StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

4.1

on 3/10/2017 1:02:00 AM

This is a very effective retinol treatment. The company would not divulge the percentage of retinol but told me because it is paired with NIA 24, it makes the retinol convert 20 times faster. I believe it!

My instinct is it is around 0.05 percent but definitely works as well as 1 percent product (eg skinceutical 1 %, but I dislike the high silicone texture)

Pair this is 10-12% glycolic acid, your skin will peel like hell but surprising not the painful, inflamed, red type. I just get it around the house mouth but only peeling, not inflamed.

That's why I know this is a unique formula and effective.

I am aware the packaging is NOT air tight which means use it up as soon as possible. The company says the retinol is NOT encapsulated, so it will gradually degrade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

pricey but oh so worth it. texture in the skin is no joke and this nighttime moisturizer helped smooth out my skin and bring back the youthfulness it was missing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product was expensive but did work fairly well. I don't know the exact retinol percentage but I can say that it was strong enough that I couldn't wear It every night on my face. I did best 2 days on, 1-2 days off, otherwise I would peel and look pretty bad and turn red. I will buy again. Retinol does a great job at exfoliating the face and bringing new surface to the skin which get a lot of the junk out.

I love this product! I have acne prone skin and this product doesn't break me out. I have stopped using it to try other products and have always came back to it. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I use it religiously!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used a sample of this product before buying - the sample was large enough to allow me to test the product for a week. On the second or third day I found it made my skin itch and I initially thought this product wouldn't work out, but the irritation went away by day four. I bought the full size product shortly thereafter so I wouldn't have a 'break' in using the product, and I've been using it for two full months now. I really like this product. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin. I should note though, that I don't use it around my eyes. Retinols have a reputation for making the skin thinner (and then I've heard the exact opposite, so go figure) and I'm not willing to risk it. I use this product mainly on my forehead (where I've had lines for a while now) and chin/throat. I think it's helping and will continue using the product for a few more months to see if it makes a significant impact. Overall I like the product and would re-purchase, at least for a few more months of use.

on 12/5/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm new to the retinol creams and I was a bit leery of starting since I have uber sensitive skin but this product is AH-MAZE-ING!!! No scent which is so appealing to me and it makes my skin feel & look great! Everytime I used the sample (every other night), my husband would comment on how good my completion looked. Purchased full size 😊

on 9/18/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this product for almost two months now, so I feel that I can give it a fair review. I'd wanted to all a retinol product to my skin care regimen, but because I have melasma, I didn't want to give up using niacin products. Since this has both, I decided to try it. It works. It's keeping my brown spots in check and may be lightening them a bit, and the retinol is definitely improving my wrinkles--marionette lines and one on my forehead over my left eye. This is a thick yellow cream that doesn't feel heavy when applied (although, because shea butter is high up on the list, I doubt that oily skins would like it). I've had no breakouts or irritation, and my skin looks plumped up and hydrated, even after I wash it off. I did feel a slight tingle the first few times I used it, and still do after exfoliating, but it's minor. And it comes in a tube, so it's sanitary and easy to use. It is expensive at $108 for 1.7 oz, but given the amount needed and the results, I'll cough it up. (And you can get good bargains if you keep an eye out for them.) I will repurchase this product--it's a winner!

Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene.

I am 33 years old and have VERY problematic skin. Acne breakouts, large pores around my nose, some discoloration, etc. I have spent so much money on products that promise you the moon,and ended up making my skin look worse!! I have sensitive skin, so anything with retinol in it scared me. When I read about this product and that it will not be harsh on the skin, I figured, "what the hell." Well, I love it! My skin looks smoother and the acne that was on my chin has cleared up. I have had no reactions from the retinol either. It is costly, but it does last for a few months.

on 8/7/2013 5:17:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a good night time facial product so saw this one at Costco and decided to give it a try. The StriVectin brand has a good reputation so thought it would be hard to go wrong. Didn't expect the results I got though. I noticed a difference in my skin in less than a week, after applying it every night. Fine wrinkles around my eyes and lips were less noticeable and my skin felt smoother and softer. The instructions said there might be some "slight tingling" after application but I didn't notice that at all. I apply under my eyes too so that eliminates an eye cream too! This new product from StriVectin is well worth purchasing.

I first discovered this in a sample from Bergdorf Goodman. The sample lasted me 3 nights and I could see a difference in my skin in 2. The fine lines on my forehead began to disappear, my pores appeared every so smaller and my skin just looked so fresh and much more alive.

I had never used a retinol cream before so I really didn't know what to expect. I was rather stunned honestly. After I ran out of this I used a large sample of Kate Sommervile 2-in 1 retasphere for 10 days. the KS product does not even compare. It basically doesn't do anything for me.

I found a full 1.7 oz bottle of this on Amazon for $50 and it normally retails for $110 so I was pretty thrilled. I am so excited to have found this product and am feeling better about my severely sun-damaged skin (7 years of lifeguardiing). I plan to use it 5 nights a week and will likely repurchase again in 6 months when I need to use retinol again.