Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 5/13/2017 1:12:00 AM

This is a light version of a regular antioxidant serum for people with oily and combination skin. I personally prefer the original one but this one is a great alternative if I want to use a heavier moisturizer. I usually apply it after exfoliating my skin to allow all the nutrients to penetrate my skin and do their work. You will notice that you skin is healthier and more glowing pretty soon after consistent use. Highly recommend. For $10 off follow this link https://goo.gl/byQqpB

on 4/24/2017 10:30:00 PM

I really like the antioxidants and other good ingredients in this serum and it doesn't seem to cause break outs for me, but it is just too light in texture. I find it's so light you use a normal amount of product and poof it's gone and you've only applied it to a small portion of your face. You have to use more product than usual to apply to your entire face, more than any serum I've ever used. It's unfortunate because for the price, I go through this much too quickly for it to be worth buying. It's kind of an unusual problem for a product. It's not super hydrating either, which is fine for summer months or those with normal or oily skin. If it weren't pricey, i'd continue buying it though.

Meh. I find it's too silicone-heavy for my liking. I didn't see much change in my skin and, even though I have a combo skin, this wasn't hydrating enough for me. Pass.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Managed to get my hands on the samples for this product. It was of a yellowish liquid that dried to a matte finish. Very light on my skin which is very suitable under make up especially for my oily combination skin. Tried it for the first time and loved it! i eventually bought the full sized product.

The full sized product came in a smaller tube than expected. it was opaque with a really small opening, which i really like cause it helps maintain the quality of the ingredients in the tube. despite the small opening I did not have any difficulty squeezing the product out. one squeeze does not spread very far so i assume this product will finish quite quickly.

I used it with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask overnight and woke up with awesome and smooth skin. Will continue using the serum for a longer period and provide an update in due course.

I got my paula's choice products from their Australia's site. If you are interested you can use the below link to get AUD15.00 off your first purchase:

Hope this review helps :)

on 11/22/2015 5:56:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I have oily, acne prone skin and never thought a serum would be helpful. Boy was I wrong. The antioxidants really help keep my skin clearer, and most days it is all the moisture that I need. In winter I layer this under my moisturizer at night, and I wake up with glowy skin that I can't stop touching! I've been using this for about a year and this is definitely a staple for me.

Serums are a tricky thing, and boy do the companies market them cleverly. They're expensive as all hell, and we're often told we shouldn't expect amazing, immediate results with them. We need to stick with one for the long term and, so we're told, our skin will thank us for it as we age. We're supposed to just trust the companies when they say this, even as they price serums higher than any other skincare product. Even Paula Begoun is guilty of this, and honesty and transparency is the main thrust of her brand.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have an immediately apparent result to report with this serum, and it's a doozy. Since incorporating this into my skin care regime, I no longer experience breakouts. At all. I'm not kidding. The only times I've gotten a pimple since using this have been when I haven't washed my face or followed my skin care routine for a couple days. Even then, it's just one pimple. It's interesting because this serum isn't necessarily marketed as an acne-fighting product, but it's kicked my acne's butt six ways to Sunday. I started using a BHA exfoliant a long time ago (PC RESIST Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA), and that dramatically improved my skin and reduced acne. Then I started using PC Clear benzoyl peroxide treatment and that helped a bit more. But nothing actually prevented breakouts quite like this serum. I started using this while changing nothing else about my routine, and suddenly I have no more pimples. And it seems to have faded the marks from old pimples very quickly. Also of note: it applies easily around the eyes with no irritation.

Having no pimples certainly seems like this product is worth the price, but I've also tried to use it in such a way that it will save me money in the long term. For instance, I don't think I need toner so much anymore with what this serum does for my skin, so now I only apply toner on nights when I'm removing makeup. I've also relegated my benzoyl peroxide cream to nighttime only instead of twice daily. I am even playing with the idea of trying to phase that out completely to see if I really need it anymore. Finally, at nighttime I just mix a drop of this serum in with my night cream (CeraVae lotion) to give it more mileage. In the morning I apply the serum undiluted as the last step before my SPF day cream (currently RESIST Super-Light SPF 30). I started diluting it at night when I was already partway through my first tube, and my first tube lasted me almost four months this way. So if I can make the tube of serum last five months or more, and cut down on the amount of toner and acne cream I buy, I think I could actually save money using this. And of course Paula has frequent sales, so I never need to pay full price.

The texture of the product is water-light and absorbs instantly. It cannot be felt on the skin post-application. It is marketed to oilier skin types but I myself am not oily. I recommend a quick application because it absorbs so fast.

So there is my testimony for this product and my tips for using it. YMMV, but with all there is to gain I think this serum is worth a try. I've just started my second tube now.

on 7/2/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this serum. It feels nice and my skin looks good after I use it and a little goes a long way. I love that Paula's products are fragrance and dye-free. I'm only 29 so I can't really speak to the anti-aging benefits quite yet, but this does not break me out or make my combo skin any oilier and any fine lines I do have look plumped after use. I use this at night before I apply Paula's moisturizing gel. I have not noticed any yellowing on my skin. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is nice looking, but the product is very liquidy, so if I store the tube laying down, the product runs to the top and explodes out a little when I remove the cap to use it, waisting a bit of product each time. I have to store it balancing it upright which is annoying. I also find if I'm applying it and I set it down on the counter for a sec, product will leak out of the tip. This stuff isn't exactly cheap so the waste drives me nuts.

on 6/29/2015 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The first few times I used this serum, I was extremely impressed. Waking up in the morning, my skin felt incredibly smooth and soft. It seemed to be helping my pores look smaller, as well.

Now that I've been using it for about a month, the benefits seem to have tapered off a bit. At first I thought "Wow, if it works this well after a week, imagine how great my skin will look in a month!" but the change hasn't been that dramatic. I do feel that it has had a lasting positive effect on the appearance of my pores, but the ultra-smooth "baby skin" feeling that I initially got from this product has gone away. I don't feel like it has done anything to even out my skin tone or reduce redness.

Overall, I do like this serum, and so far it doesn't break me out. But I was hoping for more of a noticeable change. I'll continue to use it, and update my review accordingly.

on 5/22/2015 9:36:00 PM

Unfortunately this product breaks me out when applied to the majority of my face - painful cystic acne. However, I noticed in the areas that did not break out, it really worked. My skin looked hydrated and youthful. Not worth the struggle through painful acne unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend this product to those with sensitive skin.

I now use it as an eye cream day and night. It plumps my fine lines better than any actual eye cream i've used. Not a total loss! Hooray! :)

on 1/16/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great formula for oily skins and those who just prefer a light, moisturizing gel-like serum over the more viscous, slippery kind. A mainstay in my routine.