StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

4.2

Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene

on 3/10/2017 1:02:00 AM

This is a very effective retinol treatment. The company would not divulge the percentage of retinol but told me because it is paired with NIA 24, it makes the retinol convert 20 times faster. I believe it!

My instinct is it is around 0.05 percent but definitely works as well as 1 percent product (eg skinceutical 1 %, but I dislike the high silicone texture)

Pair this is 10-12% glycolic acid, your skin will peel like hell but surprising not the painful, inflamed, red type. I just get it around the house mouth but only peeling, not inflamed.

That's why I know this is a unique formula and effective.

I am aware the packaging is NOT air tight which means use it up as soon as possible. The company says the retinol is NOT encapsulated, so it will gradually degrade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was given a bunch of samples which I tried every night for one week. The formula is quite thick yellow in color. It feels very heavy which I suppose adds to it's moisturizing properties but I also found this to feel a bit on the greasy side for my skin. I applied this and about 30 mins later I touched my face and the glow on my hand was ridiculous. This takes a really long time to absorb which makes me wonder how much was soaking into my pillowcase each night because in the morning my skin didn't look shiny at all. All that aside, I think this does a good job plumping up the skin and filling in fine lines because my skin did look very nice each morning after use. It 's not my first choice for a retinol cream but do I think this is worth using? Yes, I think many people would like this product, it's just not my preference in formula.

on 7/20/2016 10:43:00 AM

I bought this from TKMaxx . I do think it has a positive effect on my skin. I think my skin looks more refined and even. I have quite sensitive skin but have so far not had any reaction or dryness from using it. It hasn't wowed me though so I'll probably try a different product next time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

pricey but oh so worth it. texture in the skin is no joke and this nighttime moisturizer helped smooth out my skin and bring back the youthfulness it was missing.

I've used prescribed retinol for years and finally took a break because my skin was getting used to it. I just started using retinol products again after 2 years and found this to be a good product to gradually get my skin used to retinol again without the irritating side effects. I like that it has a mix of antiaging ingredients that aren't too strong. Hasn't not caused dryness so far.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product was expensive but did work fairly well. I don't know the exact retinol percentage but I can say that it was strong enough that I couldn't wear It every night on my face. I did best 2 days on, 1-2 days off, otherwise I would peel and look pretty bad and turn red. I will buy again. Retinol does a great job at exfoliating the face and bringing new surface to the skin which get a lot of the junk out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used a sample of this product before buying - the sample was large enough to allow me to test the product for a week. On the second or third day I found it made my skin itch and I initially thought this product wouldn't work out, but the irritation went away by day four. I bought the full size product shortly thereafter so I wouldn't have a 'break' in using the product, and I've been using it for two full months now. I really like this product. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin. I should note though, that I don't use it around my eyes. Retinols have a reputation for making the skin thinner (and then I've heard the exact opposite, so go figure) and I'm not willing to risk it. I use this product mainly on my forehead (where I've had lines for a while now) and chin/throat. I think it's helping and will continue using the product for a few more months to see if it makes a significant impact. Overall I like the product and would re-purchase, at least for a few more months of use.

This was a tough one for me to review. There were some things I definitely liked about this retinol product, but some I didn't. For the likes, the smell and consistency were great, and it dried quickly. The dislikes I had were it wasn't very powerful and it has a very high price tag. For that amount of money, I was hoping it would be a stronger product. This might work for someone new to retinol, but seeing that I've used retinol before, it just wasn't strong enough for me.

I love this product! I have acne prone skin and this product doesn't break me out. I have stopped using it to try other products and have always came back to it. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I use it religiously!

I tried a sample i was given from Sephora last night. I woke up with extremely swollen/puffy eyes, i can barely open my eyes. I'm assuming i had an allergic reaction. I threw it away :(