ghd Eclipse

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
ghd Eclipse
Eclipse

4.2

I frankly just think this wasn't for my hair type.

The great thing about it is that it gives great results in very little time. Fast start up, nearly one stroke and straightened. The only problem is no heat adjustment. This was way too hot for my hair--it conducts heat extremely well that it ended up frying my hair even with protectant on (could literally hear frizzling sometimes).

I grew my hair out for, say, four years, to repair previous damage from earlier hair endeavors, and now my hair is back in bad shape again because of the Eclipse. I used it only once a week for two months.

I'm sad, in a way, to have to let this straightener go, because the results really were amazing. But this really isn't something good for my wavy 2a/b hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been on a styling tool kick recently and I was look for a fab new device that took the effort out of styling hair,I've tried both the classic styler and the gold classic,let me say that the gold is the most EPIC fail from GHD this styler has a gap between the plates making styling difficult as hell,my hair would always slip out the gap,it annoyed me to the point where I would curse the darn thing,giving up in the middle of the styling process eventually I returned it and the technician also agreed that the gap made it near impossible to style hair with so they gave me another gold classic styler,went home attempted to use it,same issue as before the horrid gap between the plates,at this point I was ready for a full refund until they told me it was impossible I had to choose another product,so I decided on the eclipse,I would test it out this time before actually deciding to take it,I tested it out 3 times and fell instantly inlove! It heated up so fast didn't snag my hair or even have a gap lol YAY! It gave a nice smooth sliky finish leaving my hair looking like I was a shiny haired goddess of some sort,I use my styler for both straightening and curling so I tested its capacity to curl which is also impressive,for the rec I have thick asian hair which is difficult to style because it takes forever and plus its super long so styling can be hell at times but the ECLIPSE makes it so easy(btw does anyone else think of twilight everytime they see that word or is it just me?)This device has restored my faith in GHD and I would buy this again unless something better and more futuristic came out! TIP: if u are having difficulty with this styler go check out the youtube videos by GHD showing how it works and also the best way to use it,I found this really helpful also bonus for the variety of styles they show you how to do. Hope this review was helpful ladies and HAPPY styling!

This item is amazing and the temp is perfect yes it does say 185 but that is C not F so it comes up to 365F which is enough to straighten hair. I love this item is worked amazing on my curly thick hair and I feel my hair is not being damaged due to the temp being changed though out the process.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best straighter i have ever used. It delivers silky straight curls and beautiful soft curls. The outside does not get hot unlike the previous ghds. I Found that it kept my hair stick straight in all conditions until i washed my hair. However one of my African-American clients who had very coarse frizzy hair in humidity started to frizz and slightly wave but was before beautifully silky straight, like the women on TV but without silicone's and special effects. I love this straightner, its amazing. :)

on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Ghd Eclipse is the best straightner I have ever used. I have thick coloured hair and have been using the old model Ghd for years but it just wasn't doing its job anymore. I purchased The Ghd Eclipse and it is so much better and consistent. My hair is straighter, shinier all in less time. I am absolutely in love with The Eclipse and it's capabilities. Love love love

Popular Hair Styling Tools