Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale
Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose InitialeJoues Contraste - Rose InitialeJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale

4.6

on 1/15/2018 7:43:00 PM

This for me is such a nice blush shade that does not lean orange. Ive tried rose ecrin, rose bronze, elegance and rose petale. They all looked very orange on my light pink undertone skin. I am les beiges n.10 chanel foundation I'm beige rose 22 and mac nw20, nars concealer creme brûlée , tarte shape tape in light.(i hope this helps those who have my similar skintone) i wanted something on the natural flush pink side. This shade is neutral on my cheeks, its not too cool or warm. Its just a "i see my crush" blushing bashful pink but not like those cool tone babydoll pinks that looks ridiculously fake on the cheeks. This blush was recommended for me and i knew i had to get it once the SA put it on my cheeks. It looks so pretty and natural i couldn't pass it up. I disliked the other ones I've tried i mentioned earlier because for my personal preference i don't like the peachy look on my skin because i tend to look sallow and unhealthy and its more obvious I'm wearing a blush, so i can't really pull off anything thats bronzey or peachy warm toned blushes. rose initial looks great with mac faux lipstick and some mascara for a very natural yet put together look. i use an angled chanel 10 brush and go ham lol. it never looks overdone

on 10/11/2017 8:01:00 AM

I can't usually wear pink blush because it looks unnatural on my skin tone, but I can definitely wear this one! I think it's because it has a subtle warm undertone rather than a cool blue-based undertone (which definitely clashes with my skin tone). Rose Initiale gives me a natural, just-come-from-a-brisk-walk-outdoors look. The only reason I took off one lippie is because staying power is not great: I have to re-apply the blush every few hours.

on 7/12/2017 9:33:00 AM

I just love love love this blush. Its adds a touch of sophistication to my face. My husband got this one for me as a surprise which makes it more special :) I will definitely re-purchase whenever I run out of it!

It's a good blush. Blendable and gives a just-came-from-the- cold-weather flushed look. But there are similar blushes out there that cost less.

on 2/4/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is really pricey because it's Chanel and it is nice but it lasts at most 2 hours on me. I've been liking wearing it on top of my Illamasqua Sleek velvet blush, and really like the combo. But it is the only time I appreciated the product. I was really not impressed by this one and would prefer not to have bought it. The compact is very nice though.

on 10/11/2014 1:57:00 AM

I love this blush!!! Beautiful
Pinkish color with a touch of peach. At first I thought too bright but after wearing it for a few days and getting the right amount applied it is stunning with my dark hair and brown eyes! Last all day does not fade or change color. The shimmer does not show up which is great! Makes me look younger and for the rose scent it fades away after a few minutes. Very pricey but worth it. Thinking of getting another shade also because this blush is damn good stuff!!!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Colour of pink rose pull slight coral with hint of shimmer. Shimmer not noticable. Have to layer slightly to get colour to show on my NC20-25 Asian complexion. Love the fresh pinch of colour on my cheeks. One of my fav JC blushes.

on 8/10/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have found it, the perfect pink blush in Rose Initiale! Goes with everything, from a deep berry lip to a sheer fuchsia. I've had it for more than a year now, and I'm not even half way through the compact. Not overly bright, but a buildable, sheer pink with just a touch of shimmer. I love it, and would definitely repurchase.

on 9/5/2013 11:51:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below, surprised how few reviews there are on this blush! It's a really pretty pink and peach blush. A bit like Orgasm, except without the sheen. It strikes a nice balance between the two colors, a bit of a punch color really. Also I love the amount of pigmentation. Like many of the Chanel blushes just the right amount of color, not too little, but also not too much. I will definitely repurchase this one, very happy with it.

on 3/31/2013 1:52:00 PM

This is my HG blush.

The colour is gorgeous, it's a warmish pink, that doesn't lean too warm, and matches everything. It's got a bit of peach to it and is great as an everyday blush, or buildable for a night out.

Pigmentation is great, and the product is finely milled.

Not a huge fan of the brush that comes with it, but I can use my own.

Cannot recommend enough!