StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Combination
StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

3.0

Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene

on 3/10/2017 1:02:00 AM

This is a very effective retinol treatment. The company would not divulge the percentage of retinol but told me because it is paired with NIA 24, it makes the retinol convert 20 times faster. I believe it!

My instinct is it is around 0.05 percent but definitely works as well as 1 percent product (eg skinceutical 1 %, but I dislike the high silicone texture)

Pair this is 10-12% glycolic acid, your skin will peel like hell but surprising not the painful, inflamed, red type. I just get it around the house mouth but only peeling, not inflamed.

That's why I know this is a unique formula and effective.

I am aware the packaging is NOT air tight which means use it up as soon as possible. The company says the retinol is NOT encapsulated, so it will gradually degrade.

I've used prescribed retinol for years and finally took a break because my skin was getting used to it. I just started using retinol products again after 2 years and found this to be a good product to gradually get my skin used to retinol again without the irritating side effects. I like that it has a mix of antiaging ingredients that aren't too strong. Hasn't not caused dryness so far.

I tried a sample i was given from Sephora last night. I woke up with extremely swollen/puffy eyes, i can barely open my eyes. I'm assuming i had an allergic reaction. I threw it away :(

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just purchased my second tube of this. Love the combination of niacin and retinol. My skin is definiely brighter. This is a lightly scented lotion that applies easily into the skin. It is emollient enough that I do not require another moisturizer on top. This does not irritate my skin at all. You get a generous amount for the price. Update: after finishing my second tube of this, I have not noticed any improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.

on 4/1/2014 11:01:00 AM

Surprised everyone loved this.the smell did not bother me, I thought it was pleasant.used for two weeks, only on certain areas to compare and check.NOTHING, IN FACT I BROKE OUT IN HIVES. Tried on neck to see if there would be a difference, it stung I did not break put there but it made my skin wrinkle and shrivel.
Would not buy again, just wasn't for me.