Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection-Pinking of You

Hard Candy-Top Ten

2.5

on 10/2/2018 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is cheap... But it's really bad. Applied poorly, stays really poorly, texture is bad - basically, it's like cheap makeup for kids, who don't know better. However, the price isn't THAT low that it justifies the quality, compared to other cheaper brands. For about the same price I would rather recommend Wet n Wild or BH Cosmetics, who have sales all the time

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These shades look beautiful but they’re weak sauce. They go on really faint, aren’t buildable, and crease even if you use a primer and setting spray from HC. I really really wanted to like them but I ended up giving them away to my best friend who is just learning makeup so she could practice with crap eyeshadow you don’t care if you waste by taking it right off.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased this Friday from Wally World. I don’t pop into MUA because I don’t purchase makeup that often 😕 and mobile phone keyboard (too small, IMO).

Anyway, I should’ve checked the reviews here first.

The packaging is pretty and I can open it w/o any issues. I haven’t actually used the product yet and I’m seriously thinking of returning it. I’m not sure if Walmart accepts returns on makeup tho, so I maybe stuck with it.

I gave it 3 stars since it’s a “middle of the road” grade and for not trying it yet.

on 6/30/2018 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the pretty pinks and lavenders. These do not apply well though. They are dry and powdery and the pigment is so light that it takes too much time and effort to get any real color on the lids. This does not build up either. It's such a disappointment once you open the cover. I have had this for several years and have given this so many tries because I love the palette colors and packaging. While it does create a really nice looking soft pastel eye look and it looks great with my skintone, it is way too much work and not worth the effort. I'd rather grab a different palette instead. The packaging on this is adorable though and that lace is real. This looks cute on the counter, but it's too bad that is what is does best. It's finally going into the trash where it should have been a long time ago. I kept thinking I could make it work. I can't. Don't bother.

on 10/27/2016 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

No pigment, all glitter

Horrible. Junk. Zero pigmentation. Cute package. Do NOT waste your money on this. Sorry. Not sorry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Palette in 528 Pinking of You over the Independence Day holiday. It was @ a WalMart by the hotel I was staying in that had a huge Hard Candy selection! My local WalMart hasn't stocked Hard Candy in at least a year. Anyway, I grabbed this palette b/c I love pink eyeshadows. They usually highlight my green/hazel eyes well. This palette has quality shadows. There are peach, apricot, burgundy, taupe, white, & pink tones included. I barely tap my E.L.F.Smudge Brush into the burgundy for a blast of crease & outer-v color. It's remarkably blendable for a dark tone. Many dark shadows don't blend well for me, so this was a pleasant surprise. The lighter colors are all well pigmented & blend nicely. I adore the pink & black lace packaging! It was sealed & I appreciate that. Hard Candy could have given two dual ended sponge applicators inside or one of those & a brush considering the space inside. It seems odd to only have one applicator for 10 shadows. None of the shadows have kicked up much dust upon dipping my brush in them. The mirror is small but useful. For $6, Hard Candy did a great job! I'll be looking for more of these Top Ten Palettes @ the WalMarts in surrounding areas.

The palette is okay. There really isn't any pigment to these eyeshadows, but they are blendable and I like using thim for sort of shimmery looks. I probably would buy again because I don't really do a lot of colors on my lids, but I like the pretty shine. But If you want pigment, do not buy this.

on 3/25/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Everyone hates these eyeshadows but I love them because I added water and then applied them. The water created a nice foil effect with high pigmentation. I love a nice foil effect because I love the shimmery look. I would skip if you don't like shimmer. This should come with the instructions to add water and then apply. I will purchase again. I love pinks like this because they suit my ghost like appearance.

on 12/10/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wish this palette was nice. Unfortunately, there is n o color payoff, which renders it useless because that is the whole point of eye shadow. Cute packaging, that's all though.