Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale
Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose InitialeJoues Contraste - Rose InitialeJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale

4.5

on 10/11/2017 8:01:00 AM

I can't usually wear pink blush because it looks unnatural on my skin tone, but I can definitely wear this one! I think it's because it has a subtle warm undertone rather than a cool blue-based undertone (which definitely clashes with my skin tone). Rose Initiale gives me a natural, just-come-from-a-brisk-walk-outdoors look. The only reason I took off one lippie is because staying power is not great: I have to re-apply the blush every few hours.

on 7/12/2017 9:33:00 AM

I just love love love this blush. Its adds a touch of sophistication to my face. My husband got this one for me as a surprise which makes it more special :) I will definitely re-purchase whenever I run out of it!

on 2/4/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is really pricey because it's Chanel and it is nice but it lasts at most 2 hours on me. I've been liking wearing it on top of my Illamasqua Sleek velvet blush, and really like the combo. But it is the only time I appreciated the product. I was really not impressed by this one and would prefer not to have bought it. The compact is very nice though.

It's a good blush. Blendable and gives a just-came-from-the- cold-weather flushed look. But there are similar blushes out there that cost less.

on 10/11/2014 1:57:00 AM

I love this blush!!! Beautiful
Pinkish color with a touch of peach. At first I thought too bright but after wearing it for a few days and getting the right amount applied it is stunning with my dark hair and brown eyes! Last all day does not fade or change color. The shimmer does not show up which is great! Makes me look younger and for the rose scent it fades away after a few minutes. Very pricey but worth it. Thinking of getting another shade also because this blush is damn good stuff!!!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Colour of pink rose pull slight coral with hint of shimmer. Shimmer not noticable. Have to layer slightly to get colour to show on my NC20-25 Asian complexion. Love the fresh pinch of colour on my cheeks. One of my fav JC blushes.

on 9/5/2013 11:51:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below, surprised how few reviews there are on this blush! It's a really pretty pink and peach blush. A bit like Orgasm, except without the sheen. It strikes a nice balance between the two colors, a bit of a punch color really. Also I love the amount of pigmentation. Like many of the Chanel blushes just the right amount of color, not too little, but also not too much. I will definitely repurchase this one, very happy with it.

on 3/3/2013 6:40:00 PM

Rose Initiale pleasantly surprised me. The SA @ Nordstrom's picked this color for me, but I thought it was too bright for my NC-25 skin, However, it's the perfect mix of pink and peach, more of a coral-ly peach shade with minimal shimmer. Agree with the previous reviewer this would suit a variety of skin tones since the color is buildable. Like many Chanel products, it has the faint scent of roses, which I love.

on 3/31/2013 1:52:00 PM

This is my HG blush.

The colour is gorgeous, it's a warmish pink, that doesn't lean too warm, and matches everything. It's got a bit of peach to it and is great as an everyday blush, or buildable for a night out.

Pigmentation is great, and the product is finely milled.

Not a huge fan of the brush that comes with it, but I can use my own.

Cannot recommend enough!

on 8/10/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have found it, the perfect pink blush in Rose Initiale! Goes with everything, from a deep berry lip to a sheer fuchsia. I've had it for more than a year now, and I'm not even half way through the compact. Not overly bright, but a buildable, sheer pink with just a touch of shimmer. I love it, and would definitely repurchase.