/2013 6:08:00 PM

I've written this review having used a "3 week trial" sample. I'd like to think that this was enough time to get a decent enough feel for the product in order to give a fair account. Before I go into my problems with it, I'll say that I think this was a good serum and I would *think* about buying a full size version at some point in the future. There are just a couple of things holding me back from jumping straight into it.

It is, as it claims to be, very light on application. This is both good and bad in my opinion; it'll be great to use this again in the height of the summer when oiliness is a real problem. However, I found that it absorbed so quickly that I ended up having to use a dispense a lot of product from the tube to cover my entire face. There was also a fine line between not applying enough and applying too much; the latter of which results in a yellow cast, as mentioned by previous reviews.

The serum made my skin feel nice and smooth, especially after several days of trialling. It seemed very gentle, even around the sensitive eye area. I suppose I didn't use it for long enough to see any major differences, but I don't doubt that there are a lot of benefits to be had from continued use. However, my other main issue was the sizing and price of a tube. This 3 week pack lasted me only 10 days (using twice a day), and I didn't feel I was being overly generous with the application either. A full size portion is six times larger, so I'd imagine this could last a couple of months maximum. Paula's Choice UK prices are pretty ridiculous compared to the US costs, so I'd be very hesitant to shell out this much money so frequently for a product I could most likely live without.

I might give this another go in the summer and use it without a separate moisturiser. That will likely be the real test of whether I'd repurchase or not, but for now it's a regretful "no".

I would actually give this 3.5 stars purely for the fact that it can oxidise with my mineal sunscreen (if I neglect to rub it in properly or wait for the serum to dry) leaving a slightly orangey cast.

Other than that, great product. My skin feel prepped and healthy when I have applied this. I use it everyday and would never be with out it. Just a shame that it sometimes oxidises with my other products.