Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 5/16/2017 9:49:00 AM

This is a great product! Doesn't make me oily or break me out. Very light and absorbs instantly without feeling sticky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG! my skin drinks this up!

on 8/27/2015 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have repurchased this item 4 times. My skin loves it. It's wonderful at night (I never wake up to any major eruptions with this) and it's great for hydration under makeup (my skin doesn't do well with traditional moisturizer under makeup during the day, and I've tried everything). It doesn't compete with primer, or foundation when I skip primers... It kind of acts as a primer and moisturizer when skipping steps in the AM and hydrates well solo at night.

It really fades dark spots well, and fairly quickly (hyperpigmentation). It evens out skin tone, and gets rid of dry, scaly patches that makeup tend to point out and stick to (I have oily, yet combination with surface dehydration, acne prone skin--I know! Lucky me...).

It's expensive, but it's frequently on 20% off sale with free shipping and I find each tube lasts me a few months. For the price, I'd appreciate sturdier packaging with a pump. But overall, I always come back to this when I stray, and my skin always thanks me for it! This is really good stuff! Her other serums are just too heavy for me. This one is good for acne, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines and can be used as an eye cream (whole face). HG!

on 6/19/2015 3:17:00 PM

Turned my face yellow around the edges for whatever reason. Used it under moisturizer with spf (cant remember what one this was 2 years ago) and light makeup...neither the moisturizer nor the makeup caused "yellowing" on its own so I narrowed it down to this. Other than that it felt sticky. Whether it did or would improve skin or not I don't know couldn't wear it long enough to find out. Caused me to sweat more than normal. Just overall no thanks-but it didn't irritate me or break me out

I recently bought this serum as it seemed to have some really great ingredients in it. However this did NOT work for me. Completely irritated my skin and made me break out. I would not recommend this product.

on 4/29/2014 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am in shock right now...this turned my face YELLOW not slightly but a serious orangey yellow, what's scary is I've been using it for a while and only just realized it! Thinking back there were definitely times when I got in the car and noticed an orange face but I thought it was the makeup since I'm always trying new fndtn but this was the culprit! I figured it out bc I hAd a dr appt so no makeup and omg....it took 2.5 cotton pads with toner to get it all and they were literally turmeric yellow. So that's a huge fail with this stuff, also I really didn't notice a difference using it. I guess it would be good in a pinch if you didn't hAve time for self tanner? Ugh idk. Bad bAd bad.

on 4/12/2014 8:59:00 AM

Finally a PC serum for people with oily/combo or acne prone skin. I know that Paula used to say her super antioxidant serum was for everyone but really it was not, I can only wear it in the winter when my skin is on the dryer side. This new serum, however, I can wear all year round, and a plus for me is it does not contain retinol, I use prescription strength retin-a and don't need more retinol on top of it.

I've been using this for about 6 weeks, I ordered a tube when I went to order a full bottle of the C15 booster (I had used a sample for quite a while). I now apply these two products together at night and couldn't be happier with the results. It's hard to say whether it's this serum or simply the c15 that is making such a dramatic difference in my skin, I think it's probably the c15 that is having the greatest effect, but I know this serum contains wonderful ingredients and is doing my skin good. I could definitely wear this during the day as well, it soaks in completely, much like a light moisturizer, and it doesn't leave a film or greasy feeling behind.

The only downside is that, because it's very thin and somewhat watery , you have to use more of it than PC's other serums. But I'm ok with that, I wasn't using a serum at all anymore during half the year, so this will be my warm weather go-to, while I will revert back to the super antioxidant one once the weather starts to turn again. I would definitely recommend ordering a few samples and giving it a try.

on 12/18/2013 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product on a whim, just to bump up my purchases to get free shipping. And I am really glad I did. I used Paula's Skin Balancing serum years ago and did not like it, but this is great. As background, I have pale, slightly sensitive, combination skin. I still get the occasional pimple.

I use this every morning after spraying my face with rosewater. The texture is watery and it is easily spread on your skin. I just dot it around my face and then gently rub it in. Probably my only qualm with this product is that I'm not entirely sure how much to use, but it's not a big deal. I then apply sunscreen an hour or so later.

After a few weeks of daily use, I have found my skin is looking less blotchy and blemishes heal more quickly. I have not experienced any irritation, dryness or oiliness.

I use a serum, retinol or exfoliant most nights and I really like using an effective product during the day as well. I would heartily recommend this product and plan to repurchase.

My HG multi function serum. I also put on Vit c or whitening serum after this for different treatments depending on my mood but this is a staple twice a day treatment for me definitely.

on 9/15/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Paula's choice as a company seems to divide people; I for one find the reviews on the website of other product lines sanctimonious and self-righteous, and hardly unbiased considering that the site shamelessly promotes its own cosmetic range. Also, some of the 'scientific' information can sometimes be a little 'off'. However, i have to eat some humble pie here: this is a great serum. Although the product is marketed towards combination/oily skin, I think that this would be suitable for all skin types as it is not drying. For the price this product is amazing value, it is packed with great ingredients. Indeed, if this were made by a so-called premium line, you could pay in excess of £70. I have oily yet sensitive skin and this product has caused no irritation or breakouts. In addition, as I sometimes have stubble, this serum absorbs straight away and doesn't clump into the beard area. Furthermore, I use some prescription topicals and this, along with some of the other items in the Paula's choice range, is easy to incorporate with these.