Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 6/30/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Soothes Skin, Smells Great, Softens Skin, Moisturizes, Packaging
Cons: Heavy, Sticky
Best Uses: Night Serum, Daily Use, Normal To Oily Skin, Sensitive Skin

I have tried almost all Paula's Choice serums, and Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of the best of the brand (my other favorite is Calm Repairing Serum). The Resist product is a silky liquid, fragrance free but with a fresh and natural scent. The packaging is a tube with a narrow tip which works well for dispensing small amounts, and can be cut open to extract the last precious drops. I have normal to oily combination skin, and I found this product to be a bit too heavy for day time use. Although it sinks in fairly well, its viscous texture doesn't allow it to spread as thinly as some other serums I have tried, and it does leave some stickiness. Having said that, it is superior to all others I've tried as a night serum, out-performing some highly coveted premium brands for a fraction of the cost. Resist Ultra-Light adds a boost of antioxidants and moisture after applying AHA or Retin-A and before moisturizer. I find that when I use this serum, the other skin care steps in my routine are more effective. My skin feels healthy and plumped, soothed after acid or treatment, and my moisturizer has more longevity through the night. I will definitely repurchase!

on 7/19/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I just finished one tube of this serum and purchased another. Very happy with it. It is the first layer I apply after washing my face in the morning. My mineral makeup layers well over it, whether my skin is drier in the winter or a bit prone to oiliness in the summer.

I chose this serum because of its Vitamin C content. It has delivered the promised results by helping to fade some hyper-pigmented areas of my face where I had acne spots. The packaging works well because it protects the product from light and from oxygen.

Unlike some of the reviewers, I've not experienced yellowing of my skin since using this serum. No other negative effects either. I was most concerned about the silicon content possibly causing acne, but that has not been a problem. It probably helps that the serum is water-based rather than oil-based.

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. An effective, high-quality product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Note: I had originally put this review in the RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
but the product I've been using is the RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.

I'd rate this product 4.5 lipsticks with the deduction for the price tag in comparison to the amount of product. However, it's definitely much cheaper than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum. I like that product but not enough to repurchase it on a regular basis.

I had concerns about the yellow colour of the product and I had read comments on Paula's Choice website about having yellow stains on the face.
Fortunately that hasn't happened to me. I use just a pea size of the serum so it spreads evenly without colour.

After regular use of this serum, my skin does look better in terms of overall texture and radiance. My makeup goes on much better as well.
I apply it after Retin-A at night and this combination works well for my skin.
I have very sensitive skin with rosacea and this serum doesn't irritate it or aggravate my rosacea.

Paula's Choice skin care products can be hit and miss but this one is a hit.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really wanted this to work for me but it broke me out in tiny whiteheads after a few days of use.

Will not repurchase.

on 1/26/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First, some background: My skin is sensitive, clog prone, and dry/combo. Most aox serums either irritate my skin or cause clogged pores. I was using Replenix Power of 3 Serum for a while, but it seemed to dry me out (plus it was $54/oz!) so I ventured out for a substitute. I had tried PC's other aox serums in the past, but they were so full of silicones that they clogged my pores. So when I heard about this ultra-light version, I decided to give it a try. And wow!

This serum is very soothing to my sensitive skin. It is not necessarily moisturizing, but it doesn't make my skin feel dry/tight either. It does not have the slimy silicony feel of her other serums. It is light as the name implies, but still soothing. With regular use it has cleared my skin - no more clogged pores and bumps! It also seems to help with undereye wrinkles/texture. My skin really does love this stuff.

I have been using this for several months, and have already purchased backups when it was on sale. It has seriously made a difference in my skin.

I love this Resist Ultra Light serum. It is very lightweight and water based, and feels like nothing on the skin. Wonderful for the warmer weather! It contains some great ingredients like niacinamide and vitamin c and has really given my skin a nice even tone. I might like a tad more moisture since I am "mature", so I contacted PC and the SA rec'd the Resist Skin Brightening Treatment. I do already use the Resist Super Antioxidant serum around my eyes, but it's too heavy for all over my face. Hoping the SB one is right in the middle, weight and moisture-wise. They all have wonderful antioxidants, but according to the SA, the Super one has the most vit c, and the Brightening one has the most niacinamide, but they both contain them. Price is quite reasonable when comparing to drugstore and dept store, taking into account the frequent discounts and free shipping, excellent customer service and no animal testing.

on 3/3/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is about as close to "holy grail" as I have come to. I have tried 2 other antioxidant formulas from this brand, and I just never liked the textures--too greasy feeling, or tacky. And I just couldn't see any improvement in my skin. I was happy to see this new product come out; the reviews have been consistently good on the company site (no, Paula Begoun does NOT only publish good reviews, there are plenty of complaints, too). I ordered it, it came, I've used it a few days and I am very happy with the product. It is like a gel-serum, not sticky at all. There is no detectable finish, except that my skin feels very soft and smooth. I have had no reactions, no breakouts, some of my active blemishes seem to be healing faster than they usually do. That is perhaps more subjective a feeling. At any rate, I think she finally got it right on this one, depending on one's preferences in the feel of a product and expectations. Skincare is not a one-size-fits-all prospect. This is in the higher price range for this brand, but considering that a similar product in another more "elite" brand would probably cost at least $60 to begin with--and most likely would not be as well-formulated or have ineffective packaging which would ruin a nice product--this is actually a pretty good bargain. It works for me: my skin feels and looks "happy" and healthy. This is a keeper.