Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

When I first started out with skincare, this was my go-to antioxidant serum. However, after many price hikes I no longer find it worth the money. While the ingredients are good, they aren't so spectacular as to warrant almost $40 for a 1 oz tube. There are plenty of products with comparable ingredient lists that cost half as much. Especially with the eruption of K-Beauty products, there are just so many affordable, antioxidant-packed serums and essences on the market that purchasing this just feels like a waste. I've found also that while it may not aggravate redness, it doesn't do much to help it either.

However, the real winner with this product and why it is so popular is because its consistency, texture, and finish are absolutely amazing for daytime use (which is when you're supposed to use an antioxidant serum). It is lightly hydrating, sinks in nicely, and plays well with other topicals and makeup.

If you are interested, you can get $10 off by using my referral link: http://goo.gl/6yGFNf

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I use this everyday, I apply over my Vitamin C E Ferulic serum once its dry. This stuff is very light and absorbs quickly and easily leaving no trace on the skin which makes it great for layering products. After this I apply my spf Moisturiser. It is expensive for the amount you get, I try to buy when on offer. My skin has massively improved over a few months but that's with use of several products to target my problem areas. I see this as more of a preventative measure of skin care and I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/12/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Paula's Choice products are a hit or miss for me; I love some of them and dislike others. This one I love and it's one of the four serums that I have on rotation. It's absolutely lovely and fantastic for my skin. It has a light texture, sinks in immediately, doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me oily. I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 10/1/2015 1:57:00 AM

Every time I discover something that's effective but pricey, I try to find a cheaper alternative. Sometimes the gamble pays off, but this time I tried a bunch of less expensive serums and this one still wins. I don't know exactly why but this just calms my combo, acne-prone, 36-year old skin. Acne marks seem to fade/heal faster and makeup goes on more smoothly.

I apply a larger amount at night before bed, and if my skin feels dry, a bit in the morning under foundation. And with promo codes for the Paula's Choice website, the price goes down a bit. I'll keep repurchasing. I also think it smells nice though I'm not sure what I think it smells like - nothing I can put my finger on.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another fantastic product from Paula's Choice.

This serum is everything I ever wanted. I have really oily skin and do not use moisturizers (they just add to my shine and leave small whiteheads behind). This feels like water, but it's magic.

If I put it on right after washing, my face feels NORMAL. Not greasy,not dry, not tight. Nothing. Like perfect skin. Obviously my oil production kicks in and eventually shine returns, but this product is great. I get anti aging ingredients and whenever my skin feels a bit tight or too exfoliated, I just apply it right before my acne treatments.

I highly recommend this serum to anyone who wants to remedy dry patches or tightness in otherwise oily skin. The price is moderately high, but it lasts a long time.

on 4/7/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Unfortunately, unlike the original, this product did almost nothing for my normal-combination skin. It absorbed VERY well, but afterwards my skin never felt even the slightest bit moisturized. Oddly enough, after only a few hours (after applying lotion and foundation) it made my face an oil slick. I've used this product 1-2 times a week over several months thinking my skin would get used to it but received the same result. Still love most of Paula's products though.

on 11/25/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin simply drinks this serum and is left smoothed, soothed and not a dry patch in sight. This is hands down the best serum I have tried. It is a sort of runny gel with a slight orangy scent (which is not fragrance but simply the smell of the combined ingredients - the product is unscented like all PC products). I don't need moisturizer for dry skin when I use this, which otherwise is a must. I already repurchased.

on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product- it just seems to provide a bit of extra moisure, which I need in winter after the Resist Hydrator gel. I also use it on my dear partner, and he loves it! Overall my skin feels soothed after applying, and I am able to put on areas where I get seborrheic dermatitis (which are super sensitive) without issues.
Edited to add: after I started using a retinol product, I found that I sometimes get a little sting with this product, although I can use the Resist BHA and Vit C without issues. So I reduced using it. That said, I loved using this to thin down foundations, to give more of a tinted moisturizer effect.

on 6/15/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Good serum although not a miracle and I'm not sure whether it really improved my skin since I used it at the same time as BHA, Clear Skin Hydrator and the Skin Balancing Serum (all PC products). Still, it did not break me out or cause any other problems and I've used up a whole tube of it and have ordered another one. Rather expensive but hopefully the ingredients are beneficial in the long term. I like the fact that PC does not test on animals.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This serum is full of great ingredients for skin, and has a very elegant texture. But unfortunately it also has a YELLOW color to it. At first it looks translucent with a yellow tint, but give it a couple minutes on skin and it dries down YELLOW. On my fair/light skin (MAC NC15) it makes me look jaundiced. I've purchased a full tube, and discarded it once finally realized that it is not my liver but the Anti-ox serum that gives me a lovely yellow skin.
I'd say try a sample first, especially if you have fair or light skin.
If it were not for the yellow color, this would have earned solid five lippies!