StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

4.1

Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene

on 4/1/2014 11:01:00 AM

Surprised everyone loved this.the smell did not bother me, I thought it was pleasant.used for two weeks, only on certain areas to compare and check.NOTHING, IN FACT I BROKE OUT IN HIVES. Tried on neck to see if there would be a difference, it stung I did not break put there but it made my skin wrinkle and shrivel.
Would not buy again, just wasn't for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It did not do any wonder for my skin, infact I felt I was better using Philosophy Night Retinol treatment. My face just appeared more oily in the morning and my skin would break out, the moment I use it.

I've used prescribed retinol for years and finally took a break because my skin was getting used to it. I just started using retinol products again after 2 years and found this to be a good product to gradually get my skin used to retinol again without the irritating side effects. I like that it has a mix of antiaging ingredients that aren't too strong. Hasn't not caused dryness so far.

I tried a sample i was given from Sephora last night. I woke up with extremely swollen/puffy eyes, i can barely open my eyes. I'm assuming i had an allergic reaction. I threw it away :(

This was a tough one for me to review. There were some things I definitely liked about this retinol product, but some I didn't. For the likes, the smell and consistency were great, and it dried quickly. The dislikes I had were it wasn't very powerful and it has a very high price tag. For that amount of money, I was hoping it would be a stronger product. This might work for someone new to retinol, but seeing that I've used retinol before, it just wasn't strong enough for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just purchased my second tube of this. Love the combination of niacin and retinol. My skin is definiely brighter. This is a lightly scented lotion that applies easily into the skin. It is emollient enough that I do not require another moisturizer on top. This does not irritate my skin at all. You get a generous amount for the price. Update: after finishing my second tube of this, I have not noticed any improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was given a bunch of samples which I tried every night for one week. The formula is quite thick yellow in color. It feels very heavy which I suppose adds to it's moisturizing properties but I also found this to feel a bit on the greasy side for my skin. I applied this and about 30 mins later I touched my face and the glow on my hand was ridiculous. This takes a really long time to absorb which makes me wonder how much was soaking into my pillowcase each night because in the morning my skin didn't look shiny at all. All that aside, I think this does a good job plumping up the skin and filling in fine lines because my skin did look very nice each morning after use. It 's not my first choice for a retinol cream but do I think this is worth using? Yes, I think many people would like this product, it's just not my preference in formula.

on 7/20/2016 10:43:00 AM

I bought this from TKMaxx . I do think it has a positive effect on my skin. I think my skin looks more refined and even. I have quite sensitive skin but have so far not had any reaction or dryness from using it. It hasn't wowed me though so I'll probably try a different product next time.

on 3/5/2015 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product nightly. When I stop using it I see a difference, my face looks less toned. It also leaves your face very soft. I never use it during the day. I apply it after I cleanse with my clarisonic, which is another of my favorite products. I am really interested in trying the new strivectin facial toning device but don't see any reviews on MA yet.

on 8/3/2014 11:34:00 AM

I cannot speak to the long-term effects of this product, but I can say that I really enjoy the texture and the "tightening" effect, however temporary, this product brings to my face. I was expecting to experience a bit of irritation, but this product did not bother me in the least. I am a little disappointed that the ingredients list is chock full of ingredients that I cannot pronounce, but I will give it a shot. I am not sure if I would repurchase at this point.