StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

on 3/10/2017 1:02:00 AM

This is a very effective retinol treatment. The company would not divulge the percentage of retinol but told me because it is paired with NIA 24, it makes the retinol convert 20 times faster. I believe it!

My instinct is it is around 0.05 percent but definitely works as well as 1 percent product (eg skinceutical 1 %, but I dislike the high silicone texture)

Pair this is 10-12% glycolic acid, your skin will peel like hell but surprising not the painful, inflamed, red type. I just get it around the house mouth but only peeling, not inflamed.

That's why I know this is a unique formula and effective.

I am aware the packaging is NOT air tight which means use it up as soon as possible. The company says the retinol is NOT encapsulated, so it will gradually degrade.

on 9/18/2013 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this product for almost two months now, so I feel that I can give it a fair review. I'd wanted to all a retinol product to my skin care regimen, but because I have melasma, I didn't want to give up using niacin products. Since this has both, I decided to try it. It works. It's keeping my brown spots in check and may be lightening them a bit, and the retinol is definitely improving my wrinkles--marionette lines and one on my forehead over my left eye. This is a thick yellow cream that doesn't feel heavy when applied (although, because shea butter is high up on the list, I doubt that oily skins would like it). I've had no breakouts or irritation, and my skin looks plumped up and hydrated, even after I wash it off. I did feel a slight tingle the first few times I used it, and still do after exfoliating, but it's minor. And it comes in a tube, so it's sanitary and easy to use. It is expensive at $108 for 1.7 oz, but given the amount needed and the results, I'll cough it up. (And you can get good bargains if you keep an eye out for them.) I will repurchase this product--it's a winner!

Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was given a bunch of samples which I tried every night for one week. The formula is quite thick yellow in color. It feels very heavy which I suppose adds to it's moisturizing properties but I also found this to feel a bit on the greasy side for my skin. I applied this and about 30 mins later I touched my face and the glow on my hand was ridiculous. This takes a really long time to absorb which makes me wonder how much was soaking into my pillowcase each night because in the morning my skin didn't look shiny at all. All that aside, I think this does a good job plumping up the skin and filling in fine lines because my skin did look very nice each morning after use. It 's not my first choice for a retinol cream but do I think this is worth using? Yes, I think many people would like this product, it's just not my preference in formula.

This was a tough one for me to review. There were some things I definitely liked about this retinol product, but some I didn't. For the likes, the smell and consistency were great, and it dried quickly. The dislikes I had were it wasn't very powerful and it has a very high price tag. For that amount of money, I was hoping it would be a stronger product. This might work for someone new to retinol, but seeing that I've used retinol before, it just wasn't strong enough for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

pricey but oh so worth it. texture in the skin is no joke and this nighttime moisturizer helped smooth out my skin and bring back the youthfulness it was missing.

on 7/20/2016 10:43:00 AM

I bought this from TKMaxx . I do think it has a positive effect on my skin. I think my skin looks more refined and even. I have quite sensitive skin but have so far not had any reaction or dryness from using it. It hasn't wowed me though so I'll probably try a different product next time.

I tried a sample i was given from Sephora last night. I woke up with extremely swollen/puffy eyes, i can barely open my eyes. I'm assuming i had an allergic reaction. I threw it away :(

on 3/5/2015 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product nightly. When I stop using it I see a difference, my face looks less toned. It also leaves your face very soft. I never use it during the day. I apply it after I cleanse with my clarisonic, which is another of my favorite products. I am really interested in trying the new strivectin facial toning device but don't see any reviews on MA yet.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just purchased my second tube of this. Love the combination of niacin and retinol. My skin is definiely brighter. This is a lightly scented lotion that applies easily into the skin. It is emollient enough that I do not require another moisturizer on top. This does not irritate my skin at all. You get a generous amount for the price. Update: after finishing my second tube of this, I have not noticed any improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.

on 8/7/2013 5:17:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a good night time facial product so saw this one at Costco and decided to give it a try. The StriVectin brand has a good reputation so thought it would be hard to go wrong. Didn't expect the results I got though. I noticed a difference in my skin in less than a week, after applying it every night. Fine wrinkles around my eyes and lips were less noticeable and my skin felt smoother and softer. The instructions said there might be some "slight tingling" after application but I didn't notice that at all. I apply under my eyes too so that eliminates an eye cream too! This new product from StriVectin is well worth purchasing.