Milani Color Statement Lipstick-Red Label

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I intially got this lipstick because I read on some website that it was a dupe for MAC ruby woo. It is definitely NOT a dupe for Ruby woo but it is to some extent more 'classy' looking. I feel like nobody can go wrong if they paired this lipstick with a formal gathering. It looks almost something you would expect royal women to wear. It is not heavy on the lips and at times I forget I have lipstick on because it is that 'flexible' non the lips; as some lipticks tend to make your lips feel pulled when talking or eating etc. The only thing I must say about this lipstick which made me give it a 4/5 is that you HAVE to use a lip liner with it because it does bleed/spread without one. It lasts a long time and I lasted one meal, snacks and many sips of water/tea etc (about 4 hours) before I needed reapplication.

Bottom line: Great lipstick and I would definitely recommend it to others and repurchase it myself.

on 3/3/2016 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

milani has some good lipsticks this is my most recent purchase and it is identical in texture to macs cremesheens no lie. This color is a pretty red but after wearing turns a lil pinkish also needs a lip liner but overall it is very nice.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I bought this lipstick a couple of months back, and it is a blue based red I didn't like this shade at first bought 2! btw :(and threw it in the trash, then, i gave it another try, and WOW, i'm glad i did. The cream finish is AMAZING 4 the price (ahem.. MAC, Estee Lauder!!!!) its between satin-y and cream unlike the other shades,and with a lip liner, it doesn't bleed (Makes my teeth really white!!)I will buy this shade again!!!

on 1/20/2015 5:03:00 PM

I bought this lipstick on a whim. It was on clearance (less than half price) at my local Walgreens. I needed another red lipstick like I needed a hole in my head, however, the price was right. When I got home I tried it on, and was quite surprised. It went on really well, and the color was quite nice. I started playing around with other red lipsticks using this (Red Label) as a base (I am always experimenting). I was pleasantly surprised at the versatility of this lipstick. Not only does it look good on its own, it pairs well with other reds (whether the other lipstick is red-orange, blue-red, or neutral. It provides a base that allows other (red) lipsticks to adhere to. I even wore it alone with a gloss and it wore quite well. I always wear a clear lip liner (with all lipsticks), it is more economical and just looks better (I think). I did not notice any feathering or dryness.

Whether you use this lipstick as a base (with other red shades) or alone, it is worth it. I wore this with another red lipstick (a different, more expensive red); the more costly red wore off within a few hours, however, the Red Label was still there.

For me, this was a very good and pleasant investment.

on 9/4/2014 11:02:00 PM

I ordered red label and sangria online. Just got them today and I couldn't wait to try them on! Sangria was very nice but I was rather disappointed with red label. I was undecided between red label and best red before I ordered because I wanted a neutral or even slightly warm toned red due to my yellow toned skin. Red label looks blueish but I wanted to try a cream finish and from what i heard the milani red lipsticks all look very similar, so I got red label.
The cream finish of this lipstick is not necessarily "moisturizing", it is just more slippery than the matte sangria which I did not find one bit drying like many matte lipsticks are. The colour of red label is more on the cool side which i do not love. The texture reminds me of those lipsticks that feel like paint (e.g. some bright cream colours from revlon super lustrous line) - the kind that is garishly bright, sits on the surface on your lips,and tends to travel easily thus makes a precise application difficult.

on 2/12/2014 4:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this line and shade. beautiful creamy red so saturated with pigment. feels and looks better than my estee lauder lipsticks. color doesn't bleed and goes great with my skin tone: neutral ivory complexion.

on 8/16/2013 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is my HG red. It's a beautiful blue based red, it smells delicious (though it does fade quickly if you don't like that sort of thing), and it lasts forever. I've seriously worn this all day and have gotten away with touching it up with a little Carmex after I ate and still looked great. When it does fade, it fades to a nice looking stain.

on 7/25/2013 1:20:00 PM

This red is the only non-matte red that looks good on me. Its creamy and opaque and it compliments my tanned summer skin well. Milani lipsticks are around $3 at my Walmart and I own a few of them and I love them all.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Reds rarely good on me and i'm so glad that i've finally one that does!! Even better, it does not break the bank! i'm a mmm w/ yellow undertones, currently a c40 in mac foundations. This color looks like a warm toned red on me that really complements my skin and doesnt make me look clown-like. The formula is pretty smooth w/ a pleasant scent.

on 3/2/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is definitely one of the most flattering red lipsticks I've found. It's a red cream with no shimmer, but a little bit of sheen (since it's so creamy). It's not drying, but I did notice a bit of bleeding after a few hours of wear, so I need a lipliner with it. Otherwise, the color and texture are really superb, and it wears pretty well and leaves a bit of a stain, so I get a good 5+ hours of wear.

The biggest problem I have with these lipsticks is the smell. It's not the worst I've ever smelled, but it's strong. It's kind of melon-y, kind of plasticky. It does go away, and doesn't leave a nasty taste in my mouth. For $5.50USD, I can deal with it, but someone very sensitive to smells might be put off by it.

The packaging is nothing special, just a shiny gold tube that isn't too bulky or weirdly shaped. The cap is pretty secure, so I don't have to worry about getting red lipstick all over the inside of my purse.

I would buy this color and other colors again-I think the new line of lipsticks by Milani are excellent, for the most part.