Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Her

Very Sexy for Her

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I headed into the local Victoria's Secret that always seems to be jammed packed just to try this fragrance out. I was intrigued after reading all the positive reviews. It smelled like another fruity floral on me. I thought it would much more original. I will not purchase.

on 3/14/2016 1:59:00 AM

Absolutely my favorite scent from VS! Super sexy, spicy and alluring! If you watch around Christmas time you can normally find a sale and get this for around $25 or $30, that's the best time to stock up on their perfumes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this when I was in my 20's. I couldn't pull it off for the life of me. Now in my 30's... I finally get it. I haven't revisited VS fragrances for a long time, but so glad I made the stop today. I was trying on all their new fragrances... and remembered this one and not being a particular fan of it in my younger days. I had sprayed a bunch on the paper testers and thought I really was going to walk away with the Bombshell or Eau So Sexy. I tried all of them actually, and So Sexy was sprayed on my jacket by accident. So I decided to walk around the mall for an hour and shop at other stores and come back to VS to make my final decision. They really are all so lovely in different ways... so it was hard to pick. As the hour passed, the one that intrigued me the most was actually So Sexy... and I was so surprised. So strong yet feminine too... but not girly, not in the least. It's bold and it's memorable... and the red glass bottle with the black jewel cap is so beautiful (I love this new bottle design - it's elegant and looks so gorgeous on my vanity!) It's like a sweet girl went away to the big city and saw things she had never seen before... became the woman she always imagined she would be... this is that fragrance. I can't believe I would like a fragrance like this... and now I'm obsessed. I got the largest bottle... and I didn't even wait for the sale... I wanted it, and I wanted it now. THAT GOOD.

Try it and see if it registers well with your chemistry. If not, there are so many to choose from and VS is definitely worth a visit if you are bored of everything else out there right now!

on 10/2/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample of this, and I can honestly say that I liked the mix of fruity, floral, and spicy notes in this, at least after it settled down a little. The initial note, though, was more pepper, and it came off as one of those sharp, synthetic, cheap fragrances from the 1980s. I'd like it more if I could ignore it for the first half hour--sadly, that is not an option.

This isn't the typical scent I wear but I smelled it on someone else and had to have it. It is the type of fragrance that can send you to headachville realllllll quick.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a great perfume. It's sultry on a budget. Longevity is meh, and sillage is decent. I would rebuy this.

on 9/2/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A smooth fragrance, with a mildly sweet orange topnote, then a wood-ambery & musky depth. Middle-of-the-road in strength and heaviness.

Launched in 2007, here are notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Clementine, Cactus blossom, Pepper
Heart Notes: Hydrangea, Camellia, Mimosa, Vanilla
Base Notes: Amber, Blackberry, Woods, Musk

Personally, I smell only orange-woods-amber-musk -- and none of the other notes listed above. Of all the fruit notes, I'm not a big fan of orange, in general. I enjoy that Very Sexy is smoothly blended, not sharp, not too sweet, and not spicy.

It dries down to an overall sort of "myrrh-ish" scent, to my nose. But to me, the scent isn't all that appealing, really. I've always felt I should like it more than I do -- and it does get a lot of rave reviews. It's certainly lasted for years in their stores, so it must continue to sell well.

I've owned my same bottle for many years (the newer column shape in photo), but I rarely wear it. Fair, not spectacular -- I much prefer many of VS's other fragrances (Very Sexy Forbidden, Eau So Sexy, Victoria, Fearless, Fabulous, Noir Tease, Seduction Dark Orchid, and Night -- just to name a few).

For a VS fragrance, which usually come & go quite quickly, this has lasted a remarkably -- and for me, very surprisingly! -- long time in their stores. Of their "Very Sexy" line, which has launched a slew of flankers and LEs, "Very Sexy Forbidden" has been my favorite (separate review).

This is definitely my favorite perfume. I would describe the scent as clean, smooth and somewhat "deep." I used to wear Victoria's Secret Pink, but I like this one much better. The scent lasts all day and goes great with my body chemistry.

on 10/11/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite fragrance from VS. (Even use to use there shampoo and conditioner from this line just for the scent...performance of the products were just okay)

This scent is just like the name "very sexy". I love wearing on dates out with hubby. The spicy notes just make me feel like my old "pre-baby" self again.

on 11/21/2014 2:50:00 PM

Very Sexy was the first perfume I can remember wearing. In high school it was definitely my signature scent. It's musky, spicy, citrusy, and heavy but for some reason it just works. I hadn't worn it for years until recently - a woman at work smelled really nice, so I stopped her to ask what she had on. When she said Very Sexy I couldn't help but smile. Ordered it online that same night :)

Popular Fragrances