GHD Eclipse

GHD Eclipse
Eclipse

3.7

I frankly just think this wasn't for my hair type.

The great thing about it is that it gives great results in very little time. Fast start up, nearly one stroke and straightened. The only problem is no heat adjustment. This was way too hot for my hair--it conducts heat extremely well that it ended up frying my hair even with protectant on (could literally hear frizzling sometimes).

I grew my hair out for, say, four years, to repair previous damage from earlier hair endeavors, and now my hair is back in bad shape again because of the Eclipse. I used it only once a week for two months.

I'm sad, in a way, to have to let this straightener go, because the results really were amazing. But this really isn't something good for my wavy 2a/b hair.

I wouldn't recommend this product , i got caught up in all the hype for the eclipse and wasted £145 on them , they don't straighten in one pass , it takes several , they are not hot enough and after a couple of hours my hair looks i've not done anything to it , total waste of money , i have a loreal steam pod and cloud nine wide flat irons , they are far superior to ghd eclipse.

on 6/9/2015 10:30:00 PM

I love the Eclipse so much! I have naturally quite wavy/curly hair and it straightens within 10 minutes. My old straightener was pretty crap and it took ages to warm up and actually straighten my hair. I've also owned the GHD Gold version although it wasn't as good as the Eclipse, I can really tell the difference between the two and also the quality.

I highly recommend the GHD Eclipse for anyone who can afford it - yes it is quite expensive in store (around $300 - $350 NZD) but I got mine off Trade Me which was in brand new condition for $220 so it really was a bargain so I'm so pleased with it :) I admit I was pretty sceptical, wondering if it was really worth all that money so I read heaps of reviews online and eventually decided to give it a go.

Unlike previous GHD versions, the Eclipse keeps the heat evenly distributed on each part of the metal plates which is great. I have very thick, long hair so it can be hard to straighten each part equally!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been on a styling tool kick recently and I was look for a fab new device that took the effort out of styling hair,I've tried both the classic styler and the gold classic,let me say that the gold is the most EPIC fail from GHD this styler has a gap between the plates making styling difficult as hell,my hair would always slip out the gap,it annoyed me to the point where I would curse the darn thing,giving up in the middle of the styling process eventually I returned it and the technician also agreed that the gap made it near impossible to style hair with so they gave me another gold classic styler,went home attempted to use it,same issue as before the horrid gap between the plates,at this point I was ready for a full refund until they told me it was impossible I had to choose another product,so I decided on the eclipse,I would test it out this time before actually deciding to take it,I tested it out 3 times and fell instantly inlove! It heated up so fast didn't snag my hair or even have a gap lol YAY! It gave a nice smooth sliky finish leaving my hair looking like I was a shiny haired goddess of some sort,I use my styler for both straightening and curling so I tested its capacity to curl which is also impressive,for the rec I have thick asian hair which is difficult to style because it takes forever and plus its super long so styling can be hell at times but the ECLIPSE makes it so easy(btw does anyone else think of twilight everytime they see that word or is it just me?)This device has restored my faith in GHD and I would buy this again unless something better and more futuristic came out! TIP: if u are having difficulty with this styler go check out the youtube videos by GHD showing how it works and also the best way to use it,I found this really helpful also bonus for the variety of styles they show you how to do. Hope this review was helpful ladies and HAPPY styling!

on 3/3/2015 11:55:00 AM

This is by far the best flat iron I've ever used. My hairdresser used last I went to get my hair coloured, and my hair never looks more healthy and shiny. I have quite straight, fine hair, with very frizzy ends and it's hard to make my ends look nice and smooth - atleast it was before I found these straightners. I don't mind the one-temperature setting. I glide the iron once through my hair and thats it - takes me less than 3 mins! Ofc that might be different with different textures of hair.

Other than that, this is an extremely beautiful pair of straighternes, and I love that it doesn't have buttons where you grip the handle, since I tend to push them, and either shut the iron off, or change the temp.

I never really used my straightners all that much, maybe once or twice a month, but I hope that this will last me years and years, and thereby justify the price.

on 2/10/2015 10:28:00 AM

This styler creates GORGEOUS curls and waves. It's also very aesthetically pleasing and looks very professional! It never fails to tame frizzy hair or to ad volume to finer thinner hair. I don't use the styler on myself as i have very short hair and i am a stylist... Im going off of what clients tell me! People with hair that doesn't hold a style always holds with this! If you're on the market for a new styler and have the budget to buy this styler DO IT it's amazing, it heats up so so fast and really is the best that money can buy! If you're really looking for a cheaper alternative the chi digital flat iron is good it's what I used prior to this, again though.. It's not the ghd and it's not as good as the ghd. The technology aspect: the ghd heats up to 365 degrees Fahrenheit which doesn't damage the hair( it really doesn't) it also make the hair SO shiny and smooth and its the perfect temperature to style any hair type! It also heats up ultra fast and stays cool on the outside For the duration of your styling. Because of the 3 heat sensors in each plate the styler remains at a constant 365 degrees and really gives you an unbeatable even style. I hope my review helped!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is kind of hard to use and get used to when it only goes up to 185 degrees and the temp can't be changed. My last straightener was $60, had a temp setting dial to change the heat and went right up to 245 which makes for amazing curls.
This one also seems cheap in comparison because of the weight.
It heats up super quick and has a cute little chime, comes with a silicon heat guard and cools down fairly quickly, but if you're going to get a GHD i'd say just go for the classic.

This item is amazing and the temp is perfect yes it does say 185 but that is C not F so it comes up to 365F which is enough to straighten hair. I love this item is worked amazing on my curly thick hair and I feel my hair is not being damaged due to the temp being changed though out the process.

on 11/10/2014 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After years of using hot iron tools I decided to spend 200$ on this flat iron. I don't even know where to start to tell you how terrible it is. Why does this cost so much exactly??? To start the packaging is cheap, it is by no means better than any 30 $ flat iron. The plates are only 2 cm wide, way to narrow and there is no way you can curl your hair properly (the flat iron is supposed to allow curling too). Whatever curl or wave you manage to achieve lasts approximately two hours after which hair becomes horrible! What to say about the temperature? Well GHD decided that they be the one to decide the temperature which is why there is no temperature control. I read the temperature they settle is 185 degrees. Thats too cold. Curls and waves need a 200 degree temperature and this is why they dont last with this curler.
Im very angry. They should be ashamed of positioning this product as a high end product. Dont spend your money on this crap.

This is one of the worst hair straighteners I have ever purchased. I dont know what they have done but they have ruined their label in my eyes.

To make things worse their customer service is appalling. I tried to contact GHD to change the eclipses for one of the of GHD gold products.

I told them I was willing to lose the $100 difference - I just didn't want the eclipse (it is as useful as a $50 cheap straightener), however they just refused and told me I am stuck with it unless it is faulty.

Terrible product and even worse customer service.

Popular Hair Styling Tools