Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

I have combination to oily skin.

This serum is packed full of great antioxidantes. It would've earned a 5/5 from me if it wasn't just so full of silicones. The texture, everything about it was just silicone-y and it wasn't all that pleasant to apply. It also felt heavy on my skin and I felt like my pores were clogged - even if they probably weren't. I just couldn't get over how this felt like on my face.

It's also a lot more expensive than it used to be. For a lot less expensive you could get a serum of similar quality, especially with korean brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gets a big fat NOPE from me.
This is basically silicone you're rubbing all over your face. Which I have nothing against silicone when it's in TINY amounts but when it's the first two ingredients it wrecked havoc on my skin. It feels like a silicone primer you put on before makeup except thicker and doesn't sink in all the way. It irritated my skin and broke me out. No thank you Paula's choice, I'll be passing on this one.

This product was really just ok...I realize I am not at an age where an anti-aging serum is really all that necessary, but this serum doesn't contain retinol so I'm a little skeptical on how anti-aging it really is...? That being said, it's kind of expensive for the amount you receive and the lack of effects I noticed. it made my skin feel very soft, but didn't really seem to be fading any dark spots. I tried it for about a month with little to no results. it may have even contributed to a few breakouts, but I can't be sure of it. What I did notice was that it started to turn my face yellow. The product itself comes out as a light yellow fluid, and over time made my face develop a slight yellow tint, which wasn't pleasant.

While I didn't care too much for this product, I do like quite a few of Paula's other products, but just be sure to do your research beforehand! heres a link for $10 off your order (new customers only I believe) - https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

on 11/22/2015 5:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this serum, but unfortunately I can't. My skin is oily, acne prone, white head prone, and I do have some redness on my cheeks, and sometimes on my t zone.

I was looking for a antioxidant serum to add to my routine. I was hoping to delay signs of aging, and prevent it as much as I can. I was also hoping it would help heal my red pigmentation from old acne. Unfortunately, I broke out. I used it for a week and just kept breaking out. There was also no visible difference in my skin (other than new breakouts of course), but I do believe you would need to use it longer than one week to see results. I used it twice a day, morning and night. It was very lightweight and not greasy. My skin drank it up pretty quickly.

The packaging is nice and small. It has a very tiny tip, so you won't waste a lot of product as long as you don't squeeze too hard.

There is no added fragrance or anything like that, so there isn't really a scent to it. Of course there's the slight scent of the ingredients, but nothing else and it's barley noticeable.

Overall, I would recommend trying it out and seeing how your skin reacts. I returned mine and got a refund, which is always nice!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this serum as a sample. I have been using this for 3 days now because there is a lot in a sample and I only use it at night. This serum is lighter than other serums that I have tried, but still leave my face feeling slightly greasy. And this serum didn't really do anything to my face, I feel nothing special after I used it. Glad I got it as a sample but didn't purchase the full size one.

on 10/18/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes from this product Infact all of paula's choice products but it broke me into cystic acne. I've tried all her cleansers cheap packaging cheap products some were very drying like skin balancing n hydralight whereas others broke me out. I tried all toners and exfoliants from her line but totally disappointed though I love her approach on skincare but her products were total trash. Tried all her serums some where too heavy and even this particular ultra light serum was way heavy for me as it contains LOADS of silicone broke me out like crazy. Her superlight n ultra sheer sunscreens dried my skin out while the hydralight made me the oiliest and caused clogged pores. I am from india where Paulas choice not available online I had to pay thrice the amount for her products (shipping charges etc). Shame on u Paula for such awful products. What a waste of time energy money and most of all my skin. Everyone out there pls refrain from buying her products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for three days. I use it after my BHA toner, before moisturizer/sunscreen/tretinoin (depending on am/pm).

Day 1: Right cheek only, no problems the next day.
Day 2: All over face, no problems on the same day.
Day 3: All over face, noticed increased red clogged pores on right cheek, a few more clogged pores on forehead and left cheek.

It's currently PM on day 3 and I'm going to restrict this to the right cheek only tonight and see what happens. I suspect I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this product, I had the same reaction to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen. Will update accordingly. Bleh, I'm disappointed because I really wanted this product to work. Glad that I only have the sample and not the expensive full size!

Update 13/10/14: I tried adding this into my routine for the past couple of days, at night only. Little red clogged pores again!! Ok ditching this. I'm not sure what exactly my skin is reacting to but I suspect it's the 'cones, cause it's the first time I've used a product with cones. Oh well!

This is a great product that works, but without the heavy price tag. Paula's Choice has many well-formulated and relatively inexpensive skincare products that actually work. My skin is combination/oily, clog-prone, and prone to hormonal cystic acne during TOTM. Basically my skincare aim has been to find good products that keep my acne under control, as well as hydrate and prevent premature aging by using serums and lightweight creams with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. I chose to incorporate this serum into my morning routine after using the RESIST BHA 2%. I also mix a few drops of the C15 booster into this serum to give my skin a Vitamin C boost underneath my SS (Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 50). The serum has a very light, watery consistency, which is good compared to her other serums which tend to be very silicone-heavy. Nothing wrong with 'cones for me, but I know many people are sensitive to them. This hydrates my skin very lightly without clogging my pores or making my skin feel greasy.

Also, this does have a very slight yellow tint to it, which goes on clear on my skin. Because I have very fair skin, I near cancelled my order after reading online that women with fair skin were finding that their skin looked "jaundiced" and "yellow" with this serum on. Luckily, I never had that problem and my skin is around a MAC NC15-20. It has a clear yellow tint to it, but no color or coverage at all on the skin. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My background - 20, oily skin, prone to breakouts/clogged pores and redness in the t-zone. I decided to buy this product based on the glowing reviews here. As I'm getting into my twenties, I'm more concerned with the quality of my skincare and preventing premature aging and repairing the damage I incurred when I was a teen (tanning... not washing my face... the list goes on). As soon as I got the product, I noticed how great the packaging was. It's opaque and had a very precise tip applicator so that you don't end up getting more product than you need. When I went to bed that night, I used the serum after I removed my makeup, cleansed and toned. My skin literally drank it right in and felt so incredibly soft and balanced. After about 10 minutes, I applied my moisturizer and eye cream and went to bed. I kid you not, this stuff is amazing! When I woke up, my skin was softer, less red and my blemishes seemed to be healing right up. I continue to see improvements with every use in the tone and texture of my skin. I absolutely love this serum and will continue to buy unless they discontinue it. HG status right here.