Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gets a big fat NOPE from me.
This is basically silicone you're rubbing all over your face. Which I have nothing against silicone when it's in TINY amounts but when it's the first two ingredients it wrecked havoc on my skin. It feels like a silicone primer you put on before makeup except thicker and doesn't sink in all the way. It irritated my skin and broke me out. No thank you Paula's choice, I'll be passing on this one.

I thought this will be better.

Meh. I find it's too silicone-heavy for my liking. I didn't see much change in my skin and, even though I have a combo skin, this wasn't hydrating enough for me. Pass.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought some samples and started to applying it for twice a week

At first two weeks i did not notice anything, but on 3rd week i felt my skin more even , soft and acne free , it sure reduced my acne scars !! The only con is that the size of the full product is small for the price

Anyway you can take samples to try and here is $10 off https://goo.gl/qfTpOR

This product was really just ok...I realize I am not at an age where an anti-aging serum is really all that necessary, but this serum doesn't contain retinol so I'm a little skeptical on how anti-aging it really is...? That being said, it's kind of expensive for the amount you receive and the lack of effects I noticed. it made my skin feel very soft, but didn't really seem to be fading any dark spots. I tried it for about a month with little to no results. it may have even contributed to a few breakouts, but I can't be sure of it. What I did notice was that it started to turn my face yellow. The product itself comes out as a light yellow fluid, and over time made my face develop a slight yellow tint, which wasn't pleasant.

While I didn't care too much for this product, I do like quite a few of Paula's other products, but just be sure to do your research beforehand! heres a link for $10 off your order (new customers only I believe) - https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Managed to get my hands on the samples for this product. It was of a yellowish liquid that dried to a matte finish. Very light on my skin which is very suitable under make up especially for my oily combination skin. Tried it for the first time and loved it! i eventually bought the full sized product.

The full sized product came in a smaller tube than expected. it was opaque with a really small opening, which i really like cause it helps maintain the quality of the ingredients in the tube. despite the small opening I did not have any difficulty squeezing the product out. one squeeze does not spread very far so i assume this product will finish quite quickly.

I used it with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask overnight and woke up with awesome and smooth skin. Will continue using the serum for a longer period and provide an update in due course.

I got my paula's choice products from their Australia's site. If you are interested you can use the below link to get AUD15.00 off your first purchase:

Hope this review helps :)

on 7/1/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's no secret that I'm a big PC fan. After years of struggling with acne, Paula's products have given me the best skin of my life. There are a couple I have been disappointed in but the customer service has been excellent and an alternative has always been supplied.
I'd never used a serum before I tried this one but I was impressed by the ingredients and felt that my skin needed a boost. I apply it after my Resist BHA and before my retin A. It has a smooth, slippery texture that absorbs immediately, leaving my skin feeling soft, smooth and ready for my sunscreen. I don't notice any stickiness or yellowing. I have noticed an overall clearness to my skin since I started using it. My skin texture has evened out, scars have faded and dark marks from acne scars have disappeared. I'm very happy with PC Resist Ultra-Light AOX Concentrate Serum and will continue to use it. HG for me!

on 6/30/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Soothes Skin, Smells Great, Softens Skin, Moisturizes, Packaging
Cons: Heavy, Sticky
Best Uses: Night Serum, Daily Use, Normal To Oily Skin, Sensitive Skin

I have tried almost all Paula's Choice serums, and Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of the best of the brand (my other favorite is Calm Repairing Serum). The Resist product is a silky liquid, fragrance free but with a fresh and natural scent. The packaging is a tube with a narrow tip which works well for dispensing small amounts, and can be cut open to extract the last precious drops. I have normal to oily combination skin, and I found this product to be a bit too heavy for day time use. Although it sinks in fairly well, its viscous texture doesn't allow it to spread as thinly as some other serums I have tried, and it does leave some stickiness. Having said that, it is superior to all others I've tried as a night serum, out-performing some highly coveted premium brands for a fraction of the cost. Resist Ultra-Light adds a boost of antioxidants and moisture after applying AHA or Retin-A and before moisturizer. I find that when I use this serum, the other skin care steps in my routine are more effective. My skin feels healthy and plumped, soothed after acid or treatment, and my moisturizer has more longevity through the night. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG! my skin drinks this up!

on 12/12/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Paula's Choice products are a hit or miss for me; I love some of them and dislike others. This one I love and it's one of the four serums that I have on rotation. It's absolutely lovely and fantastic for my skin. It has a light texture, sinks in immediately, doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me oily. I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.