StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It did not do any wonder for my skin, infact I felt I was better using Philosophy Night Retinol treatment. My face just appeared more oily in the morning and my skin would break out, the moment I use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was given a bunch of samples which I tried every night for one week. The formula is quite thick yellow in color. It feels very heavy which I suppose adds to it's moisturizing properties but I also found this to feel a bit on the greasy side for my skin. I applied this and about 30 mins later I touched my face and the glow on my hand was ridiculous. This takes a really long time to absorb which makes me wonder how much was soaking into my pillowcase each night because in the morning my skin didn't look shiny at all. All that aside, I think this does a good job plumping up the skin and filling in fine lines because my skin did look very nice each morning after use. It 's not my first choice for a retinol cream but do I think this is worth using? Yes, I think many people would like this product, it's just not my preference in formula.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

pricey but oh so worth it. texture in the skin is no joke and this nighttime moisturizer helped smooth out my skin and bring back the youthfulness it was missing.

I've used prescribed retinol for years and finally took a break because my skin was getting used to it. I just started using retinol products again after 2 years and found this to be a good product to gradually get my skin used to retinol again without the irritating side effects. I like that it has a mix of antiaging ingredients that aren't too strong. Hasn't not caused dryness so far.

I love this product! I have acne prone skin and this product doesn't break me out. I have stopped using it to try other products and have always came back to it. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I use it religiously!

on 3/5/2015 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product nightly. When I stop using it I see a difference, my face looks less toned. It also leaves your face very soft. I never use it during the day. I apply it after I cleanse with my clarisonic, which is another of my favorite products. I am really interested in trying the new strivectin facial toning device but don't see any reviews on MA yet.

on 4/1/2014 11:01:00 AM

Surprised everyone loved this.the smell did not bother me, I thought it was pleasant.used for two weeks, only on certain areas to compare and check.NOTHING, IN FACT I BROKE OUT IN HIVES. Tried on neck to see if there would be a difference, it stung I did not break put there but it made my skin wrinkle and shrivel.
Would not buy again, just wasn't for me.

on 9/18/2013 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this product for almost two months now, so I feel that I can give it a fair review. I'd wanted to all a retinol product to my skin care regimen, but because I have melasma, I didn't want to give up using niacin products. Since this has both, I decided to try it. It works. It's keeping my brown spots in check and may be lightening them a bit, and the retinol is definitely improving my wrinkles--marionette lines and one on my forehead over my left eye. This is a thick yellow cream that doesn't feel heavy when applied (although, because shea butter is high up on the list, I doubt that oily skins would like it). I've had no breakouts or irritation, and my skin looks plumped up and hydrated, even after I wash it off. I did feel a slight tingle the first few times I used it, and still do after exfoliating, but it's minor. And it comes in a tube, so it's sanitary and easy to use. It is expensive at $108 for 1.7 oz, but given the amount needed and the results, I'll cough it up. (And you can get good bargains if you keep an eye out for them.) I will repurchase this product--it's a winner!

Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene.

I am 33 years old and have VERY problematic skin. Acne breakouts, large pores around my nose, some discoloration, etc. I have spent so much money on products that promise you the moon,and ended up making my skin look worse!! I have sensitive skin, so anything with retinol in it scared me. When I read about this product and that it will not be harsh on the skin, I figured, "what the hell." Well, I love it! My skin looks smoother and the acne that was on my chin has cleared up. I have had no reactions from the retinol either. It is costly, but it does last for a few months.

on 8/7/2013 5:17:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a good night time facial product so saw this one at Costco and decided to give it a try. The StriVectin brand has a good reputation so thought it would be hard to go wrong. Didn't expect the results I got though. I noticed a difference in my skin in less than a week, after applying it every night. Fine wrinkles around my eyes and lips were less noticeable and my skin felt smoother and softer. The instructions said there might be some "slight tingling" after application but I didn't notice that at all. I apply under my eyes too so that eliminates an eye cream too! This new product from StriVectin is well worth purchasing.