Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gets a big fat NOPE from me.
This is basically silicone you're rubbing all over your face. Which I have nothing against silicone when it's in TINY amounts but when it's the first two ingredients it wrecked havoc on my skin. It feels like a silicone primer you put on before makeup except thicker and doesn't sink in all the way. It irritated my skin and broke me out. No thank you Paula's choice, I'll be passing on this one.

on 6/19/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

gave me lines under my eyes but to be fair everything with high silicones concentration does that.
i was to scared to use on face because of the silicones that give me acne

on 10/18/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes from this product Infact all of paula's choice products but it broke me into cystic acne. I've tried all her cleansers cheap packaging cheap products some were very drying like skin balancing n hydralight whereas others broke me out. I tried all toners and exfoliants from her line but totally disappointed though I love her approach on skincare but her products were total trash. Tried all her serums some where too heavy and even this particular ultra light serum was way heavy for me as it contains LOADS of silicone broke me out like crazy. Her superlight n ultra sheer sunscreens dried my skin out while the hydralight made me the oiliest and caused clogged pores. I am from india where Paulas choice not available online I had to pay thrice the amount for her products (shipping charges etc). Shame on u Paula for such awful products. What a waste of time energy money and most of all my skin. Everyone out there pls refrain from buying her products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really wanted this to work for me but it broke me out in tiny whiteheads after a few days of use.

Will not repurchase.

I recently bought this serum as it seemed to have some really great ingredients in it. However this did NOT work for me. Completely irritated my skin and made me break out. I would not recommend this product.

on 4/29/2014 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am in shock right now...this turned my face YELLOW not slightly but a serious orangey yellow, what's scary is I've been using it for a while and only just realized it! Thinking back there were definitely times when I got in the car and noticed an orange face but I thought it was the makeup since I'm always trying new fndtn but this was the culprit! I figured it out bc I hAd a dr appt so no makeup and omg....it took 2.5 cotton pads with toner to get it all and they were literally turmeric yellow. So that's a huge fail with this stuff, also I really didn't notice a difference using it. I guess it would be good in a pinch if you didn't hAve time for self tanner? Ugh idk. Bad bAd bad.

on 7/9/2013 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this based on the reviews. I needed something to fill my order to make the min. purchase of 50 for free shipping. I am so happy I bought this. It is amazing. I have been using it without the need of an additional moisturizer. This summer has been so hot and humid. I usually wear moisturizer, but I have been looking like a grease pit. I hate a sweaty face of make up! The cap was only a half turn from being off when I got this and some product was in the cap. I called to inquire as PC products usually have a protective seal before opening. They said due to shipping and how the products undergo some pressure, they did not put a seal. She offered to send me a new one, but I declined said it wasn't all the way off and only a small bit came out in the cap, which I used a q-tip to get out. She sent my 5 samples of this anyway :). Their customer service is mostly outstanding, I did have one occurance where the girl was a real stinker, but hey everyone has bad days..... ( I hope )
I will edit this review if I break out. I want to give it some time. I do have some break outs now because of 2 hours a day running and sweating with 50 spf on my face. Sweat and spf don't mix. I do use PC BHA 9; lovely product as well, to spot treat these little buggers. Anyway this is a fabulous product; I HIGHLY recommend!

Unfortunately this made me break out. Stopped using it!

on 11/22/2015 5:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this serum, but unfortunately I can't. My skin is oily, acne prone, white head prone, and I do have some redness on my cheeks, and sometimes on my t zone.

I was looking for a antioxidant serum to add to my routine. I was hoping to delay signs of aging, and prevent it as much as I can. I was also hoping it would help heal my red pigmentation from old acne. Unfortunately, I broke out. I used it for a week and just kept breaking out. There was also no visible difference in my skin (other than new breakouts of course), but I do believe you would need to use it longer than one week to see results. I used it twice a day, morning and night. It was very lightweight and not greasy. My skin drank it up pretty quickly.

The packaging is nice and small. It has a very tiny tip, so you won't waste a lot of product as long as you don't squeeze too hard.

There is no added fragrance or anything like that, so there isn't really a scent to it. Of course there's the slight scent of the ingredients, but nothing else and it's barley noticeable.

Overall, I would recommend trying it out and seeing how your skin reacts. I returned mine and got a refund, which is always nice!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this serum as a sample. I have been using this for 3 days now because there is a lot in a sample and I only use it at night. This serum is lighter than other serums that I have tried, but still leave my face feeling slightly greasy. And this serum didn't really do anything to my face, I feel nothing special after I used it. Glad I got it as a sample but didn't purchase the full size one.

on 6/19/2015 3:17:00 PM

Turned my face yellow around the edges for whatever reason. Used it under moisturizer with spf (cant remember what one this was 2 years ago) and light makeup...neither the moisturizer nor the makeup caused "yellowing" on its own so I narrowed it down to this. Other than that it felt sticky. Whether it did or would improve skin or not I don't know couldn't wear it long enough to find out. Caused me to sweat more than normal. Just overall no thanks-but it didn't irritate me or break me out